Update: DeShaun Watson suspended 11 games, fined $5 million in settlement between NFL and NFLPA

Brian

The NFL creating the extra spectacle of Watson returning to the field of play conveniently the week he plays the organization that drafted him and had a bad break up with is maybe the only thing more cynical than DW’s apology immediately followed up once the ink was dry on his suspension with a forceful “I didn’t do anything wrong”.

There really isn’t an American sports league worthy of more hate than the NFL

• 3 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, Commodore D said:

Welp, throw away another Browns' season. 

Would have been nice to just roll with Baker for one final year; at least I would have known some of what we would get. 

Probably never going to be comfortable with Mr. Nasty at QB; must win a Superbowl or it wasn't worth it.

The Browns current record makes me feel better about Watson now starting. Would have been weird to be excited about him leading the Browns to the playoffs. Now that is mostly off the table. 

Had thought about going to the game (the energy should comical); but I decided it would be time better spent taking my children to the last First Sunday of the year. 

(Possibly a double post)