Battlefield V Open Beta - Get in here!

CitizenVectron

3 hours ago, Brick said:

I thought the Behemoths were taken out because people didn't like them. 

That’s correct. And the elite classes are gone as well. Some of the biggest complaints about BF1 were that there was too many ways to die that were unavoidable or not able to be countered...bc MUH KD RATIO!!!. There is actually some validity there, but fuck it, that’s war. That added to the chaos and made BF1 intense and fun. 

So what DICE has done is removed all that shit, lessened the amount of vehicles and made planes less relevant. Level cap had a video discussing planes in BFV and basically said they are, at best, tacked-on at this point. With no spotting and people camping it makes them disconnected from the ground war going on. So there’s less of them and they aren’t engaging infantry anyway. Has anyone been killed by a plane yet? I haven’t. 

I have no issue with Dice needing to improve the game in many areas, but I also feel like many of the complaints are because of the maps. Imagine if we based BF3/4 entirely on Metro from the beta. Metro was a horrible infantry map and was not representative of BF3 as a whole. Also, BF1 kind of sucked at launch but got much better. I expect the same here. Not dismissing complaints at all, but just saying that we shouldn't make a complete judgement based on the demo since the game doesn't even launch until the end of November and many things like TTK and weapon balance will be tweaked.

One thing I do agree that should be changed is their insistence on vehicles not be objects in the world that you can jump into. I do hope we get more vehicle-focused maps like in BF2/3.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I have no issue with Dice needing to improve the game in many areas, but I also feel like many of the complaints are because of the maps. Imagine if we based BF3/4 entirely on Metro from the beta. Metro was a horrible infantry map and was not representative of BF3 as a whole. Also, BF1 kind of sucked at launch but got much better. I expect the same here. Not dismissing complaints at all, but just saying that we shouldn't make a complete judgement based on the demo since the game doesn't even launch until the end of November and many things like TTK and weapon balance will be tweaked..

This is my is my hope and why Im not cancelling my pre-order. Hopefully, just like with their reveal trailer, it was just a poor choice of map to pick for the beta. Not every map is going to be amazing... but Rotterdam as a whole kinda sucks. 

But neither map feels atmospheric, and I think for me that will really determine the longevity of the game. 

5 hours ago, atom631 said:

This is my is my hope and why Im not cancelling my pre-order. Hopefully, just like with their reveal trailer, it was just a poor choice of map to pick for the beta. Not every map is going to be amazing... but Rotterdam as a whole kinda sucks. 

But neither map feels atmospheric, and I think for me that will really determine the longevity of the game. 

I imagine they are going to do what they did for BF1 and release maps in chronological order. So we won't see big Soviet-German battles or the Normandy Landing until later on, perhaps? Really, the opening stages of the war (in Europe, which I assume they are focusing on mostly) was Germany steamrolling the nations around them.

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I imagine they are going to do what they did for BF1 and release maps in chronological order. So we won't see big Soviet-German battles or the Normandy Landing until later on, perhaps? Really, the opening stages of the war (in Europe, which I assume they are focusing on mostly) was Germany steamrolling the nations around them.

That's correct.

2 hours ago, TheBladeRoden said:

All these BF5 reviews make want to try out BF1 (if we don't count the time I tried playing it with a GTX 460)

BF1 was okay, but I only really played it during the 2-3 month launch period. Once DLC started coming out and the community became fractured I dropped it. It felt too much like your individual actions didn't matter since everyone respawned so quickly. It definitely had a great atmosphere, though.

So keyboard works on Xbox One version. I noticed a chat window, so tried typing but seems canned messages only, but my character started moving, changing weapons, can control the map, and even the buttons prompts change ([ESC] for menu). Sadly, mouse didn't work, but I don't like playing kb/m anyway lol.

15 hours ago, TheBladeRoden said:

All these BF5 reviews make want to try out BF1 (if we don't count the time I tried playing it with a GTX 460)

Definitely give BF1 a try. It’s come a long way since release. Also, the premium pass I believe is 100% free right now (if not now, goes on sale starting the 11th) So you’ll get all the DLC content too. Base game can probably be found for 5-10 bux. 

I actually like the way Rotterdam looks. It's bright and colorful which is a change of pace compared to the drabby foggy looking BF1 and blue orange haze of BF3 and BF4. To be honest BF1 is my least favorite BF game. The gun, vehicles and load out selection weren't as varied as previous BF games but that's because of the WWI setting which I understand. I'm sure now that we are back into WWII all of those areas will improve. I look forward to V. 

It's interesting to see people change the way they are playing. People are moving much more aggressively now, and working as squads. I think many people's poor first impressions should not sway them too much, as they were based on the opening hours of the beta. Even now people are playing different on Rotterdam and the gameplay has moved into much more aggressive, large fire fights.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's interesting to see people change the way they are playing. People are moving much more aggressively now, and working as squads. I think many people's poor first impressions should not sway them too much, as they were based on the opening hours of the beta. Even now people are playing different on Rotterdam and the gameplay has moved into much more aggressive, large fire fights.

My experience is the exact opposite. There’s far more snipers now than the opening days. Far more people finding their corner/windows to hide in. At this point, people seem to just be going for kills than PTFO. 

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's a bug that everyone who is playing medic is experiencing.

My team just lost a round 1-0 :(

One thing I think Dice deserves credit for is going back to the old attrition method for conquest maps. Most of my games are pretty close. Closest was 2-0, but I'd say it's usually between 20-0 and 50-0.

25 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Has anyone figured out what’s going on with the medic? Sometime it says resupplying and not healing. Sometimes it’s both. Can’t tell if I’m throwing my ammo away.

I thought resupplying meant that they were picking up your med packa you were throwing out and healing was once they used the med pack?

52 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

One thing I think Dice deserves credit for is going back to the old attrition method for conquest maps. Most of my games are pretty close. Closest was 2-0, but I'd say it's usually between 20-0 and 50-0.

I'd agree with that.  In the several hours that I've played, I have not experienced any significant blowouts.

One change that needs to be made is to enhance the survivability of the medic.

13 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'd agree with that.  In the several hours that I've played, I have not experienced any significant blowouts.

One change that needs to be made is to enhance the survivability of the medic.

What changes are you looking for the medic? 

13 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I understand what you mean now. There is a drag mechanic that is currently not in the beta which should help. I prefer the older style of revive myself.

Curious to see how that plays out. Problem with medic right now is the revive animation takes a while and with this TTK it’s very risky. 

They really need to fix/add ability to revive when youre prone. I’m assuming it’s a bug that it’s not working right now. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

Curious to see how that plays out. Problem with medic right now is the revive animation takes a while and with this TTK it’s very risky. 

They really need to fix/add ability to revive when youre prone. I’m assuming it’s a bug that it’s not working right now. 

It feels like the TTK ruined some of the mechanics  as far as balance is concerned. If they changed just the TTK the game would feel so much more stream lined. 

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

More health/durability.

Edit: the new revive mechanic means I have to expose myself to enemy fire for a longer period.  The medic class should be compensated for that with greater durability.

I agree that this is an issue. They need to make medic revives near-instant. I am fine with squad revives taking longer, though. We'll see how the body-dragging mechanic works, too, I guess. If it allows you to reach from behind cover and pull someone in then it could be good.