Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did the trailer hint at multiple player characters?

Not player characters - it's the companion system described here:

7-ignfirst-starwarsjedisurvivor-bode-blo
WWW.IGN.COM

Cal won't be going up against the Empire alone. We examine Respawn's companion system, a system they internally call "Characters-in-Gameplay" to see how characters like Bode Akuna will assist Cal...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Preview Embargo just ended:

RHui8pTJ2xvgskpd5Vqqq4-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Jedi Survivor is more God of War than Dark Souls this time around.

I went into my four-hour date with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor with a list of reasons to doubt it. I've been replaying 2019's Fallen Order and it hasn't been going well. A game I liked a lot at launch is now full of annoying flaws: Cal's lethargic movement, underwhelming lightsaber upgrades, and checkpoints that force me to reclimb stuff that was barely engaging the first time. Uncharted plus Dark Souls isn't the winning combo it was for me three years ago.

Judging by the opening hours of Jedi Survivor, Uncharted Souls is not what Respawn is going for anymore either. My biggest gripes with Fallen Order were tackled within minutes of picking up the controller. Wallrunning no longer drags Cal downward like gravity is getting the better of him, lightsaber combat is divided into Ghost of Tsushima-like stances with unique upgrade trees, and you can finally fast travel between checkpoints. Jedi Survivor is maturing alongside Cal himself.

star-wars-jedi-survivor-featured.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a step up from Fallen Order in a lot of ways, but it remains to be seen if it'll be enough to stand out from the crowd.

The first notable difference between this and Fallen Order was the space I was afforded when exploring the environment. The Metroidvania elements are still there, but instead of branching narrow paths, there are areas in which I was allowed to venture with nothing but a vague direction of my objective. The map from Fallen Order remains the same, but now you can use BD-1 as binoculars to scan and plot routes, dropping markers in the hopes of discovering Koboh’s many secrets.

Cal has a few more traversal tricks up his sleeve this time around, too, with a Mario-style wall jump available from the off, and, most exciting of all, the ability to grab a climbable surface without input from the player. He feels a tad more dynamic in Jedi: Survivor and the exploration is satisfying because of it.

The narrow, puzzle-laden paths are still there, but they feel more worthwhile when – to cite Koboh’s landscape as an example – paired with a large settlement, or a large section of grassland. The incidental combat also feels different with Jedi: Survivor. Squads of stormtroopers patrol the landscape in a credible way, and the openness of their surroundings enables you to pick fights on your terms rather than them simply being obstacles in your way. As such, combat is a fun distraction from the exploration as well as feeling both natural and empowering

jedi-survivor-cal-and-bd-1.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

After a chuck of hands-on preview with Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, we're confident in saying it's a lot like Jedi Fallen Order but with even more lightsabering.

There's a lot to be said for being consistent these days. After playing four hours of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor last week, I can tell you it is exactly what you probably already thought it would be: a competent, big-budget action-adventure sequel, well made by talented people, that isn't breaking the mould but expands upon the first game in the areas you liked best. If, like myself, you enjoyed Jedi: Fallen Order, this will probably be a solid follow-up for you. But if you were less well disposed towards that first game, you'd probably want to swap "consistent" for the word "predictable".

jedi-survivor-header.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Eurogamer's preview of the upcoming lightsaber-em-up, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

In my experience, a good two or three hours of gameplay on a PC, Jedi: Survivor felt sturdy enough, the minor tells of the first like your droid BD-8 not perfectly aligning itself with your shoulder, or the tiniest little skid of a character's animation still popping up here or there, but that's it. No tea breaks, and all of it reassuringly familiar. Like its general nature as a game, Jedi: Survivor is an almost old school idea of a sequel now. There are no major subversions, no seven-year development cycles or paradigm shifts: Survivor is like Fallen Order but it's a bit bigger and a bit nicer to look at. The rough edges have been smoothed over, and there's a bit of new stuff - a lot of new stuff actually, but nothing too threatening. Perfect.

Between the Force-whacking is more platforming like before, which felt very similar in the time I had with it, just slightly more refined. You can now hang from things above you, as well as climbing up walls. More interesting are the occasional side areas - buried beneath an embargo for now - reminiscent of Breath of the Wild's shrines, full of environmental puzzles that grant you a Perk as rewards. Perks change gameplay "significantly," you're told, with mine just giving me a bit of extra stamina gauge for the time being - but immediately you can see potential for a bit of extra depth.

You can see that with much of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, really. Respawn has smartly worked the end of one game into the beginning of the next, but crucially the first game's campy, slightly awkward teenage charm is intact. "I think that there was a lot of unfinished business on the first game," as Asmussen put it. "This game is like we're completing a stem sentence and we're actually turning it into a stanza. It's all of the ideas that we had kind of put together, in something that's bigger and more robust for the player, and hopefully it feels more refined." So far it does - but it's still the silly fun of the original at heart. It's Cal Kestis, with a beard.

star-wars-jedi-survivor.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Respawn's Jedi epic continues in a follow-up that looks to address every issue with the first game…

Star Wars Jedi Survivor feels like a third game in a series, rather than a direct sequel.

