Nintendo Direct 9.13.2018 (3PM PT/ 6PM ET)

JosephManderley

I think I'm gonna get the Capcom beat 'em up collection. I have Final Fight on Sega CD, Knights of the Round on SNES and arcade PCB, Captain Commando on arcade PCB, King of Dragons on SNES(trying to obtain the PCB), and Warriors of Fate on Saturn(Japanese import).

But I don't have and have never played Battle Circuit or Armored Warriors. I'd like to play them, plus the others would be nice just to have on the go. At $20, that's a pretty sweet deal. 

55 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

WTF are all of you smoking? 

FF games, Animal Crossing, Luigi, etc

This was an amazing direct. 

Holy shit.

What? How are ports amazing? What are YOU smoking? This was a HUGE complaint about the WiiU. And if you continued to read the thread you can see where I missed Luigi's Mansion 3. When I posted that the only new things that I saw were TOWN and Animal Crossing. Yeah, FF games are not a big deal at all. I mean, if you only own Nintendo console then sure. 

AC and LM3 are big deals I guess, but I also don't like them. As I said:

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Only TOWN and daemon x machina tickle my fancy. I really liked the old Yoshi games that were on the SNES and N64, but I am turned off by how it seems now. 

Fuck Animal Crossing. Give me a new Rune Factory or Fantasy Life 2. And Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles would have been GREAT news if was an actual remake with new graphics.

@Bacon

saying “ports” were a big complaint about the Wii U is at best ignorant  and more likely for you intentionally misleading. 

Setting aside the fact that FF games are tailor made for portable systems and the ones announced are all great games, none of them have ever even been considered possibilities to be on a Nintendo console, period. This is huge. This is awesome. I love this so much. 

And yeah you mentioned the other games and essentially went on to say it’s still a shitty direct for you. 

This was maybe the best direct ever for me.  

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

saying “ports” were a big complaint about the Wii U is at best ignorant  and more likely for you intentionally misleading

What? I saw many people complaining how the Wii U was getting old ports that no one cared about. Like fucking Mass Effect 3 and Batman. No wanted that shit. The Wii U never even had an original Zelda. It was Wind Waker, then TP, and BOTW was shared with the switch and wii U. And I don't need fucking Wii U ports, I had a Wii U and already played them. I am not misleading, nor is it ignorant. It wasn't the biggest complaint, that's true. But I saw it mentioned often enough that I'd consider it big. Like, are you just trying to bust my balls cuz "ports" aren't the issue, but that we got ports instead of new games? Unless you care to elaborate then jog on. I really don't get why you would say this. Honestly. 

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Setting aside the fact that FF games are tailor made for portable systems and the ones announced are all great games, none of them have ever even been considered possibilities to be on a Nintendo console, period. This is huge. This is awesome. I love this so much. 

K, I'll just play them on my PC or PS4. Cuz, I have no need to play the inferior version. Portability does not make a game the best version. And I already own a Vita. "Yeah, FF games are not a big deal at all. I mean, if you only own Nintendo console then sure."

26 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

And yeah you mentioned the other games and essentially went on to say it’s still a shitty direct for you. 

What games do you mean here? TOWN and daemon x machina? Cuz while they interest me I ain't excited for them. They just COULD be good. 

36 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

This was maybe the best direct ever for me.  

That's cool. It's cool that you are getting stuff that you really want.

19 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What? I saw many people complaining how the Wii U was getting old ports that no one cared about. Like fucking Mass Effect 3 and Batman. No wanted that shit. The Wii U never even had an original Zelda. It was Wind Waker, then TP, and BOTW was shared with the switch and wii U. And I don't need fucking Wii U ports, I had a Wii U and already played them. I am not misleading, nor is it ignorant. It wasn't the biggest complaint, that's true. But I saw it mentioned often enough that I'd consider it big. Like, are you just trying to bust my balls cuz "ports" aren't the issue, but that we got ports instead of new games? Unless you care to elaborate then jog on. I really don't get why you would say this. Honestly. 

You kinda accidentally figured out my point. People weren't mad they were porting old games to the Wii U. They were mad that that's the only thing that was coming out on the Wii U. If the Wii U also had an original library that could stand on its own and make the system worth owning outside the ports (like the Switch does), nobody would have complained about the ports. So, this is not a valid criticism to level against the Switch. 

And check my post history if you like. I am certainly not soft on Nintendo. 

K, I'll just play them on my PC or PS4. Cuz, I have no need to play the inferior version. Portability does not make a game the best version. And I already own a Vita. "Yeah, FF games are not a big deal at all. I mean, if you only own Nintendo console then sure."

OK, fine? We're not talking about DOOM here. We're talking about 20 year old JRPGs. I'm the first one to post about how it's cool they ported DOOM to the Switch, but I would never touch that version with a 10 foot pole. But these games are marginally better (and actually often worse depending on the port) on other consoles vs the original version of the game. So portability become a lot bigger of a draw. Absolutely. And, again, type of game matters. The "only on a Nintendo console" thing holds water with Skyrim or Wolfenstein, or what have you. But a JRPG is a great portable game just by its very nature. If you have a Vita, sure, I totally get this not being a draw for you whatsoever. But that's the only case where your argument holds up, not "only owning a Nintendo console." 

\What games do you mean here? TOWN and daemon x machina? Cuz while they interest me I ain't excited for them. They just COULD be good. 

I'm talking Animal Crossing, which you seem to actively hate. Which is totally your right. But it's one hell of a get for a lot of us. You're apathetic about Luigi's Mansion, and lukewarm on the two you just mentioned here. 

I totally get that for a Vita owning, Animal Crossing hating fella such as yourself that the direct might not have done much for you. But I vaguely read this thread prior to actually looking up what had been announced and the general vibe I was getting was, huh, must not have been very good. Then when I actually looked at the announcements I thought some of the reactions in this thread were absurd.