Ford down to one car- mustang, kills Ford focus active - citing tariffs

Honestly I don't ever see myself buying another American car in my life anyway (though I like my Focus well enough). Honda or Toyota are so much better deals long-term finally. Buy a 2-year old Honda, drive it for 3 years, and then sell it, and repeat. Way less money and way more reliability than buying new and paying it off for 6 years.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Honestly I don't ever see myself buying another American car in my life anyway (though I like my Focus well enough). Honda or Toyota are so much better deals long-term finally. Buy a 2-year old Honda, drive it for 3 years, and then sell it, and repeat. Way less money and way more reliability than buying new and paying it off for 6 years.

I'm still using the car I bought for college around 2005.  It's a 2000 VW Golf TDI.  The car has been insanely reliable and despite having almost 200,000 miles on it now, it still drives like a dream.  Every part on it that has worn out due to age has lasted far beyond the average lifespan.  Every part I have pulled off that car has been manufactured in Germany or elsewhere in Europe.  At this point, I have no interest in buying a new car until electric cars are not only affordable, but have the range my car gets.  Even then, I'd still keep this one around for the winter.  I just can't see myself buying a new car until that point because I do not want to get rid of one of the world's most fuel efficient cars.  

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

My 2019 Mustang GT has 820 miles on it

:p 

That won’t last long :)

I’m somewhat under 7,000km (~4350 miles) on my 2016 x1 -.- (I only drive like 1 day a week to get out of the city for lunch and grocery shopping)

I really should consider driving more.

3 minutes ago, chakoo said:

That won’t last long :)

I’m somewhat under 7,000km (~4350 miles) on my 2016 x1 -.- (I only drive like 1 day a week to get out of the city for lunch and grocery shopping)

I really should consider driving more.

I drive 80-120 miles per week (~6k/year) on average :sun: 

4 minutes ago, vaxick said:

I'm not really sure if Tesla deserves they praise they get.  They may have the best electric tech on the market, but they are as anti-consumer as it gets.  

Plus their quality control for the Model 3 has been pretty terrible from what I’ve read.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

May not be American  designed, but Toyota sold in America is American made now. :flag:

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Plus their quality control for the Model 3 has been pretty terrible from what I’ve read.

Their are a lot of poor choices in the Model 3.  I understand why it's popular as it's affordable for more people than prior models, but when you thoroughly look through the car, it's hard to ignore some of the bizarre oversights.  I mean, how can you make an electric car and not provide a way to manually open all doors in the case of a drained battery.  Tesla even states the front doors that have manual mechs shouldn't be used often as they can damge the doors.

I wouldn't touch a Tesla myself though due to the current practices of the company. I refuse to own a car in which the company actively makes in impossible for owners or indpendent mechanics to work on the car.  

5 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Their are a lot of poor choices in the Model 3.  I understand why it's popular as it's affordable for more people than prior models, but when you thoroughly look through the car, it's hard to ignore some of the bizarre oversights.  I mean, how can you make an electric car and not provide a way to manually open all doors in the case of a drained battery.  Tesla even states the front doors that have manual mechs shouldn't be used often as they can damge the doors.

I wouldn't touch a Tesla myself though due to the current practices of the company. I refuse to own a car in which the company actively makes in impossible for owners or indpendent mechanics to work on the car.  

Ehh, I don’t have much against Tesla or any other brand. However, it always annoyed me that Tesla often ranks near the bottom of quality control and reliability lists from Consumer Reports yet all other American auto makers are being called “junk”? Okay. I tend to lean towards performance cars where they’re all pretty much unreliable regardless of country anyway, but sheesh.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Ehh, I don’t have much against Tesla or any other brand. However, it always annoyed me that Tesla often ranks near the bottom of quality control and reliability lists from Consumer Reports yet all other American auto makers are being called “junk”? Okay. I tend to lean towards performance cars where they’re all pretty much unreliable regardless of country anyway, but sheesh.

I wouldn't knock the domestic brands at all.  Some of their cars are riding some some very impressive chassis.  Brand perception vs reality is quite different these days.  Some of the brands associated with reliability have been on a steady decline for years, but most consumers are not well versed in the matter because let's be honest, most people don't exactly do their homework.  Even then, when you look at the industry as a whole, reliability is going down and the cost of repair is rising at quite a fast pace.  Car companies are obsessed with cramming tech into automobiles that has not gone through the rigorous testing it should have in their attempts to attract buyers in a market in which automobile sales are on the decline.