The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC Update 1.1 released, officially Steam Deck verified

• 1 month later...

motj6t2oyqma1.jpg

06e420609ce00f919da02a482d1c6eb906bef9c1
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Naughty Dog offers a deeper look at The Last of Us Part I’s upcoming debut on PC.

After its successful debut on the PlayStation 5 console last year, The Last of Us Part I is making its way to PC on March 28! Marking the first time The Last of Us has been available on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, we can’t wait for new and returning players to experience Joel and Ellie’s emotional journey on a new platform.

Whether you’re coming to the launch of The Last of Us Part I on PC as a first timer – maybe you’ve been enjoying The Last of Us on HBO and want to jump into the game? – or if you’re a returning player who wants to experience this memorable adventure all over again, we hope the PC version will be an exciting way for everyone to play.

We previously confirmed Part I’s PC iteration will bring with it the same main content as its PS5 counterpart, but with the PC release drawing near, we snuck by some frightening Clickers to deliver more information about what players can expect.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: PC features and system requirements (PlayStation Blog post)
5 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Radeon 5800 XT? I didn’t know such a card existed.

Typo I imagine. As our Radeon user that's not in my data base. I bought a 5700XT cuz it was about as fast as my Vega 64 but ran cooler and was like 230 bucks I think. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Typo I imagine. As our Radeon user that's not in my data base. I bought a 5700XT cuz it was about as fast as my Vega 64 but ran cooler and was like 230 bucks I think. 

Much better than our previous radeon user @nextgen 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us: Part 1 - update: "PC Accessibility Features" video
On 3/9/2023 at 2:49 PM, stepee said:

Well, there’s another ssd required example! I’m sure it works off a hdd though.

Good. The sooner we end support of Disk Drives in gaming, the better!

I've turned all mine into media whores. They hold all the ripped TV series and movies I have in little media tower I built with old hardware. Coincidentally, it rarely gets used lol. 

Just now, best3444 said:

It's included with the remake with the same amazing visuals. 

Oh that rules! I was wondering about that if they just added it to the main game or what. I never played it either so now I’m even more pumped for this. Hype.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I said fuck it and preordered this on Steam for $50. I know I'm gonna replay it again and probably soon, since the damn show has put me in a mood to.

Yep. Watching the show gives me the itch to play these games so much. That's why I'm happy I forgot about Left Behind. 

Everyone was confused as to why they made a remake of a relatively recent game that got a PS4 remaster. I said it was because of the upcoming show - cross media promotion. Now everyone is buying the "unnecessary" remake because of the show, or vice versa, so Sony's plan worked. I'm sure the same or similar will happen with the God of War and Horizon shows down the road too.

• True 1

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Everyone was confused as to why they made a remake of a relatively recent game that got a PS4 remaster. I said it was because of the upcoming show - cross media promotion. Now everyone is buying the "unnecessary" remake because of the show, or vice versa, so Sony's plan worked. I'm sure the same or similar will happen with the God of War and Horizon shows down the road too.

Do sales show that? 

31 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well it worked when the show came out not so much at launch.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Do sales show that? 

There was a sales bump yeah. Probably posted in this thread somewhere.

• Halal 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I would have preloaded yesterday if not for the damn data cap. Fuck  you, Comcast.

I'm gonna go back to Metroid Prime after I finish RE4, then play TLOU. Nevermind the fact I still have to finish Kirby and Pentiment.

So much awesomeness all at once.

This year is SO good already.

• True 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Did you end up getting a new pc yet?

Not yet. I might have splurged on a different large purchase this weekend, but that's okay because I was kinda waiting on the 8 core AMD CPUs to drop in April.

Husband did just order a 7900 XTX for the game room PC last night, though. So I may be playing TLOU on the 65" OLED.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Not yet. I might have splurged on a different large purchase this weekend, but that's okay because I was kinda waiting on the 8 core AMD CPUs to drop in April.

Husband did just order a 7900 XTX for the game room PC last night, though. So I may be playing TLOU on the 65" OLED.

Niiiice. So that’s just going to be the shared hooked up to tv “console” now? That’s how I play everything also on an oled. Love it.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Niiiice. So that’s just going to be the shared hooked up to tv “console” now? That’s how I play everything also on an oled. Love it.

Yep. We each have our own PC we game a fair bit on, but the one in the game room is shared. It’s really always been underpowered and mostly used for older and indie games, but now that the mortgage is paid for, he wanted to give it a big upgrade. He’s also gonna upgrade the rest of it next month. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I would have preloaded yesterday if not for the damn data cap. Fuck  you, Comcast.

I'm gonna go back to Metroid Prime after I finish RE4, then play TLOU. Nevermind the fact I still have to finish Kirby and Pentiment.

So much awesomeness all at once.

Data cap? That's still a thing? I thought Xfinity got rid of them? I know they did in our market, back when I had them which was a long while ago now.

What's your cap?

I think I'd die with a cap working from home, downloading games, running Plex and all that.

This is since March 2nd.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Data cap? That's still a thing? I thought Xfinity got rid of them? I know they did in our market, back when I had them which was a long while ago now.

What's your cap?

I think I'd die with a cap working from home, downloading games, running Plex and all that.

This is since March 2nd.

spacer.png

1.2 TB. Yes, it still exists and it’s bullshit. Especially for gigabit internet. 

11 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Here is a fat pipe....you are only allowed to fill this Red cup...one time....ENJOY! 

It always annoyed the shit out of me because yeah paying for internet access and not getting to use all the internet you want is bulllllssshiiitttt.