Update: DeShaun Watson suspended 11 games, fined $5 million in settlement between NFL and NFLPA

Brian

• Brian changed the title to Watson suspended 6 games, no fine, “pattern of behavior egregious” but “nonviolent sexual conduct” lol Wut
10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not only that, but Ridley wasn't even playing in the games, he was on IR.

As always, it is money.

A player gambling on games could create the impression that players make game decisions based on things like the spread, props, etc., which could make people less likely to gamble.

Someone going across the country and abusing masseuses presents no such financial concerns.

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Lolololol what a joke

I can’t believe that there are still dunces out there that think the Pats didn’t deflate the balls, lol.

A reminder that the Browns gave Watson a new contract in which his 2022 salary was intentionally decreased to 10 million on the assumption he would be suspended during this season, limiting the loss of game checks.

Trash human, trash organization

14 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

6 games is a joke. He’s a serial predator. It should have been at least 2 years. 

It’s going to be more than 6 games. I think a year is the minimum after this appeal process. 2 years ain’t happening but would have been great.

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I typically will try and fact check such a claim, but it is so funny that even if false I prefer to believe it is true 😂

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: DeShaun Watson suspended 11 games, fined $5 million in settlement between NFL and NFLPA

Ah turns out gotta delay his return for an easy game

USATSI_18771953-e1659360394832.jpg
PROFOOTBALLTALK.NBCSPORTS.COM

With Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson suspended 11 games to start the 2022 season, he’ll make his return in the twelfth game.That happens to be in Week 13. Against the Texans. In Houston.It’s somewhat amazing that the NFL relented in settlement talks, splitting the difference between 10 games and 12. But Watson’s debut will be big [more]