Let’s. Fucking. Go!

I'm not worried about Manchin. He was on all Sunday shows pushing this bill and sending messages to Sinema to support it:

congress-budget-manchin-80794.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

All eyes have now turned to the Arizona Democrat to see if she will support the legislation agreed to last week.

And Manchin had plenty of work to do during his quintet of appearances, with hosts pressing him whether the bill really fights inflation and how imposing a new minimum tax on large corporations might affect the economy. Faced with those questions, Manchin said simply on "Fox News Sunday": "We did not raise taxes. We closed loopholes."

He also made sure to credit Sinema with cajoling Democrats into that tax-skeptic position after many in her party weighed surtaxes on high earners and pushed for rate increases. Though Sinema's stayed quiet since Manchin and Schumer announced the deal on Wednesday, Manchin said that he "would like to think she'd be favorable to it."

"Kyrsten Sinema is a friend of mine, and we work very close together. She has a tremendous, tremendous input in this legislation," Manchin said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "She basically insisted [on] no tax increases, [we've] done that. And she was very, very adamant about that, I agree with her. She was also very instrumental" on prescription drug reform.

Manchin said he didn't brief Sinema or anyone else in the Democratic Caucus on his negotiations because of the very real possibility they would fall apart. He said on CNN that when Sinema "looks at the bill and sees the whole spectrum of what we're doing and all of the energy we're bringing in, all of the reduction of prices and fighting inflation by bringing prices down, by having more energy, hopefully, she will be positive about it."

• Thanks 1

220801215336-customer-transaction-file-r
WWW.CNN.COM

Congressional Democrats' climate and health care package is getting a boost from a group of top economists, who wrote in a new letter that the so-called Inflation Reduction Act will lower prices for American consumers amid high inflation.

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So when do they vote on this?

This week. Expect Republicans to propose a billion amendments to make Democrats take seemingly hard votes and for Schumer/Manchin to propose an amendment to eliminate all the GOP ones that get in so the bill remains what the Democrats want.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Manchin putting in the work:

Can't believe I'm thanking Joe Manchin of all people that actually calling a lie a lie. I hate that most Democrats in that position would hedge their language and say something like "that's a misrepresentation" or even just soften it by calling it "untrue". Not enough people call lies for what they are.

• Halal 3

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

This week. Expect Republicans to propose a billion amendments to make Democrats take seemingly hard votes and for Schumer/Manchin to propose an amendment to eliminate all the GOP ones that get in so the bill remains what the Democrats want.

Do they have a set time, though?

illustration_sinemakyrsten_080122mm-gn-i
THEHILL.COM

Senate Democrats are growing more anxious over maverick Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (D-Ariz.) five-day silence on a sweeping proposal to reform the tax code, tackle climate change and reduce the fed…

On 7/27/2022 at 2:29 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I get the sense that this wouldn't be so public if Sinema was in doubt.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As I stated earlier, I really do get the feeling that Sinema was "in the room" (at least metaphorically) when this was negotiated between Schumer and Manchin. 

Manchin acknowledged to reporters Monday that Sinema was left out of last week’s quiet negotiations with Schumer, even though she had played a key role in talks with the White House last year.     

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The IRA is coming Saturday

Please be early in the day. :pray:

EDIT: Probably should clarify that I know about the amendment votes, but starting early means hopefully they'll be done with that 20-hour "vote a rama" by Sunday and we can DO THIS