The Bear - FX Series starring Shameless' Jeremy Allen White (Lip) - Returns June 22, 2023

All 8 episodes are available now. I've gotten through the first 3, more than likely will end up watching all of what is looking to be a fantastic show, before the night is through. The pace is frenetic & chaotic & by doing so, really harnesses & hones the vibe of a TRUE kitchen. A lot of questions abound but they're there in the periphery, waiting to be plucked one at a time to be shone more light to the viewer & I appreciate that. Alright, back to the show!

Just finished the season and holy fucking wow what a hell of a show! Really hope that another season is greenlit (maybe even with a larger release having it come to FX directly?) Such an amazing cast & what a hell of a turn at the end. So very excited to see where this story goes next for sure!

• Halal 1

This show is great! I just watched episode 7.

Spoiler

Maybe the single most intense episode of TV I've seen in years. Not a second of down time. And a lot of shows take advantage of the streaming format by having longer episodes, so this one being 10 minutes shorter than normal really caught me off guard. Brutally effective. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Holy shit episode 7. I worked in restaurants for 15 years. I still have nightmares about being the weeds that are so damn close to what that episode felt like 

I never worked in a kitchen, but I’ve been seeing people say that this show is PTSD-inducing, and I believe it. 

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, between berating the patisserie & throwing his work on the ground, to your sous saying "Fuck this I'm out", all while your brand new POS system wasn't set up right only in turn to totally fuck you in the ass. The PTSD induction is a very real thing for those of us who've been there in our careers, it's legit NO JOKE! Yet, it's because of those moments that the team/brigade comes together & really pushes through to get through it & you come out the other side changed, more appreciative of those who were in the trenches with you, all of that. I would honestly say, allegorically that is, which when working in a kitchen, its as close to combat as one can be without actually BEING in combat (at least in my humble opinion.) 

The music does absolutely rock in this show no doubt and the secret inclusion of a well accomplished actor (at least, again, in my opinion) w/ regards to the leads' older brother, just awesome to see him in literally anything!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just started watching this last night, and I feel like this was the best pilot that I've seen in a long time. It really sells the concept and sets up the initial stakes in an impressive way. I really appreciate shows that you don't need to give a few hours to in order to figure out if they're any good.

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jeremy Allen White was a very good actor in Shameless. I have a 30 day pass with Hulu so I think I will check this out!

It’s an excellent show, but it’s, uh, emotionally challenging. I know you’re not in a great place right now, and this show might hit hit some buttons you don’t want pushed. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s an excellent show, but it’s, uh, emotionally challenging. I know you’re not in a great place right now, and this show might hit hit some buttons you don’t want pushed. 

Interesting. I really appreciate the heads up. I might check it out later this summer. I still have to watch the last two episodes of Stranger Things 4. I might start that up later this evening. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Interesting. I really appreciate the heads up. I might check it out later this summer. I still have to watch the last two episodes of Stranger Things 4. I might start that up later this evening. 

Yeah, I don’t want to scare you off it completely, but when you watch it you might want to be prepared. The main character is dealing with

Spoiler

the recent loss of his brother

and that is a major part of the entire season. 

14 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, I don’t want to scare you off it completely, but when you watch it you might want to be prepared. The main character is dealing with

Hide contents

the recent loss of his brother

and that is a major part of the entire season. 

Yes, I looked it up. Definitely something that I probably shouldn't watch now but overall themes like this really don't bother me. But you're correct that with my current mental state, it's probably a good idea to ignore it for now.

I will definitely check it out because it interests me after doing some research and you guy's really like it.

Didn't know you were dealing with such personal issues @best3444, so very sorry to hear that. While Leon is absolutely in the right to forewarn you, personally speaking, there have been times when shows or films have really been cathartic for me to grieve & process trauma & loss, so hopefully there's a chance that this show may help you in that way as well. Whenever you do end up visiting it in its entirety, the thread will be here as will we all, eager to hear your thoughts & sentiments on it!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Didn't know you were dealing with such personal issues @best3444, so very sorry to hear that. While Leon is absolutely in the right to forewarn you, personally speaking, there have been times when shows or films have really been cathartic for me to grieve & process trauma & loss, so hopefully there's a chance that this show may help you in that way as well. Whenever you do end up visiting it in its entirety, the thread will be here as will we all, eager to hear your thoughts & sentiments on it!

Very nice post. Thank you. 

• Halal 1

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Huh?

I think the main actor should be the new Wolverine. He's got the hair, good physique (maybe some more bulking like Hugh had to). He's shorter than Hugh (Wolverine is 5'4" it's one of his key traits). He's also a great actor, depends on his facial hair situation maybe. 

9 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I think the main actor should be the new Wolverine. He's got the hair, good physique (maybe some more bulking like Hugh had to). He's shorter than Hugh (Wolverine is 5'4" it's one of his key traits). He's also a great actor, depends on his facial hair situation maybe. 

I didn't realize they were looking for a new Wolverine. You make good points and I watched him throughout Shamless. Extremely talented.

• Halal 1

17 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Episode 7 jfc

RIGHT? I was reading some article about the series afterwards, and was stunned to learn that the entire episode (once they get into the restaurant) was a single take. Usually long takes like that are really obvious and flashy, but here it felt so natural. One of the best things I've seen in a long time. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

RIGHT? I was reading some article about the series afterwards, and was stunned to learn that the entire episode (once they get into the restaurant) was a single take. Usually long takes like that are really obvious and flashy, but here it felt so natural. One of the best things I've seen in a long time. 

I was like.. stop, close the online store and cancel the orders

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...