Netflix's Geralt of Rivia is...Henry Cavill; update - 2019 release confirmed

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

What none of you have considered is Henry Cavill is known for dating super young, barely 18 year old girls and he's super weird about it. 

He's the one now driving this production with his name on it, so who is to say he didn't suggest these casting choices heavily? It's the most logical and simplest explanation for why both girls look so young. 

I like Cavill, but I'm just saying . . . 

Maybe none of us knew that to begin with!

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Maybe none of us knew that to begin with!

Oh! Well then . . . 

"In 2016, Cavill's girlfriend, Tara King, was 13 years younger than him—and she couldn't even drink legally stateside! When asked about his barely legal love, he explained to Elle, "People say age is just a number. It's actually real and true sign of someone's maturity. But in this case, she's fantastic. When I met my girlfriend, I was super intimidated. I wanted to impress her." He was even nervous about the whole ordeal, saying "I was thinking, 'Don't mess this up, man.'"

That's one small factoid - you can find more of them if you search the internets. I don't think it's a big deal, and it's speculation on my part, but it's possible in terms of casting.

I like to think: "don't mess this up man" is code for: "make sure she's 18 man". :p 

• Guillotine 1

20 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm still not sure I think she looks like part but I do think there's something about the angle of the photo and/or or the makeup she's wearing that's making her look super young. Here's some additional pictures I found:

Anya-Chalotra-1.jpg

Anya-Chalotra-1.jpg

And here's another picture of her from Wanderlust (I'm assuming the picture @TheLeon posted is from Wanderlust?):

Anya-Chalotra-plays-Jennifer-in-Wanderlu

Is her character in Wanderlust maybe supposed to be in high school? I don't know anything about the

Has it been pointed out that those first 2 picture are not the actress in 3rd?

First 2 belong to Belcim Bilgin

6 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Has it been pointed out that those first 2 picture are not the actress in 3rd?

First 2 belong to Belcim Bilgin

I made another post where I showed that where I found the first picture had it captioned as her, but Googling agrees that it's actually Bilgin.

19 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I do think they really missed the mark on the casting of Yennifer. We shall see...

EDIT: And anyone who is a fan of Eva Green owes it to themselves to watch The Dreamers. :sun:

Oh I've seen it... It's where I first "discovered" her. She was also awesome in Camelot on Starz back in the day. Having a young actress for Ciri actually makes sense depending on where they start the story. She actually starts off on the books VERY young...  But Triss, Yennifer and all the other women need to be grown women for various reasons.

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does Google image search involve that or is it still just providing links that mention her for whatever reason? 

I'm actually not sure, but if they're not using face recognition for known entities I can't imagine it will be long before they are. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Isn't Yennefer supposed to be really old but using magic to make herself look young?

Yes, which is one of the reasons casting a younger actress makes sense. I doubt they’re going to dress her down to make her look 15 and have Cavill pounding her on a unicorn. She’ll look like an adult, but a young one. As long as they’re not portraying her as a child I have no problem with this. 

35 minutes ago, johnny said:

Yes, which is one of the reasons casting a younger actress makes sense. I doubt they’re going to dress her down to make her look 15 and have Cavill pounding her on a unicorn. She’ll look like an adult, but a young one. As long as they’re not portraying her as a child I have no problem with this. 

The problem isn't just the looks though, I'm with skillz on being dubious about someone this young being able to bring the gravitas/worldliness/experience/whatever you want to call it that a 100 year old would have.