CoD: Black Ops IIII | Official Thread of Yes, "IIII" Is An Actual Roman Numeral

Commissar SFLUFAN

I am fucking mystified at what people see in this. I was watching Angry Joe fuck around with it and it looked like just as much of a boring piece of shit as all the other battle royal games out there. 

And I'm sorry, but I'm going to fall on the negative side with the map. What a lazy ass fucking effort patching together a brown turd with worse looking versions of maps they already made. I've got no mercy for this fucking company throwing the campaign in the garbage, using this mode as some sort of half assed excuse which is a joke, especially when these fucks want ALL the money. 

3 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

I am fucking mystified at what people see in this. I was watching Angry Joe fuck around with it and it looked like just as much of a boring piece of shit as all the other battle royal games out there. 

And I'm sorry, but I'm going to fall on the negative side with the map. What a lazy ass fucking effort patching together a brown turd with worse looking versions of maps they already made. I've got no mercy for this fucking company throwing the campaign in the garbage, using this mode as some sort of half assed excuse which is a joke, especially when these fucks want ALL the money. 

So are you getting it?   :lol:

Seriously though, a lot of gamers seem to be enjoying it. It’s okay if you’re not one of them. 

Just put in a few rounds on the pc.  I'll start by saying i really like PUBG in the 3rd person view.  I've tried Fortnite so many times and always come away hating it.  I don't know how people are so obsessed with it.  In general I don't think I ever really liked the whole concept of these battle royale games where you put in 5-20min and spend the majority just collecting shit and occasionally having a gun fight.  I come away never feeling like I accomplished anything.  On to Blackout............ really not a fan.  The gunplay is very Call of Duty which is great.  I do like that you can stand a chance in a gun fight with all of the generous healing items.  Many times I would get hit and was able to get to cover and heal and keep playing. 

Thats about where the good ends for me.  The way they strung the maps together really wasn't as cool as I had hoped.  Nuketown is just a bunch of shacks/deserted houses which is unrecognizable to me. The last time I saw Nuketown was the first time it was introduced into the series, and then later on with the future version.  This was neither of those.  I was also just bored running around in the game.  In one game I came in 3rd which was good enough for me.  After that I would just jump out with big groups and land with a bunch of people.  I found that a lot more fun even if it meant dieing right away. 

This definitely won't pull me back into the COD series.  Especially since I own PUBG and Fortnite is free to play.  Blops 4 won't have a singleplayer campaign.  I never liked the Zombies mode.  So there is no way I'm going to buy Blops4 just for the muliplayer mode.

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Does Black Ops only work in first person?

Yes and that's a huge deal breaker for me. I didn't check the PC settings to see if you could widen the field of view, but I had that typical Call of Duty bullshit death where I ran out of a building and immediately got killed by someone just outside of my fov. 

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

Yes and that's a huge deal breaker for me. I didn't check the PC settings to see if you could widen the field of view, but I had that typical Call of Duty bullshit death where I ran out of a building and immediately got killed by someone just outside of my fov. 

You can change the FOV on PC up to, I believe, 120 degrees.

It's probably too early for this to have already been addressed, but have the developers mentioned anything about adding any additional BR maps as part of a roadmap/future plans? (And instead of a big new map, I wonder if it would be technically possible for them to insert other MP maps into the existing world? More of a modular approach, allowing the map to evolve over time).

1 hour ago, SpoonSpatula said:

It's probably too early for this to have already been addressed, but have the developers mentioned anything about adding any additional BR maps as part of a roadmap/future plans? (And instead of a big new map, I wonder if it would be technically possible for them to insert other MP maps into the existing world? More of a modular approach, allowing the map to evolve over time).

No mention of that has been made yet.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:08 PM, SFLUFAN said:

No mention of that has been made yet.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills now.

I thought the blackout map was modular and that the locations shifted around the map (area's stayed the same, just shifted around). I swear I remember dropping into the estates on the right side of the map one round and Nuketown down near the bottom. I must have just not gotten the hang of it in the short amount of games I played.

6 hours ago, Nokt said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills now.

I thought the blackout map was modular and that the locations shifted around the map (area's stayed the same, just shifted around). I swear I remember dropping into the estates on the right side of the map one round and Nuketown down near the bottom. I must have just not gotten the hang of it in the short amount of games I played.

I don’t remember that. The map stayed the same during the beta that I played. 

7 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

COD games have always been rather large. Black Ops 3 is probably near that with the updates. They always seemed too big for what they are. 

BO3 is now around 80gb last I checked. BO4 is 100gb without updates. Also RDR2 is rumored to be around 120gb.

Hopefully that 100gb means the game is really 50gb and just needs twice the amount on the harddrive to install it. The game has no story so what would be taking up all that space?

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

Yes it has all the standard Multiplayer game modes and Zombies.

nice, I'm not getting it myself but since blackout is pulling all the hype right now I wonder if it's going to be all about blackout, or if blackout fails if people will go back to the regular modes.

IGN is changing its review structure for Black Ops IIII

This year, though, we’re going to break with tradition and try something new: because each of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s modes is effectively a different game with unique mechanics, maps, and objectives, we’re going to treat them as such. Competitive multiplayer, Zombies, and Blackout will each be reviewed and scored separately and concurrently by our team of three CoD players, led by CoD: WW2 reviewer Miranda Sanchez. When those are all completed, Miranda will sum it all up with an overall verdict. To be clear, that final score won’t be an average of the scores from the three modes (because scores are code, not math) but a reflection of Miranda’s overall opinion.

2 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

nice, I'm not getting it myself but since blackout is pulling all the hype right now I wonder if it's going to be all about blackout, or if blackout fails if people will go back to the regular modes.

Every mode right now seems active because it just launched world wide. Blackout/Battle Royale seems like its going to have staying power. But the old school COD players will always be playing the main modes.