Nancy Goes To Taipei: China halts cooperation with the US on a range of issues

2 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

It’s ok. Europeans are the junior partners, they know this now. And I can say this as a Greek resident. Half of that country is dependent on American capital and their entire continent is dependent on the American military.

im just assuming he’s demut who once argued with me about this very topic.

His writing style isn't right to be demut.

China has halted cooperation with the United States on a range of issues:

3596.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Retaliatory measures announced as Beijing carries out military drills around the island

Relations between the world’s two largest economies have plummeted into further uncertainty as China halted ties with the US on a range of critical issues – from talks on the climate crisis to dialogue between their militaries – following the visit to Taiwan earlier this week by the US House speaker, Nancy Pelosi.

The declaration of the series of “countermeasures” came as Beijing for a second day staged massive military drills surrounding the island of Taiwan and also announced sanctions against Pelosi and her direct family members for what it called her “vicious and provocative actions”.

Taiwan’s defence ministry said 30 Chinese aircraft had crossed the Taiwan strait median line and it had scrambled jets to warn away 49 Chinese aircraft in its air defence zone.

With tensions running high in the Taiwan strait, China on Friday said it was cancelling some efforts to keep communication channels open between Chinese and US military commanders. Those included attempts to coordinate air and sea operations to prevent unintentional flare-ups, for example, by warships operating close to each other at sea.

Bilateral talks and collaborations on issues including the climate emergency, repatriation of illegal immigrants, counternarcotics and legal assistance in criminal matters were suspended.

On Friday, the White House said it had summoned China’s ambassador to Washington to condemn the “irresponsible” behaviour of Beijing over Taiwan.

FZZJIuvUIAEfO3Q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Nancy Goes To Taipei: China halts cooperation with the US on a range of issues
1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

I imagine they feel they can't. Remember they are a totalitarian state so they need stuff like this to provide legitamicy. 

I mean sure, but now they just look stupid throwing a tantrum that amounted to literally nothing, like even Chinese nationalists should be ashamed of this reaction, lol.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean sure, but now they just look stupid throwing a tantrum that amounted to literally nothing, like even Chinese nationalists should be ashamed of this reaction, lol.

odd to call china a fickle bitch when america goes all out to punish those they cede wars to.