Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 03 March 2017) - Information Thread, update: Official Reveal Trailer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
jedi-survivor-system-requirements-f.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

The Star Wars Jedi Survivor minimum specs demand 130GB of storage from your gaming PC in addition to an above average Nvidia GeForce graphics card.

Here are the Star Wars Jedi Survivor system requirements:

Minimum Recommended
OS Windows 10 64-bit Windows 10 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 7700
AMD Ryzen 5 1400
Intel Core i5 11600K
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM 8GB 16GB
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
AMD Radeon RX 580
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
VRAM 8GB 8GB
Storage 130GB 130GB

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

It is when a 1060 is the median.

Well that makes sense. Looking it up, many estimates are that the Xbox Series S is closer to a GTX 1060 too. Which could either mean those estimates are wrong or there will be some series concessions made for the Series S.

im surprised to see a 1070 as old as it is also cost as much as it does. At least based on simple google searching.  

15 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well that makes sense. Looking it up, many estimates are that the Xbox Series S is closer to a GTX 1060 too. Which could either mean those estimates are wrong or there will be some series concessions made for the Series S.

Perhaps, but as someone stuck with a 1060... I'm pretty sure the Series S is more capable.  Has a more modern GPU with better VRAM, plus games are better optimized for fixed console hardware generally.

The exceptions are when you can PC dial settings back further to a reasonable place for framerate/resolution gains.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

im surprised to see a 1070 as old as it is also cost as much as it does. At least based on simple google searching.  

Some engines run better on AMD vs. Nvidia, so it's not always a good comparison.

At some price point, things stop dropping.  A GTX-1070 can still handle most games, so it has an intrinsic value for anyone looking to replace a broken video card. 

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Perhaps, but as someone stuck with a 1060... I'm pretty sure the Series S is more capable.  Has a more modern GPU with better VRAM, plus games are better optimized for fixed console hardware generally.

The exceptions are when you can PC dial settings back further to a reasonable place for framerate/resolution gains.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Some engines run better on AMD vs. Nvidia, so it's not always a good comparison.

At some price point, things stop dropping.  A GTX-1070 can still handle most games, so it has an intrinsic value for anyone looking to replace a broken video card. 

Thanks. That makes sense. I’m kind of new to even thinking about PC gaming other than “PC’s play games better” and “new GPUs expensive”. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: release now scheduled for 28 April 2023
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: release postponed by six weeks to 28 April 2023
5kdrYKYW26UStcYCAWT6M4-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Cal and BD-1 will have choice when traveling around the map

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will have both fast travel and rideable creatures, according to the game's director. 

As revealed in an upcoming issue of Play Magazine (which is due to release on February 7) Stig Asmussen - the director of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - has said the sequel will feature fast travel as well as mounts to get across the game's world. 

"We will feature both fast travel and rideable creatures to help players quickly get from point A to B, and back to A," Asmussen says, "the fast-travel is point to point, and the rideable creatures offer a way to quickly negotiate between points and explore what is in between." That's got to be good news for those wanting to take Cal and BD-1 on a tour around Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's map.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: "fast travel" and "rideable creatures" now part of game, 9 minutes of gameplay footage (IGN First)
5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Funny moment in the video when Cal went through what looked like a crawl space, but just ran straight through it.

It’s nice to see, even when the game doesn’t look very next gen otherwise yet.

lol I just saw that, good psyche out. Geometry detail looks good. it’s hard to judge lighting in a video like that. Do we know what engine this is on yet?

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Funny moment in the video when Cal went through what looked like a crawl space, but just ran straight through it.

It’s nice to see, even when the game doesn’t look very next gen otherwise yet.

There are so many compression artifacts in these videos that it is really hard to tell.  But, the first game wasn't a looker either.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve heard that but I’m not sure if it’s confirmed or not! i’m surprised they aren’t flaunting that more since gamers right now have an idea of what UE5 means and this might be the first big release using it.

I don't believe it is.  I think people are assuming it is, as some Respawn employees were hiring last summer for a project that they claimed was on UE5.