Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

On 3/20/2023 at 5:16 PM, eventide11 said:

Can't roll my eyes an harder that IGN is still doing FIRST 

2 hours ago, nublood said:

I’ve really grown to despise that website. It’s basically turned into TMZ. 

Personally I don't mind it. At least they've made a name for themselves and something worthwhile beyond the IGN Insider magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Definitely excited for this, as soon as I'm done with Resident Evil 4 remake this'll be my next game on PC, I'll probably be a week late to this but it'll be worth it not to have any backlog when I start this.

Cmon, no matter how far you are into RE4, you can knock it out this weekend. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggie said:

I’m hyped. Especially since it’s next gen only. 

Yeppppp, the generation is finally beginning! I hope the fluidity of movement is still there. I loved how just moving and jumping around felt in the first one. You felt so agile and slick compared to most other third person action games.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeppppp, the generation is finally beginning! I hope the fluidity of movement is still there. I loved how just moving and jumping around felt in the first one. You felt so agile and slick compared to most other third person action games.

I’ve had a blast playing the first one. Dare I say as much as Spider-Man. 

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Credits rolling. 
Holy shit that ending was amazing!

spacer.png

I feel like some people here and other internet people were weird with this one on launch. Idk I got this impression that it was just okay and then I also played it late to the party last year and I kept thinking like wait wtf this is so good and what we have been waiting for with Star Wars games!

• True 1

Fallen Order was a great game! I think some people were initially cool on it because it was a bit derivative, a mix of Uncharted/God of War/Dark Souls. I loved the combination and the game just felt Star Wars. I loved zipping from planet to planet in a starship and exploring different planets and the combat was satisfying.

• Like 1
  • True 1

32 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Fallen Order was a great game! I think some people were initially cool on it because it was a bit derivative, a mix of Uncharted/God of War/Dark Souls. I loved the combination and the game just felt Star Wars. I loved zipping from planet to planet in a starship and exploring different planets and the combat was satisfying.

My favorite thing is like you said, it felt like Star Wars. The sound effects were absolutely spot on and the storm troopers were awesome. Their voices were straight out of the movies as were the lasers. 

• Hugs 1

IIRC at the time, it took a little heat for being Dark Souls but not really, Uncharted but not as dramatic, that Cal is kinda boring, and that the lighstaber didn't just melt everything. I think there's some fairness to most of those, but the game is ultimately better than the sum of its parts. It helps that the supporting cast is well acted and generally interesting. Also the game ends super strong.

I dunno that it's a classic or anything, but it's a solid Star Wars yarn.

Anyway if Jedi Survivor lets me kiss Merrin it's a 10/10 unless BD-1 is harmed in which case all bets are off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

IIRC at the time, it took a little heat for being Dark Souls but not really, Uncharted but not as dramatic, that Cal is kinda boring, and that the lighstaber didn't just melt everything. I think there's some fairness to most of those, but the game is ultimately better than the sum of its parts. It helps that the supporting cast is well acted and generally interesting. Also the game ends super strong.

I dunno that it's a classic or anything, but it's a solid Star Wars yarn.

Anyway if Jedi Survivor lets me kiss Merrin it's a 10/10 unless BD-1 is harmed in which case all bets are off.

It only runs at 30fps on console due to the cpu having to calculate the physics making sure nothing can harm BD-1