Let’s. Fucking. Go!

17 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Kind off topic but I got to ride in the new Hummer EV this weekend. That thing is a fucking rocket ship off the line. The interior is laughably bad though. Its material feels like 80's GM/Ford cheap plastic. 

Exactly what we need, 9000 lbs crush machines with gigantic blind zones capable of hitting 60 mph right off the line. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We are absolutely not going to post any of these garbage "Dark Brandon" memes on this board going forward considering that the origin of the original meme is a right-wing hellhole.

And shame on any Democratic official who does for even giving it a veneer of "legitimacy".

Aw come on man. Ironically co-opting right wing memes is hilarious.

• True 4

1 minute ago, Uaarkson said:

Aw come on man. Ironically co-opting right wing memes is hilarious.

Agreed, it's a lot harder to use #DARKMAGA or "Let's Go Brandon" when it's being taken by something way better, especially considering the irony of using it on Joe Biden.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Especially since we’re co-opting the stupid “Let’s Go Brandon” catchphrase at the same time. Any time we can kill fun for right wingers should be considered a win.

And Ben Shapiro just accidentally understood Dark Brandon without really getting it in spectacular fashion. 

28 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

People are way too cozy co-opting fashy memes. It sucks.

I actually thought a lot about it this weekend when I saw the memes posted here and felt incredibly uneasy about it knowing full well where they originated from.

I just cannot condone the co-opting/posting of memes that were originally used by some of the most reprehensible people in the political system, not on a message board that I operate.

I generally can't stand memes as a whole, but can tolerate them because they're part and parcel of internet culture  However, I have to draw a line somewhere and anything related to the DarkMAGA shit is where I choose to draw this one.

• Halal 2

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

People are way too cozy co-opting fashy memes. It sucks.

Look at the people who do it. They largely aren’t the ones who are the targets of the chuds who make this garbage. Easy to just see it as funny to “take it back” from such cesspools 

1 minute ago, Subzwari1987 said:

So why is the House waiting until Friday to vote on this? Is it a scheduling thing or does it have to go under review first?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no equivalent review in the House to that of the Senate parliamentarian, so it's more than likely a scheduling situation.

8 minutes ago, Subzwari1987 said:

So why is the House waiting until Friday to vote on this? Is it a scheduling thing or does it have to go under review first?

House is on recess but they'll be back Friday.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Look at the people who do it. They largely aren’t the ones who are the targets of the chuds who make this garbage. Easy to just see it as funny to “take it back” from such cesspools 

I just find it funny that Joe Biden is some dark lord sorcerer, with the videos taking lines from Terminator 1, same as I found it funny that he was Diamond Joe. But I get it -- life as a minority is just different, and so is the perspective on the memes. 

Slight pushback: I pass for Hispanic; most people think I'm Mexican. I regularly get racist shit tossed at me, both online and in my face at the grocery store, told to go to the other side of the [non-existent] wall, and sometimes said to me in front of my partner. I consider myself "lucky" I'm not actually Hispanic because it's easy to get away from that when you're literally not Hispanic. But even when I've said I'm Italian, I've been told I should be "ashamed" of myself for not supporting Trump. So... yeah.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Especially since we’re co-opting the stupid “Let’s Go Brandon” catchphrase at the same time. Any time we can kill fun for right wingers should be considered a win.

I have been doing my part to take back red pilled. Use it as much as possible. 

Edit: I have been saved on the EV credit. My lincoln lives. It was just the battery was worried about it being the EV battery. 

I'm not gonna front I'm slightly disappointed and was hoping to get like a EV or Hybrid crossover so I can put some spinners on it. (Listening to wayyyy too much rap)

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yes if they contain a certain size battery and meet the rest of the requirements

That’s pretty cool. I really like what they are doing currently with hybrid trucks and this will hopefully increase adoption. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Slight pushback: I pass for Hispanic; most people think I'm Mexican. I regularly get racist shit tossed at me, both online and in my face at the grocery store, told to go to the other side of the [non-existent] wall, and sometimes said to me in front of my partner. I consider myself "lucky" I'm not actually Hispanic because it's easy to get away from that when you're literally not Hispanic. But even when I've said I'm Italian, I've been told I should be "ashamed" of myself for not supporting Trump. So... yeah.

We're doomed.

1YCgpbV.jpg

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

“Are Italian subs healthy”

Are three cured meats covered in cheese than slathered with oil, emulsified oil, some vegetables purely for texture then wrapped in two pounds of white bread healthy?

Happy You Good GIF

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

45 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Fuck EVs. Nationalize public transit and dump $3 trillion into it over the next 5 years. Assholes. So sick of hearing about this credit as if it makes one lick of difference either way!

$3 trillion wouldn't even come close to reorganizing America around public transit.  I can't even imagine how it would work in many of the sprawling cities in the mid-west and west.  

• True 2

So, I'm not an enormous Biden fan at all (I don't dislike him, certainly better than a lot of other options), but like, why are his poll numbers so bad? I get he's not a "TV president" but passing the $1.9 trillion Covid Relief bill, the $1 trillion infrastructure bill, and now soon the $750 billion Inflation Reduction Act is pretty impressive isn't it given how ineffective the federal government usually is? I get that's a far cry from the original $3.5 billion Build Back Better plan that Biden campaigned on but signing three enormous bills in less than 2 years while also (poorly) ending the war in Afghanistan (still a good thing!) and handling Russia invading Ukraine pretty well tell me he's actually getting some shit done, right? Am I missing something here? While of course I want more changes, bigger changes, and faster, I mean, at least major bills are getting passed and stuff right? Seems strange, I expected a lot less out of Biden. 

• Halal 1