Is it too early to get hyped for Halloween?

misfit410

I'm getting an early start so I can do things right, every year I do animations rear projected onto my outer windows that are pretty popular with the kiddos, I usually start late and half ass it but this year I want to have time to do it right,  I'll most likely need weeks to render the final version (I intend to have a wall and just hundreds of these crawling up them).. first I had to get one properly rigged and animated..

Done completely in Blender

I love September. (The early start of signs of fall and football is back)

October - Halloween ( NBA and NHL both start back)

November - Thanksgiving and the start of the holiday shopping season. 

December - Christmas

I wouldn’t say it was too early to get hyped.  If Halloween is your thing than you do you.  

My son already has his Batman costume and my daughter has her female Joker costume. My wife is probably going to be Catwoman and I have no clue who I'm dressing up as. I'm not big on a lot of the Batman villains like Penguin, Two Face, etc... Maybe Bane? Oh our small dog has a Robin costume too lol. 

Last year we went as the Ninja Turtles and I made their wagon into a Ninja Turtles garbage truck. This year I'm going to make into some sort of a Batman truck with a jail cell on the back where my daughter will ride around. Going to rig up some sort of black light for the jail cell part and hopefully find some safe body paint for kids that reacts to the black light. Give my daughter a nice Joker smile. Shes only 4 but she said to make her look scary. :daydream:

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 9:55 PM, misfit410 said:

I just use cheap Epson projectors and you can either get some nice white blinds that let the light through, or FearFX has special plastic sheets you can hang up.

Does YouTube have scenes you can show or is their a special website or something? I really want to get a window projection system too. 

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Does YouTube have scenes you can show or is their a special website or something? I really want to get a window projection system too. 

You can buy DVD's that are incredible

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Fearfx

I own two of those and they are fantastic (they consider every angle and projection style and give you tons of options).

If I ever make any of high enough quality I may release them freely, mine are amateurish as hell but I'm getting better.

I need to dig up where I stored all of mine, I can only find one online, but feel free to toy with it\

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cNnkcP14evNngxbkhLaW5BUkk/view?usp=sharing

I play that with VLC on a playlist with a few others that loop.

16 hours ago, misfit410 said:

You can buy DVD's that are incredible

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Fearfx

I own two of those and they are fantastic (they consider every angle and projection style and give you tons of options).

If I ever make any of high enough quality I may release them freely, mine are amateurish as hell but I'm getting better.

I need to dig up where I stored all of mine, I can only find one online, but feel free to toy with it\

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cNnkcP14evNngxbkhLaW5BUkk/view?usp=sharing

I play that with VLC on a playlist with a few others that loop.

Cool thx. Damn those DVDs are expensive for only having 1 scene on them. 

12 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Cool thx. Damn those DVDs are expensive for only having 1 scene on them. 

They tend to have one subject, like ghosts or zombies, but it's many scenes available and in dozens of formats based on how you'd project it (some made for windows, some made for walls, etc)