Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

IIRC at the time, it took a little heat for being Dark Souls but not really, Uncharted but not as dramatic, that Cal is kinda boring, and that the lighstaber didn't just melt everything. I think there's some fairness to most of those, but the game is ultimately better than the sum of its parts. It helps that the supporting cast is well acted and generally interesting. Also the game ends super strong.

I dunno that it's a classic or anything, but it's a solid Star Wars yarn.

Anyway if Jedi Survivor lets me kiss Merrin it's a 10/10 unless BD-1 is harmed in which case all bets are off.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. Game ends very strong.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:22 PM, Biggie said:

Credits rolling. 
Holy shit that ending was amazing!

spacer.png

I really wish the internet hadn’t spoiled the endings final encounter. Had it been a surprise it would have hit so much harder for me. But it was still really good. 

On 4/20/2023 at 9:53 PM, Kal-El814 said:

IIRC at the time, it took a little heat for being Dark Souls but not really, Uncharted but not as dramatic, that Cal is kinda boring, and that the lighstaber didn't just melt everything. I think there's some fairness to most of those, but the game is ultimately better than the sum of its parts. It helps that the supporting cast is well acted and generally interesting. Also the game ends super strong.

I dunno that it's a classic or anything, but it's a solid Star Wars yarn.

Anyway if Jedi Survivor lets me kiss Merrin it's a 10/10 unless BD-1 is harmed in which case all bets are off.

im looking forward to this game more and more. I liked Fallen Order, but more as a vessel to deliver me more Star Wars characters, locations, lore, and story. I don’t think I would have finished the game if it wasn’t Star Wars. There’s a part of me that resents I felt the need to drop the game to easy just so Cal didn’t feel that having a lightsaber was a handicap. Like I had been trying to beat people to death with a pool noodle. 

I had no idea we even had a thread for this. Hell, I had no idea this game was coming out until a few days ago.

That said, I had played Fallen Order at launch but stopped playing when I got to the 4th world for some reason. I can't remember why, as I was enjoying it.

So instead of trying to continue that save, I just started over. I played it clear through this time and loved it! Just a really good, really solid game that fulfills the Jedi power fantasy well, even for someone like me who doesn't give a shit about Star Wars. The fact that the lightsaber didn't one-shot anything it touched like in the movies was fine, because only a fucking moron would think that would make for good game design with how games are currently built. You'd have to build some sort of super advanced agility system so most enemies would frustratingly dodge over and over and over and over and over to make it match how things go in the movies, which would just enrage people. And the enemies already dodge a bunch and most can be killed in a few hits even near the end of the game!

I really hope the sequel takes the concepts of Fallen Order and expands upon them. I've seen absolutely zero footage or even screenshots, which is how I prefer to go into most games, so I'm pretty excited.

I think my biggest complaint about Fallen Order is that there's no fast travel, so if you want to go open a chest on the other side of the planet, you just gotta run your ass all the way there and then all the way back, which can be very exhausting if you've cleared most of a planet already. Unless I missed some tutorial for fast travel on both my times playing the game, which is definitely a possibility!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I think my biggest complaint about Fallen Order is that there's no fast travel, so if you want to go open a chest on the other side of the planet, you just gotta run your ass all the way there and then all the way back, which can be very exhausting if you've cleared most of a planet already. Unless I missed some tutorial for fast travel on both my times playing the game, which is definitely a possibility!

jedisurvivor_01.jpg?width=1200&height=60
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will have fast travel, unlike its predecessor. In the next issue of Play Magazine (releasing t…

Yeah not having it was annoying but to be fair the platforming in Fallen Order ended up being way more enjoyable than it had any right to be once you unlocked a couple moves. So it’s least while you were criss crossing the map the execution of it didn’t also suck. 

• Halal 1

This made me ROFL - as someone who didn't understand why this was such a big thing in the first game and didn't really like it, actor Cameron Monaghan has now made me hope it comes back. Yes, I'm intentionally keeping things vague. :p There are no spoilers in the video for Jedi Survivor or otherwise so anyone can watch it.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, atom631 said:

was there any word if this game works with your save from the 1st one? 

I played the first on xbox but want to play this one on ps5 for the haptic feedback in the controller. 

I’d been wondering the same as I played the first on Xbox, but want to play the sequel on PC. Only thing I can think would carry over is some cosmetics. It’s just not a game like Mass Effect where player choice is a factor. 

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
star-wars-jedi-survivor.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Physical copies of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will require a download to play.

that makes me wonder if the in disc version is the 44GB 1440p version of the game that Series S can play, so they didn’t have to spend extra money on dual layered, double sided, or two discs. 

If so could all console versions play the 1440p version offline, or is PS5 and XSX required to download all the 4K textures. 

Then again this theory goes out the window if the Series S also has to download content for the game to be playable. 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 you better start downloading this today lol

I honestly have no idea why sf6 took so long. My connection isn't THAT bad. I will download asap though. 

25 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Seeing reports that the review embargo may be up on Wednesday.

I was going to ask this. Thanks 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I honestly have no idea why sf6 took so long. My connection isn't THAT bad. I will download asap though

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 you better start downloading this today lol

For some reason Steam downloads at 30Mb/s at best for me, while my Xbox 12 inches away can download at ~230Mb/s. So my PC is gonna take forever to download 155GB. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

no. Do you mean the region server. It looks like it is already the closest one to me 

Actually I looked a bit into this (at least for myself) and are you sure it's actually Mbps and not MB/s? Steam defaults to MB/s, you can change it to show Mbps which (for me) shows comparable speeds to the Xbox which shows Mbps.

As for the server thing, yes I mean the "download region" - If the above doesn't apply to you maybe try another server, the one you're going to might be getting more traffic slowing it down. I believe you live in Texass and it looks like they have 3 servers so one might be better than the other. 🤷‍♀️

20 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

For some reason Steam downloads at 30Mb/s at best for me, while my Xbox 12 inches away can download at ~230Mb/s. So my PC is gonna take forever to download 155GB. 

For reference, I normally get 60-70 MB/s in peak time (480-560 Mb/s).  Xbox servers are significantly slower than that for me.

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’ll check that out. You may be right on the MB/s vs Mb/s thing. It still always seems significantly slower than my Xbox just in the time it takes. 

Still, 30MB/s would be slow.