What steps have you taken recently to decrease your dependence on the torture of animals?

johnny

14 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I understand. It wasn't really political, just more stupidity, but today I realized I needn't let stupid board drama get to me. I thought it was a lesson I learned years ago, but I still need a reminder from time to time. Sometimes, RL shit just compounds and little shit like this pisses you off more. 

It happens. We can move on. :) 

RL shit can greatly lower my tolerance for stuff that annoys me, and my work is rather low-key all considering. If I was a nurse I'm pretty sure I would have melted the world at this point :p 

7 minutes ago, legend said:

RL shit can greatly lower my tolerance for stuff that annoys me, and my work is rather low-key all considering. If I was a nurse I'm pretty sure I would have melted the world at this point :p 

You have no idea. It's just another stressor. It's not all bad, but shitty management(we're now looking for our 4th unit manager since last December), chronic understaffing, patients who are just terrible people...it's disheartening sometimes. Add that to the current state of the nation, my family issues, stuff just kinda piles on and my emotional state gets a little fragile at times.
I've got a lot of good in my life, though, and a great support system with my husband, so I manage. I just get angry sometimes over things that aren't worth it. Then I quickly realize how ridiculous it is to be pissy about some asshat on the board refusing to be sensible. Some things just don't matter in the big picture.

Oh, and it also helps that after this weekend, I've got 11 days off. I'll spend time with the husband, go to the air show next weekend(I love military aircraft), watch all of the World Series...the break will be nice.

• 1 month later...

I killed a deer last week. Nice, big doe, got a lot of meat from her. It was a good, clean shot, too. She didn't suffer. 

I decided to cut up the meat myself this time, but I don't think I'll do it again. Too much trouble and time. I've always just taken the leg quarters to the butcher to be processed, think I'll stick to that plan.