I'm watching Justice League Unlimited and I'm very confused.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just got through season 3 episode 4. Why the fuck are they suddenly up on the (third???) Watchtower again with zero explanation? At the start of the season they were sticking with operating on Earth after having decommissioned the Watchtower at the end of season 2.

@skillzdadirecta @Greatoneshere @Kal-El814

I'd be happy to help if I can, but I'm a bit confused. The Bruce Timm-Paul Dini DC animated universe, of which the Justice League animated show is a part, is just two seasons (Justice League is made up of 2, 26-episode seasons). It becomes Justice League Unlimited after that, though it is a direct sequel I guess you could call season 3, season 4, and season 5 (Unlimited is made up of 3, 13-episode seasons).

In episode 1 of season 3 of Justice League, or episode 1 of season 1 of Justice League Unlimited, has a newly rebuilt watchtower in it that was made between seasons 2 and 3. It doesn't take until episode 4 of season 3 based on what I recall and looking it up now. Green Arrow, in episode 1 of season 3, gets teleported to the newly rebuilt Watchtower in that episode - so I want to make sure if we're on the same page?

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd be happy to help if I can, but I'm a bit confused. The Bruce Timm-Paul Dini DC animated universe, of which the Justice League animated show is a part, is just two seasons (Justice League is made up of 2, 26-episode seasons). It becomes Justice League Unlimited after that, though it is a direct sequel I guess you could call season 3, season 4, and season 5 (Unlimited is made up of 3, 13-episode seasons).

In episode 1 of season 3 of Justice League, or episode 1 of season 1 of Justice League Unlimited, has a newly rebuilt watchtower in it that was made between seasons 2 and 3. It doesn't take until episode 4 of season 3 based on what I recall and looking it up now. Green Arrow, in episode 1 of season 3, gets teleported to the newly rebuilt Watchtower in that episode - so I want to make sure if we're on the same page?

Season 5 of JL+JLU/season 3 of just JLU. This is the episode I'm talking about: https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/To_Another_Shore

I'm confused because that article doesn't have anything about this being a continuity oddity or inconsistency or whatever, and nothing in the first three episodes of this season suggested they were doing Watchtower 3.0 in addition to Metro Tower.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Season 5 of JL+JLU/season 3 of just JLU. This is the episode I'm talking about: https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/To_Another_Shore

I'm confused because that article doesn't have anything about this being a continuity oddity or inconsistency or whatever, and nothing in the first three episodes of this season suggested they were doing Watchtower 3.0 in addition to Metro Tower.

Ah my bad, I understand you better now. I'd have to do more digging, I honestly don't remember off the top of my head. :p 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I just got through season 3 episode 4. Why the fuck are they suddenly up on the (third???) Watchtower again with zero explanation? At the start of the season they were sticking with operating on Earth after having decommissioned the Watchtower at the end of season 2.

@skillzdadirecta @Greatoneshere @Kal-El814

The Watchtower was originally slated to be decommissioned (therefore the disbandment of the Justice League altogether as well) after the Cadmus incidents, but instead was used in tandem with the League's new ground-based headquarters, the Metro Tower.

After J'onn decided to leave the tower to spend more time on Earth and become more acquainted with people and their customs, Mr. Terrific took over the position.

latest?cb=20150614154517
DCAU.FANDOM.COM

The second Watchtower was an orbital command center for the Justice League. It was built to replace the original Watchtower that Batman sacrificed to save the Earth during the Thanagarian invasion. Several other, smaller annexes were in orbit close by. Two years after the Thanagarian invasion...

So it was still the second watchtower.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

And the first episodes of the next season start with them running everything out of Metro Tower. 

Superman says ok but there will have to be some changes which is the embassy on earth the Metro Tower. 

The Metro Tower was originally intended to replace the second Watchtower as the League's new headquarters, thus bringing the League literally, as well as figuratively, "down to Earth". The Watchtower continued to be used in conjunction with the Metro Tower for at least the next fifty years, though by that time a newer and much larger tower stood in its place.

latest?cb=20180708124824
DCAU.FANDOM.COM

The Metro Tower was a building, located in Metropolis, adopted by the Justice League following the Cadmus incidents. The Metro Tower was originally intended to replace the...

10 hours ago, Jason said:

No, at the end of season 2 (or season 4 by Greatone's funky season numbering :p) Superman specifically says they're decommissioning it.

Hey, I was only thrown off because you said season 3, episode 4 of Justice League, when there isn't one! If you had said season 3 of Justice League Unlimited, no problem then (I see you updated the OP thread title). :p 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bro, it was that thread title from the start, if I updated it it would say so in the thread. :p

Well then I have simply failed at reading, I totally missed the Unlimited part, my bad. Hence why I went into that whole explanation in my first post in the first place, whoops. :lol: