Update: Japan's Ex-Prime Minister Shinzo Abe assassinated during a speech in Japan

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Near 100%

This assassination is being greeted with great rejoicing on Chinese social media platforms.

Not suprising for a dude that probably uses the HOI4 version of WW2 for reference. (HOI4 is WW2 the no war crimes edition)

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don’t know what is going on with this thread, but I can’t load page 1 at all. 

anyways, yeah that looks like a screenshot from a video game. 

This is what I posted about in the help section here, so it’s not just me!

11 hours ago, CayceG said:

Abe Shinzo's impact on Japanese politics has already been felt and will continue to be felt for decades. He's a militant nationalist right winger with ties to fascist societies.

It's still pretty wild that he was assassinated. It will be interesting to hear the assassin's motivations beyond "he was dissatisfied with Abe." 

His economic policies were pretty good, at least.  The Nikkei's at the highest level it's been since 1990, and the suicide rate dropped throughout his term.

They were center-left policies, but Japan's always been center-left in its policy regime.   

It'd still be nice to not have to turn to right-wing strongmen for well-executed left-ish economic management, though.