Lower Your Helmet and Beat Your Girlfriend, The NFL Is Back! - NFL Week 1

Keyser_Soze

https://sports.theonion.com/russell-wilson-asks-seahawks-to-modify-play-where-he-s-1828976379

SEATTLE—Expressing some reservations about allowing the defense instant, unfettered access to the backfield, Russell Wilson asked the Seahawks Tuesday to modify a read-pass-option play where he’s immediately tackled by six players after receiving the snap. “I’m happy to run whatever the coaching staff draws up, but I think we can adjust this play a little so I can take more than three steps without getting pounded into the turf,” said Wilson, explaining to his coaches that perhaps one of the Seahawks’ offensive lineman could attempt to stand in the way of the oncoming pass rushers. “There is a lot to like about this play, but we could try working in some play-action or a quick slant pass before the pocket dissolves and I’m hit from three different angles. At the very least, we should only call the plays where I get sacked before I can start my progression reads a few times per game.” At press time Pete Carroll had heeded his quarterback’s advice and drawn up a new play where Wilson scrambles left and right multiple times and then throws the ball out of bounds.

I did not watch the Bears last season only too happy to get back to watching NFL football this season and in one fucking game, the Bears just brought me back to the reality of being a Bears fan in one damn game the should have won. Ugh. 

I hope they don't let that choke ruin their feelings for the season. They did a lot of good things but just could seal the deal. I hope they took notes to not make some major bone headed decisions again.

4 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I did not watch the Bears last season only too happy to get back to watching NFL football this season and in one fucking game, the Bears just brought me back to the reality of being a Bears fan in one damn game the should have won. Ugh. 

I hope they don't let that choke ruin their feelings for the season. They did a lot of good things but just could seal the deal. I hope they took notes to not make some major bone headed decisions again.

The Bears are who we thought they were and we let them off the damn HOOK!

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Pika, he should be starting...he's going to die behind that line, but he is the better of the two, by a bit.

I am not a big believer in the whole "ruin the quarterback thing".  Let him take his lumps and learn on the field.

Additionally, I've changed my mind.  If anything happens to Allen I bring in Kap.  Peterman would have to start at least a couple of games, but I would rather have Kapernick for the rest of the season, however long that might be.

I was mislead on what I thought about him based upon the when the Bills played him in 16.  The Bills beat them 45-16 and Kap was 13 of 29.  However his numbers for the season were 16 tds, 4 picks, and a 90.7 rating.  I'll take that.

2 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

The Bills should have started Tyrod Taylor.  

Indeed, Mike.

Maybe we should have kept AJ instead of giving him away to the Raiders.

You guys got a reasonably competent back-up QB for peanuts.  I do not like what's his face backing up for you behind Carr.  Please consider AJ if the need should arise for the Raiders, but hopefully it doesn't come up this year. 

45 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Indeed, Mike.

Maybe we should have kept AJ instead of giving him away to the Raiders.

You guys got a reasonably competent back-up QB for peanuts.  I do not like what's his face backing up for you behind Carr.  Please consider AJ if the need should arise for the Raiders, but hopefully it doesn't come up this year. 

I believe AJ is the only backup left on the Raiders -- Connor Cook and EJ Manuel were cut at the end of preseason.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

No shit. He should’ve been the week #1 starter. 

But they created this hype video for Peterman!!

https://deadspin.com/bills-pack-nathan-petermans-career-highlights-into-37-s-1828808789

The highlights we see here are:

• Nathan Peterman throwing a touchdown pass in a game the Bills lost 47-10 to the Saints, in which Peterman completed seven of 10 passes for 79 yards.
  • Nathan Peterman almost getting tackled by a Patriots lineman in a game the Bills lost 23-3 and in which Peterman threw for 50 yards while completing six of 15 passes.
  • Nathan Peterman throwing a touchdown in a preseason game against the Panthers.
  • Nathan Peterman throwing a touchdown in a preseason game against the Bengals.
  • Nathan Peterman throwing a touchdown in a 13-7 win over the Colts in which Peterman completed five of 10 passes for 57 yards.

• Haha 2