Let’s. Fucking. Go!

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

The sad thing is...He's not wrong.  If Trump had just handled COVID right and taken it seriously when it first started, he would have won.  But of course the brainworms in his head wouldn't let him listen to the smart people in the room.

Don't forget he single-handedly lost the two Georgia Senate seats for the Republican with his bullshit.

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

Maybe the insulin cap thing won't be a big deal if everyone starts buying cheap Californy insulin.

Without having any idea what California is going to make, hard to say people are going to be quick to switch away from the newer insulins that are crazy expensive in the US. There are plenty of cheap insulin options today, they are just old tech and require much more strict eating habits.

The US has this thing that we hate adopting newer technologies. Hence the low adoption rate of induction stovetops, heatpumps and other technologies that people in this county have deemed new and unproven but have been around for some time now. 

Induction also has the thing that people look at it and think it is the old coil burn tops under glass, along with thinking they need to replace all their existing cookware to use it.  

• True 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

As I understand it, gas ovens/ranges are quite common in the US? In Canada, electric stoves and stovetops are by far the standard.

Depends a little on where you are, but in a lot of the US, yeah. We just replaced our old gas one with a different gas one a few years ago, and kinda regret it, because basically right afterward was when all the new studies started coming out that it's way worse for your health than you think.

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Do you have some kinda shit take generator or... :p

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Ehs5nZkUcAI-ksF.jpg

Trump was such a shitty sore loser in Georgia he sank the 2 gop Senate candidates.  Shitty take?  More like best take.  If Trump still had a Twitter account I'd recommend you @ him and thank him for this glorious gift.

Or better yet why should a credit benefit Tesla--whose CEO is a crazy man and whose build quality is questionable--more than an established auto maker? I've kind of been waiting to go EV until the other manufacturers start pumping them out because I'd rather buy a car from somebody whose been making cars for years and years.

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Or better yet why should a credit benefit Tesla--whose CEO is a crazy man and whose build quality is questionable--more than an established auto maker? I've kind of been waiting to go EV until the other manufacturers start pumping them out because I'd rather buy a car from somebody whose been making cars for years and years.

Teslas are comically bad cars, all I can ever think of when I see one on the road is how those rubes got fleeced

• True 2
  • Halal 1

I don't really trust that guy's take if his starting point is "Tesla's success is starting to scare legacy auto." I think Tesla's head start was probably scary a few years ago, but now F-150 Lightnings are getting rolled out and delivered to customers while Cybertruck is still complete vaporware, and meanwhile Elon is spending most of his time arguing about Twitter bots with the company currently suing him.

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

If it destroys Tesla then I have more of a reason to love this.

Doesn’t this help Tesla the most?  Not many car manufacturers have a US based assembly for car and battery. For sure this also helps GM and Ford.  I get why they want to move more manufacturing here. It’s a bummer though because the Korean EV scene is by far the most interesting player in the space currently. Still gonna get the Ioniq 6 regardless. 

And having PHEVs qualify as well is fine. The infrastructure isn’t ready for full EV adoption. 

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Kind off topic but I got to ride in the new Hummer EV this weekend. That thing is a fucking rocket ship off the line. The interior is laughably bad though. Its material feels like 80's GM/Ford cheap plastic. 

I rode in one of those early 00s Hummers once and the interior was laughably bad. I can't understand how something so ginormous could be so cramped on the inside.