Please always spoiler tag sensitive content twitter posts. Crashes the entire page for many iOS users otherwise.

stepee

Anyone having bad performance lately? The Abe assassination thread for example crashes hard on three different browsers I tried on my phone. It loaded but very slowly on all the twitter posts on my laptop. I’m not for SURE it’s twitter but by where it seems to be crashing it seems to be.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Anyone having bad performance lately? The Abe assassination thread for example crashes hard on three different browsers I tried on my phone. It loaded but very slowly on all the twitter posts on my laptop. I’m not for SURE it’s twitter but by where it seems to be crashing it seems to be.

IF that's the case, then there's nothing we can really do on our end.

Anytime someone has an issue with embedded twitter links it has always been on the user's end so far. 

And it was never an issue I have had. The only issue similar I have had was privacy badger fucking shit up and blocking the cookies needed to see them.

52 minutes ago, stepee said:

I looked into it and did a quick investigation and the issue is with at least ios and the sensitive information tag. If you post those it’ll crash ios now.

If you hide the Twitter posts in a spoiler tag will it help at all? I can't load page one of that thread at all. Page 2 works.

My browser doesn't crash, but tweets do not load correctly - I'll get the text of the tweet, but with no formatting, images, or anything else.  Attempting to left click on the imbedded tweet just causes the tweet to disappear, so if I want to click on it, I must right click on the hyperlink for the date (or attached image) of the tweet. 

Before:

Rdc1o0x.png?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

After:

5sdQD9q.png?fb
IMGUR.COM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

11 hours ago, Bacon said:

this is what ios users deserve tbh

My wife practically begged me to try out iphone so for the first time i gave in. Kind of regretting it tbh. There are a few little things it does different than my Pixel 2 XL I came from. Things that just seem like a total step back in user functionality.

On 7/8/2022 at 1:15 PM, DarkStar189 said:

If you hide the Twitter posts in a spoiler tag will it help at all? I can't load page one of that thread at all. Page 2 works.

This does work. I posted a content sensitive post and broke this page for me (and apparently Keyser), then put it in a spoiler tag and it works until I open the spoiler.

Maybe we could kind of make it a rule that content sensitive posts are always put in spoilers so that ios users can’t have entire pages crash for them?

• Like 1

• stepee changed the title to Please always spoiler tag sensitive content twitter posts. Crashes the entire page for many iOS users otherwise.