What steps have you taken recently to decrease your dependence on the torture of animals?

johnny

On 9/14/2018 at 11:28 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Never kill a bee if you can help it. Populations are declining and bees are essential to our world.

I was talking to my partner about how we should have a 1940's level of poster/propaganda for people to maintain their own hives, or at the least buy 'bee boxes' and where possible have insect encouraging plants outside.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I do this as well.

There is something so heart breaking watching them struggle so slowly.

Man, my heart broke a few months ago when I saw a big turtle struggling across the road. It was way too busy for me to stop and pull over, so I just had to pass it and hope for the best. It may have came out okay, because when I drove through a couple hours later, it wasn't anywhere to be seen.

You should all watch the documentary Dominion which focuses on how animal agriculture abuses them. It’s repulsive and many meat eaters will refuse to watch it because it shines a light on something they don’t want to know about. If you’re a documentary person, it’s a must watch. You can also watch Earthlings HD for free on YouTube. Both are absolutely graphic. 

1 minute ago, BlueAngel said:

I do the same but I kinda felt horrible after I drove over the roadkill squirrel. I had no choice but to drive over it, no other choice really. But if I can help it I'll gladly stop for a squirrel or what have you, but I'm not wrecking my car to save a frogs life lol.

Well, I ain't gonna put myself in danger, but I'm generally not speeding through my suburban neighborhood, either. :p 

Just now, BlueAngel said:

Well same here but to my knowledge I haven't killed anything crossing the road, would love to keep it that way. Unfortunately shit darts out at you sometimes, I've dodged a few deer, cats and squirrels luckily I've been able to dodge them. But in the back of my mind I'm curious if I have and not noticed.?

I think I once hit a rabbit at night that darted in front of me and I think a bird. I've been lucky so far. 

I remember one time my dad's friend hit an owl one night. It survived, but I think it may have been blinded and had a broken wing. We actually kept it in our shop overnight and took it the the Game and Fish center the next day. Crazy, seeing a live owl that close. It was pretty cool to stroke the feathers. I have a fondness for raptors. 

That's a crazy encounter, would love to have a pet owl. I think this is the first time in years you're not going towards my throat. I'm not as horrible as a person as you think I am, it's refreshing. What you see on paper is not always what you get, i.e. Ikea instructions, can anyone explain this shit?

Hey, look, I hate your politics, but I've been too harsh at times toward you and I'm sorry for that part. I've let myself get worked up some lately and I regret it. Just look at me and @Biggie. We've been at each others' throats here at times, but now we get along pretty well. Just depends on the subject. I'm cool talking with you about other shit. 

Perhaps this is the start of a better future. I'll make an effort.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I dislike your politics too, but that doesn't mean we can't have civil conversation. I'm not what I used to portray on this site, I'm actually one of the most down to earth people you would ever meet. To new beginnings perhaps?

Sure, why not? I can't say I'll never criticize you again, but I'm gonna leave the excessive anger and name-calling out of it. 

I stopped visiting that section of this site for good reason, don't have the time or energy lol. I have too much on my plate to get worked up over the internet, I've got bigger fish to fry.

I understand. It wasn't really political, just more stupidity, but today I realized I needn't let stupid board drama get to me. I thought it was a lesson I learned years ago, but I still need a reminder from time to time. Sometimes, RL shit just compounds and little shit like this pisses you off more. 

It happens. We can move on. :)