Andrew Yang, Christine Todd Whitman, and dozens of former Republican/Democratic officials to announce formation of new "centrist" political party tomorrow called "Forward"

Just now, mclumber1 said:

The beatings will continue until morale improves you vote for my party.

Fuck that shit. 

The mere claim or veneer of centrism is not inherently good, nor would actual centrism be. The United States doesn’t have a real left wing party to begin with, the notion that what domestic politics is missing is a hedge between a barely progressive Democratic Party and an increasingly intellectually bankrupt, Christofascist Republican Party is utter nonsense. 

I get it, there are surely voters who hate paying taxes but also don’t want to associate with a voting bloc that gets off on saying the n word when nobody’s listening, but that’s not a compelling third party. 

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 4

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Fuck that shit. 

The mere claim or veneer of centrism is not inherently good, nor would actual centrism be. The United States doesn’t have a real left wing party to begin with, the notion that what domestic politics is missing is a hedge between a barely progressive Democratic Party and an increasingly intellectually bankrupt, Christofascist Republican Party is utter nonsense. 

I get it, there are surely voters who hate paying taxes but also don’t want to associate with a voting bloc that gets off on saying the n word when nobody’s listening, but that’s not a compelling third party. 

But if it bleeds off Republican voters... 

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Fuck that shit. 

Imagine looking at Biden versus the rest of the entire planet and thinking "whoa, the left is too far gone, we need to moderate here".

• Halal 4

1 minute ago, Jason said:

But if it bleeds off Republican voters... 

Republicans are more loyal to their party because they're actually a party. Democrats are a loose coalition of everyone else already. The only way to bleed of Republican voters is for Trump to run third party and that's unlikely to happen. Trump would never understand how to get on the ballot.

having good intentioned policy mixed with bad intentioned policy being some kind of ideal scenario is wild to me. If you get two scoops of ice cream it doesn’t make it better if one scoop is mint chocolate and the other scoop is literally human shit. Two scoops of mint chocolate is much better.

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

having good intentioned policy mixed with bad intentioned policy being some kind of ideal scenario is wild to me. If you get two scoops of ice cream it doesn’t make it better if one scoop is mint chocolate and the other scoop is literally human shit. Two scoops of mint chocolate is much better.

mint chocolate isn't that much better than human shit

• Guillotine 3
  • True 2