What steps have you taken recently to decrease your dependence on the torture of animals?

johnny

10 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

You have conform.  That's the problem.  And you're the one that started calling the "other side" brainwashed.  I didn't say you couldn't be an idiot.  I just find it amusing that your mindset and a popular one these days is that anyone that suggests changing the status quo to potentially improve society is brainwashed and or a threat.  Nice try doe!

Ok sweetie. 

• Thanks 1

I'm eating bacon along with my cereal with real milk in it. I don't eat bacon often, but I do eat eggs regularly.

I'm not ashamed of eating meat. Humans are omnivores. I'll never not eat meat or eggs or dairy. 

Almond milk was okay for a bit, I did give it an honest try, but I had a bad experience and I'll probably never mess with it again.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm eating bacon along with my cereal with real milk in it. I don't eat bacon often, but I do eat eggs regularly.

I'm not ashamed of eating meat. Humans are omnivores. I'll never not eat meat or eggs or dairy. 

Almond milk was okay for a bit, I did give it an honest try, but I had a bad experience and I'll probably never mess with it again.

I will stop eating meat when the lab grown stuff tastes the same (or better) than the real thing.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

I eat very little meat to begin with so the day the "artificial" stuff becomes more affordable/widely available, I'll be all about that.

You are the worst of the lot.  You not only eat meat, but you also burn the shit out of it and make other humans suffer at the same time.  

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

• Haha 1

I can't say that I do anything for this cause. I like eating meat. I guess with clothing, I don't buy too many things that are made of leather outside of the coat I may purchase every once in couple of years when a coat gets worn. I not a shoe guy so I only buy shown when they are visibly badly worn or start to hurt my feet.

I'm more conscientious about reducing waste so I reuse a lot of thing and take my own bags to the store for example. 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Leather really isn't a big deal. The cows are already being killed for the beef, the hide is put to good use, too. 

I'm not happy about animal suffering and I try to think of that when I make my purchases, but I like meat. I don't like a vegan diet. I'm not going to make myself miserable. 

I think almost anybody can enjoy a vegan diet if they’re willing to cook and work with new recipes. I know you’re a nurse so it may be difficult because of time and being tired, but even having one day where you try to make a vegan meal can help make a difference. 

People can also buy cruelty free products like deodorant, shampoo, etc. they’re usually a little more expensive so I wouldn’t call somebody out who is on a budget but it’s another option. 

7 minutes ago, johnny said:

I think almost anybody can enjoy a vegan diet if they’re willing to cook and work with new recipes. I know you’re a nurse so it may be difficult because of time and being tired, but even having one day where you try to make a vegan meal can help make a difference. 

People can also buy cruelty free products like deodorant, shampoo, etc. they’re usually a little more expensive so I wouldn’t call somebody out who is on a budget but it’s another option. 

I do my part in certain areas. Pretty sure my soap and shampoos all say they're not tested on animals. I sometimes use goat milk soap made by a coworker, but you'd probably object to that. 

I could try to cut down on some products, but I'll never give it up. Most vegan stuff I've tried is just kinda bland. 

I've stopped eating meat (at least until next March) and there after, will only be when eating out or for a special occasion.  I should look at either only drinking organic milk or moving to a replacement soon, though in the UK when it comes to eggs and dairy, we do offer a good quality of life for the animals involved.  

I got a pound of hot sausage that I am gonna form into one big patty and then eat all of it myself. 

I am also all for lab-grown meat. Not because I care about animals, just because it is better for the planet. But while I am all for it, and assuming it all taste the same, price is gonna be a big issue. If it ain't the same price or cheaper then I won't be buying it. I really don't care about beef at all, but chicken and pork are what they need to get right. Oh, and until you can get bone-in cuts, people ain't gonna swap 100%

My girlfriend at the moment is vegan, except for the fact that she'll eat eggs every once in a while. That means that I'm vegan when I'm with her, which is most of the time.  When I'm not with her, I don't really give a shit and I still eat meat, but I still think it's good that I eat less.

I've gone through many vegetarian spells in my life (never vegan), but it never really stuck. I do honestly think that it's better for the world when we eat less meat. Having someone that I care about be around that won't have sex with me because I ate a cow that day is a powerful motivating factor. But I honestly think it's for the best. We shouldn't eat meat every meal of every day. We don't need to. If everyone in the US even limited their meat consumption to one meal per day, it would do wonders for the environment (a lot of people in developed nations eat meat every meal of every day). Lab grown meat would also be great.

57 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Good thing I eat the yellowfin tuna. :talkhand:

Several tuna species are in peril. Bluefin are critically endangered with just 2% of their 1950 biomass left, bigeye recently fell below the 20% level necessary for replacement, and yellowfin are also down more than 70%.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/aug/23/they-are-taking-out-a-generation-of-tuna-overfishing-causes-crisis-in-philippines

I'm not going to feel guilty for doing what biology created me to do. :shrug:

I do my part in other ways to make the environment a better place. No one can do it all, not even you. Good on you for not consuming animal products. But if everyone lived like you did, we'd have overpopulation of a ton of animals, like deer. Or invasive species like wild hogs would continue to destroy land. 

I try to be mindful of animal suffering. But I won't feel bad for enjoying my food as nature intended. Self-righteous vegans are as bad as the caveman meat eating dudes who insist on being twats about it. 

The reality is, unless you're gonna go build a shack in the woods and live like a hermit, only foraging and growing what you need to survive, some being, somewhere, is going to suffer for it. 

Child workers in third world countries make the clothes and shoes you probably wear. They mined for the materials you use in your everyday electronics. They worked in terrible, unsafe conditions and got paid hardly anything for it. Your transportation burns fossil fuels. You consume a ton of plastic, no matter how much you try to cut back. I could keep going, but the point has been made. Everyone can and should do something to lessen their footprint and minimize the suffering of others. But the reality of today means no matter what you do, someone is going to suffer for it.

I need meat about like you need your cellphone or whatever it is you're using to post on this forum. You could technically live without it. But it makes your life a lot more enjoyable to have it. How many poor people suffered so you could hold that technology in your hands? 

The difference is, I'm not going to imply you're morally inferior for having your comforts.

I do my part. I actually do contribute more than the average Joe, because I get so much of my meat from hunting and fishing myself, helping to control local animal populations, being responsible and humane as I can be. 

But keep sitting high on that horse because you don't eat meat, yet contribute to environmental decline in others ways. My only issue with you is your self-righteousness.

Peace out, brah. 

10 hours ago, johnny said:

You were made to eat meat, even though you literally don’t need to. Ok. 

How you get your b12 bro? I'm fine with advocating for reduced meat consumption, but this is where you lose me. We definitely need to eat meat.