Let’s. Fucking. Go!

17 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Not sure what brand or model EV I would get.  I currently have a 2012 Ford Focus, so I don't need anything real fancy or powerful.

Get the Chevy Bolt. I'm waiting for the Blazer myself.

2024-blazer-ev-ss-social.jpg
WWW.CHEVROLET.COM

Discover the First-Ever Chevrolet Blazer EV Electric SUV, a complete package built from the ground up around the advanced Ultium battery platform.

You can see if they will allow you to extend your lease another 6-12 months. This way you can buy the EV in 2023 with the new credits.  

If you want to buy now then probably the Chevy bolt will be your best option. Chevy is giving out decent financing (2.5/60mths). Kona and Niro will be hard to find. Niro is getting a refresh in 2023. 

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

Dealerships need to die in this country.

It's amazing how car dealerships are pretty much universally hated yet Americans go absolutely fucking ballistic if you propose policies that mean they'd never have to deal with a car dealership ever again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Not sure what brand or model EV I would get.  I currently have a 2012 Ford Focus, so I don't need anything real fancy or powerful.

I wish Stellantis would sell the new electric 500 in the US. :sadsun:

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's amazing how car dealerships are pretty much universally hated yet Americans go absolutely fucking ballistic if you propose policies that mean they'd never have to deal with a car dealership ever again.

Because for some damn reason we have it in our collective heads that if you can't go to the dealership you can't get vehicle. Dealerships are one of the last bastions of brick and mortar being conceived as better for the customer. Even though it is also widely considered a cesspool of scam artists that nickel and dime customers with bullshit upcharges that you have to fight tooth and nail to avoid paying. So in the end it is not better for the customer, we as a society have just duped ourselves into thinking it is. 

46 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

You can see if they will allow you to extend your lease another 6-12 months. This way you can buy the EV in 2023 with the new credits.  

If you want to buy now then probably the Chevy bolt will be your best option. Chevy is giving out decent financing (2.5/60mths). Kona and Niro will be hard to find. Niro is getting a refresh in 2023. 

I was going to to look into the Bolt or maybe the new Equinox as I don't need anything super crazy. I really need to accept that 95% of my driving is done within 10 miles of my house and I don't need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds or ride in luxury. What's going on with the credits, would it be better to just wait until next year?

55 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Because for some damn reason we have it in our collective heads that if you can't go to the dealership you can't get vehicle. Dealerships are one of the last bastions of brick and mortar being conceived as better for the customer. Even though it is also widely considered a cesspool of scam artists that nickel and dime customers with bullshit upcharges that you have to fight tooth and nail to avoid paying. So in the end it is not better for the customer, we as a society have just duped ourselves into thinking it is. 

I was talking about ending car dependency doe.

24 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I was going to to look into the Bolt or maybe the new Equinox as I don't need anything super crazy. I really need to accept that 95% of my driving is done within 10 miles of my house and I don't need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds or ride in luxury. What's going on with the credits, would it be better to just wait until next year?

From what I understand, the tax credits going into effect if you buy a vehicle in 2023 or later.

Which sucks for me, because my current car needs new tires, but I don't want to pay for new ones if I'm just going to get a new car a few months later.

7 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

From what I understand, the tax credits going into effect if you buy a vehicle in 2023 or later.

Which sucks for me, because my current car needs new tires, but I don't want to pay for new ones if I'm just going to get a new car a few months later.

Get some used tires if you don't want to pay for new tires.

• Halal 1

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Let's see if GM sticks with the Bolt price drop they announced, since I think that was decided to make up for the lack of EV credit eligibility. Will be really interesting if they stick to dropping it to $26k and then you can get the $7500 on top of that. 

Can't wait for my lease to be up in 2 years lol.  By then I can fit all three in a sedan again, or perhaps other affordable options will exist too.

220715091805-02-manchin-file-super-tease
WWW.CNN.COM

It was the middle of the night in Saudi Arabia when word emerged from Washington that President Joe Biden's long-stalled domestic agenda was dead.

So... Larry Summers did a good thing here.

Meanwhile, former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers — who issued early warnings about inflation last year, often to the irritation of the Biden administration — also privately reached out to Manchin to argue the deal would not add to inflation but would instead be deflationary.

Summers declined to comment on his private conversations during an interview on CNN, though offered reassurance to counter worries that the bill could add to inflation.

“This bill is fighting inflation and it’s got a whole set of collateral benefits as well,” he said on “New Day.”

Other Senators were working Manchin, including Hickenlooper, Coons, Schatz, and Smith:

Summers wasn’t alone in working Manchin behind the scenes.

Democratic Sen. John Hickenlooper of Colorado told reporters he and his staff were getting analysis of the tax and climate deal from economists at the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.

“We knew that (Manchin) trusted Wharton, that he’d used that for modeling before,” Hickenlooper told reporters. “So, we asked them to model this. We did that and got back modeling that said this is not inflationary in any way, and we sent that to Joe.”

Hickenlooper said he was trying to add to a drumbeat of voices trying to convince Manchin the deal would bring down inflation. Other senators – including Smith, Sens. Brian Schatz of Hawaii and Chris Coons of Delaware — were making similar arguments, Hickenlooper added.

And Schumer wants this passed by the end of next week. Really wish Sinema and Menendez would come out in full favor:

Despite their celebrations Thursday, Democrats face what is likely still an uphill climb in securing enough support for the package, even among members of their own party.

Speaking behind closed doors Thursday, Schumer told Democrats they were on the precipice of passing items they’d been talking about for years.

“It will require us to stick together and work long days and nights for the next 10 days,” he said. “We will need to be disciplined in our messaging and focus. It will be hard.”

15 hours ago, Littleronin said:

I think there are a lot of people out there convinced that they were able to work a better deal for their car than anyone else thanks to their superior negotiation skills with car salesmen.

On 7/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As I stated earlier, I really do get the feeling that Sinema was "in the room" (at least metaphorically) when this was negotiated between Schumer and Manchin. 

Our Quirky Girl Boss Qween is keeping her options open.