Update: Japan's Ex-Prime Minister Shinzo Abe assassinated during a speech in Japan

44 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Pretty crazy thread about Abe, the Unification Church, and the militant-offshoot, the Sanctuary Church. Just a bunch of far-right conspiracy organizations all the way down.

This shit reads like a season of Inuyasha.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

Japan is way more fucked up than I realized. Cool!

They've been there a long time.

They are also anti-lgbt, racist, and xenophobic. They are politer than the west, but no better in that regard.

The difference in Japan is that while the young revere the elderly, the elderly also care a great deal about the future of their young.

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

They've been there a long time.

They are also anti-lgbt, racist, and xenophobic. They are politer than the west, but no better in that regard.

The difference in Japan is that while the young revere the elderly, the elderly also care a great deal about the future of their young.

'OK Boomer' is probably meant as an expression of reverential deference there.

And you're probably expected to bow after saying it.

6 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

'OK Boomer' is probably meant as an expression of reverential deference there.

And you're probably expected to bow after saying it.

Ok Boomer San. 

In Japan a Boomer is someone old enough to in have lived during the Hiroshima bombing.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, ThreePi said:

Pretty crazy thread about Abe, the Unification Church, and the militant-offshoot, the Sanctuary Church. Just a bunch of far-right conspiracy organizations all the way down.

I always find it fascinating that the Unification Church has the GOP firmly on their side, but nobody really talks about it. Even super religious Mike Pence has spoken at their churches.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I always find it fascinating that the Unification Church has the GOP firmly on their side, but nobody really talks about it. Even super religious Mike Pence has spoken at their churches.

Don’t they also own the Washington examiner or some other off brand Washington paper?

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Don’t they also own the Washington examiner or some other off brand Washington paper?

The Washington Times was fully founded by the Church's founder. This isn't even a case of him buying up some little paper. He just up and started an off brand, conservative news paper.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Unification Church the same thing as Moonies? 

Sun Myung Moon is the founder of the Unification Church, so yes.

I am once again reminding you all that I worked in a restaurant owned by the the massive seafood company run by the Unification Church and that 70% of the sushi sold in America is from that company. If you eat sushi in the US, there is a good chance you ate Moonie sushi.

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

I am once again reminding you all that I worked in a restaurant owned by the the massive seafood company run by the Unification Church and that 70% of the sushi sold in America is from that company. If you eat sushi in the US, there is a good chance you ate Moonie sushi.

I always forget this is a thing and then am reminded of this fact every few years, so thanks for the reminder.

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

Even the sushi at 7-11?

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Fox created a CG Harry Caray to sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the Field of Dreams game a couple of days ago. Are we sure these are not just crude generated images?

I mean, we do know that both of them have spoken at their churches in the past. I know Trump is godless, but I would love for someone to ask Pence questions about the Devine Principle.