CoD: Black Ops IIII | Official Thread of Yes, "IIII" Is An Actual Roman Numeral

Commissar SFLUFAN

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

So as a general rule of thumb I avoid the non-Treyarch CoD's and I had actually lost interest in the series completely because of Titanfall 2. However I think a battle royale mode is going to make this worthwhile until we get Titanfall 3 with  battle royale :drool:

This is a Treyarch CoD :p

21 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The idea that they'd just reuse maps to build a bigger map just seems really gross and lazy as fuck to me. Like they don't trust themselves to make high quality maps anymore.

I think it’s just pragmatic though. Those assets are expensive, and I do think the design doesn’t have to be as pristine when it’s a bigger playfield, if that makes any sense. 

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, lazy and cheap. I get it. They're a tiny indie company. They can't afford this sort of expenditure.

Lol well it’s not that they can’t afford it, obviously. But it still has to be very costly to design a map of that size from nothing. 

Personally I think it’s kinda cool it’ll have familiar terrain. Then again I don’t know if I’ll even recognize any of it because I haven’t seriously played the series since black ops 2. 

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah, lazy and cheap. I get it. They're a tiny indie company. They can't afford this sort of expenditure.

It's not unlike using an existing IP and all its trappings to get people hooked on a new game mode instead of creating a new IP built around those diverging ideas. 

Getting people hooked on something new is easier if you package it in the familiar. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Getting people hooked on something new is easier if you package it in the familiar. 

I might buy this more if they weren't just blatantly following a trend. Everyone knows what Battle Royale is.

At least fucking Radical Heights built a new map.

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I might buy this more if they weren't just blatantly following a trend. Everyone knows what Battle Royale is.

At least fucking Radical Heights built a new map.

They probably don’t wanna sink too much money into it. I don’t think Battle Royale will be a staple of COD in future games. I could be wrong but like you said they are just trying to ride the coat tails of a popular trend. 

21 hours ago, johnny said:

Do you die from 2 bullets in BR mode? If so, no thanks. 

From watching Twitch streams it looks like the TTK is a lot longer than the main multiplayer game. I have seem people put in full clips into other players and still not kill them. Could be that they had armor but it definitely looks like it takes longer to down someone. Honestly this looks like a better polished PUBG. I can definitely see players moving onto this if they were PUBG players. But for me this isn't my type of mode. I hate going long periods of time with out seeing anyone or any action. I get that people enjoy the thrill of staying alive but that's just not my type of game.