Lower Your Helmet and Beat Your Girlfriend, The NFL Is Back! - NFL Week 1

Keyser_Soze

22 hours ago, Biggie said:

Falcons vs Eagles is the highlight game for me. :sun:

Also Bills name Nathan Peterman starting QB for week one. @BuckFly  :facepalm:

So hyped for the season to start!

He won the job, they didn't just hand it to him.  He didn't beat out Tom Brady to win the job, but it is not his fault that Tom Brady isn't on the team.  I believe he was among the top 5 rated QBs this preseason.

Without his TD (which EVERYBODY seems to forget) in one of the worst weather games in the NFL in the last 50 years the Bills would not have ended their playoff drought.

That being said and as I, and more importantly the Bills, have said this is a two year process.  Regardless of the playoffs last year.  I am some where between and including 5-11 and 7-9 for 2018.

I'm fine with some learning time for Allen, a top 10 pick, 10 picks overall in a deep 2019 draft, and $81.6 million in cap space in 2019, which is currently the second most cap space in the NFL for 2019.

EDIT:  and the Eagles vs the Birds, Biggie, is a TREMENDOUS start to the NFL season.  I forgot that was the game.  2 days away...LOVE IT!!!!!!

EDIT 2:  Three really big and interesting games to start the season:

Eagles v Falcons - no anecdote required.

Texans v Patriots - how is Watson this year, especially after the injury and considering what he previously did against the Pats?

Chiefs v Chargers - which one of these teams is for real, or maybe both?

My favourite time of year is seeing how wrong everyone is about many teams...  At this point last year, according to ESPN Power Rankings:

Bills (9-7), Rams (11-5) and Jaguars (10-6) were rated 26, 27 and 28.

Super Bowl Champion Eagles were rated 15.

Seahawks (9-7), Packers (7-9), Cowboys (9-7), Raiders (6-10), Broncos (5-11), Cardinals (8-8) and Giants (3-13) were rated 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11.

They had the Jets (5-11) and 49ers (6-10) ranked below the Browns (0-16).

I love watching that dark horse that everyone thought would suck, make the playoffs while the media darling come in at 4-12.  Only in the NFL!

On 9/3/2018 at 11:04 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I decided to make this thread a bit earlier in the week. I'll probably not have internet for a couple of days plus this week you can hype yourself up to get disappointed later in the week. :p

Games start on Thursday, let's go!

YkGlUCa.jpg

Eagles 

Ravens

Jags

Saints

Patriots

Vikings

Titans

Bengals

Steelers

Chargers

Seahawks

Cowboys

Redskins

Packers

Lions

Rams

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Eagles 

Ravens

Jags

Saints

Patriots

Vikings

Titans

Bengals

Steelers

Chargers

Seahawks

Cowboys

Redskins

Packers

Lions

Rams

Only two disagreements with you:  I believe the Giants will upset the Jags at home and Carolina will beat the Cowboys at home, as well.

For a couple of years I have thought the Cowboys may have something.  However, NOW, they have to prove it to me.