Richard Hammond and his wife were gassed and robbed in holiday villa in France

Jason

On 9/2/2018 at 10:14 PM, CayceG said:

I'm not buying the gas story. But I fully believe they were robbed very stealthily. 

Yeah, I'm not buying the gas, but it is crazy to think that anyone broke in and robbed a house full of so many people as they slept. That's some ninja'level stealth, incredible luck, and balls the size of Jupiter. You just need to hope that all these middle-aged folks don't end up having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, less your burglaring being interrupted.

On 9/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, CayceG said:

I'm not buying the gas story. But I fully believe they were robbed very stealthily. 

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, I'm not buying the gas, but it is crazy to think that anyone broke in and robbed a house full of so many people as they slept. That's some ninja'level stealth, incredible luck, and balls the size of Jupiter. You just need to hope that all these middle-aged folks don't end up having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, less your burglaring being interrupted.

There not getting gassed

But in 2014, in response to the campervan incidents, the British Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCOA) said it was the college's view that gassing was "a myth".

"It is the view of the College that it would not be possible to render someone unconscious by blowing ether, chloroform or any of the currently used volatile anaesthetic agents, through the window … without their knowledge, even if they were sleeping at the time," the College said in a statement.

"[Also] these drugs would be too expensive for the average thief to use."

General anaesthetics are either inhaled or administered from pressure tanks and they have odours and health risks associated with them.

The college says there is no anaesthetic in existence that is "safe, odourless, potent [and] cheap enough" for the average person obtain or handle.

If there was one, the College says, it would "know about it and be investigating its use in anaesthetic practice".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-03/richard-hammond-robbery-why-celebs-claim-gassing-in-france/10193960