Who is the New York Times "Anonymous Op-Ed Writer"? (There will be a prize!)

Who is the "Anonymous Op-Ed Writer" for the New York Times?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the "Anonymous Op-Ed Writer" for the New York Times?

• Donald
    • Melania
    • Barron
    • Mike Pence
    • Nikki Haley
    • Kellyanne Conway and/or Her Husband
    • Someone on Pence's Staff
    • Maggie Haberman
    • Vladimir Putin
    • John Kelly
    • The Ghost of John McCain
    • Daughter-Wife and Husband

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Pretty strong evidence for Pence. Seriously, who else uses that word?

Larry Kudlow has used it as well.

Besides, we have to assume that the writer is intelligent enough throw in deliberate red herrings like the word "lodestar" to make identification through textual analysis more difficult.

The two other scenarios I've heard are one: this is an attempt to stamp down on this type of dissent/"disloyalty" within the white house.

The other possibility is that the person is Jeff Flake-ian in their level of stupidity, trying to bolster the never trumpers morale or something. But like Jeff flake, this person is a moron and didn't know what they were doing and the real ramifications of their actions here. If the author is anyone other than pence (or related pence people) or kudlow, this is less likely due to the wording choices.

11 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

And as much as I hate to admit it, if this is a genuine, coordinated effort, then I have to agree with David Frum (I hope I NEVER have to type those words again!) that this is amounts to a  "Coward's Coup"

Another Atlantic writer takes the same position as Frum.

Yeah this is where my head is at also. As amusing as it is to see Trump flail...

If there’s no legal friction in place to prevent Trump or any president from glassing another country... there should be. If we’re dependent upon the right person being in the right place at the right time to talk a POTUS off a ledge, or to literally swipe memos... we’re gonna get turbofucked at some point. 

I doubt meaningful reform will be put in place post Trump, but it should be. 

46 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I doubt meaningful reform will be put in place post Trump, but it should be. 

The "reform" is already effectively "built" into the system: Congress.

It is the fault of Congress that it has allowed so much authority to be ceded to the Executive over the last several decades in times when there was no "national emergency" to justify it.

I voted for Nikki Haley, but I don't believe she wrote it. 

Personally, my money is on a top-ish staffer in the UN, State Department, or Foreign Policy world at large. I'm also including the international/economic portion of the Executive in this as well - Someone possibly in Treasury or on the National Economic Council. 

In short, when we find out their name, we're going to say "who the hell is that?"

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

I voted for Nikki Haley, but I don't believe she wrote it. 

Personally, my money is on a top-ish staffer in the UN, State Department, or Foreign Policy world at large. I'm also including the international/economic portion of the Executive in this as well - Someone possibly in Treasury or on the National Economic Council. 

In short, when we find out their name, we're going to say "who the hell is that?"

12 hours ago, ThreePi said:

Kudlow would be a downer. Most people probably have no fucking clue who the guy is. 

33 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The "reform" is already effectively "built" into the system: Congress.

It is the fault of Congress that it has allowed so much authority to be ceded to the Executive over the last several decades in times when there was no "national emergency" to justify it.

True. 

12 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'd imagine that the atmosphere at the White House right about now could best be described as "Shakespearian".

4 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

maybe if we are all lucky they will all suicide pact and take each other out with some poisoned kool aid or something

I'm hoping for a Hamlet kind of ending

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

How can it be a deep state against Trump when this internal "resistance" is all from Trump selected people? Makes no sense. Trump created his own deep state to work against him?

I thought the deep state was Obama-related?

I can see Lewandowski is, as he always is, sucking Trump's dick. Sad. It's amazing how pathetically amoral and opportunistic people remain even when the writing is on the wall about Trump's presidency. Some people really don't care about being on the very wrong side of history. 

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

How can it be a deep state against Trump when this internal "resistance" is all from Trump selected people? Makes no sense. Trump created his own deep state to work against him?

I thought the deep state was Obama-related?

I can see Lewandowski is, as he always is, sucking Trump's dick. Sad. It's amazing how pathetically amoral and opportunistic people remain even when the writing is on the wall about Trump's presidency. Some people really don't care about being on the very wrong side of history. 

Deep state is anyone who opposes Trump behind the scenes.