D1P Regulars/Lurkers: if you did NOT receive an account confirmation email - Please Read! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JosephManderley

Nintendo Nintendo Direct 9.13.2018 (3PM PT/ 6PM ET)

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m guessing it’ll detail some of their online service stuff maybe? 

I think so.  We need to know what the other 10 games that come with it are. 

11 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

I think so.  We need to know what the other 10 games that come with it are. 

I hope so. I would love to play some Nintendo classics on the damn thing. They are just starting with NES games though, correct? 

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I hope so. I would love to play some Nintendo classics on the damn thing. They are just starting with NES games though, correct? 

I think they said NES first, other systems to follow.  They said 20 games day 1, but have only named 10.  I would love it if the other 10 were SNES games...

27 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m guessing it’ll detail some of their online service stuff maybe? 

This is a 35 minute presentation. Online launches this month. 35 minutes for a Direct is a long time, so I have to imagine they'll use some of that time to go over their Online service.

I really wish they would just put out the information and stop making us sit through Japanese people talking to us via translators.

Nintendo wasn't quite ready to discuss the online yet. They caused the earthquake by knocking over the shelf of Virtual Boys in their underground Indiana Jones warehouse so they could move it to a later date.

1 hour ago, misfit410 said:

I really wish they would just put out the information and stop making us sit through Japanese people talking to us via translators.

Just wait for the news stories then. Nobody is forcing you to watch the direct. The write ups go up literally minutes after the direct. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Just wait for the news stories then. Nobody is forcing you to watch the direct. The write ups go up literally minutes after the direct. 

I actually mean I wish they would just present the stuff with english presenters, perhaps even ones who know what gamers actually want to know.

25 minutes ago, misfit410 said:

I actually mean I wish they would just present the stuff with english presenters, perhaps even ones who know what gamers actually want to know.

I hear ya.

There’s something stupid and charming about the way they do it that I like. 

23 hours ago, misfit410 said:

Nintendo is a Japan first company.  This will never change, and it kind of shouldn't, imo.  There's a charm to that, if that's the right word.  

Can’t wait to be very disappointed when they show off new 3ds games that really should be on switch instead.

16 hours ago, stepee said:

Can’t wait to be very disappointed when they show off new 3ds games that really should be on switch instead.

I was being sarcastic! I actually CAN wait for these kind of comments! Auuurrrggghhhh! :cry:

:p 

The Capcom beat 'em up compilation is kinda tempting, but I've got most of those on SNES and the arcade PCBs. It could be neat to have them on Switch, though, depending on the price.

I'm not seeing much that excites me, but I'm gonna be all over that Yoshi game. 

Aw man, all I wanted was FFVIII. Way to screw me, Squeenix! 

EDIT: I suck at roman numerals