Every element from the first game feels more refined, polished, and expanded upon, and if the final game can fulfill the expectations that our demo left us with after playing for a few hours, then we may have to retire Assassin’s Creed 2 as the benchmark for improvement on a promising original.

Visually the game is a huge improvement on the first, with that caveat being that we were playing it on PC with everything up to practically the highest settings. Even so, the visual leap was significant, not only in the stunning vistas and lush fauna but the detail on Cal’s face. Respawn is well aware of this, as there were a good few moments when Cal would take a breather so we could both appreciate the beautiful scenery of the planet.

We want to play more Star Wars Jedi Survivor right now. The game is just bursting with smart changes. Every little thing that annoyed us in the first game appears to be fixed, and even the stuff that was great, such as the enjoyable hack-and-slash combat and the strong story, seem far improved.

While the combat itself is very familiar, as someone who recently dived into Fallen Order, it's plain to see throughout my time with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor that just about everything has been built upon, with new Force abilities, additional stances, a wealth of cosmetic customization options, and the introduction of new means of traversal added in too. This game feels bigger in every sense, and just as I used the Bilemaw to take out my foes instead of attacking them head-on, the new powers have been brought in to encourage different approaches in combat.  

oybZyaTye9sbZMJQwZLrQ4-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Cal's "not a Jedi Knight," but he's also not a Padawan anymore

While many sequels are prepared to bump their characters' power levels right back down, Fallen Order is all about Cal's journey to repair his relationship with the Force. In an interview with GamesRadar+ accompanying our Star Wars Jedi: Survivor preview, design director Jason de Heras and senior director of production Kasumi Shishido explain how they balanced the need to start afresh with the baseline of Cal's abilities.

"We knew we wanted his skills to continue in Survivor, and that was one of the challenges," explains de Heras. Enemies had to be made "challenging," but Cal still needed his existing powers. "We had to kind of tweak enemies to handle his new powers" - the Force push and pull that you gain during Fallen Order - "from the start."

"We don't want to take away those moves, because they feel good. You can't go backwards, and feel like a Padawan. It has to feel that the power level is the same, but also, you have to reach another level."

035788e76b993571a57de9f9d2a69d04.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor gameplay shows off an expanded set of mechanics and extensive customization

An intriguing element I barely rubbed up against seems to be a base-building component of some sort. As you progress the story on Koboh you unlock a shop and a few other points of interest, along with a hint saying you can come back to this space and expand it over time. I’m super curious about this part and how deep or bountiful it gets, but sadly I spent less time pushing the story forward and more time getting my ass kicked inside out by a Rancor.

Fallen Order had its secrets and optional discoveries, but Survivor stomps on the gas towards Tomb Raider territory. After the opening moments in Koboh leading up to reuniting with Greez, you find yourself in a wide open space with not much stopping you from wandering around. It isn’t quite “open world” levels of bloat and scavenging, but you can uncover things called “Rumors” that send you on substantial side quests with bespoke dungeon-like challenges. And in this preview’s case, a Rancor.

jedisurvivorheader.png
WWW.GAMEDEVELOPER.COM

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor might be the biggest game to date from Respawn Entertainment. Here's what we saw during a recent preview and chat with the devs.

From the game's early hours, there's more of an element of frontierism within Survivor, which is in step with the expanded scope of the sequel. There's more focus on uncovering the past and finding lost aspects of ancient history. This aspect is also reflected in Cal Kestis, who is a more seasoned Jedi Knight and experienced adventurer. In addition to learning new Jedi powers, such as the classic Jedi Mind Trick, Cal can swap between different lightsaber stances during a fight, changing tactics and weaving between unique move sets and abilities with ease.

star-wars-jedi-survivor.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

Wccftech recently attended a 3-hour preview session for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, going hands-on with Cal Kestis in his first hours on Koboh.

Our PC preview session began with a brief rundown of the various systems that we would be able to interact with during three hours to freely run around the planet of Koboh shortly after escaping from a planet commonly referenced within the main Star Wars universe and making an emergency crash landing, events that encompass the first opening hour of gameplay. This distant planet just so happens to be where Greez, a notable ally from the original game whose height was outmatched by his sarcastic wit, has set up shop with the main cantina in town: Pyloon’s Saloon. This same Greez just so happens to have the parts necessary to make Cal Kestis’ ship, the Mantis, skyworthy once more but it won’t be as simple as knocking on his door and asking for a spare set of hyperdrive components. Five years have been enough time for Greez to change up his wardrobe, giving up his red space jumpsuit for a blue denim leisure suit that fits in with his space Italian identity and sideburns that have grown out long enough to be braided at the sides.

WCCFstarwarsjedisurvivor2-HD-scaled.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

We interviewed Respawn's Jeff Magers and Blair Brown to delve into all the improvements and additions made to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

During an event hosted by EA last week in Los Angeles, Wccftech and other press outlets and creators got to preview one of the year's most anticipated games, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor by Respawn.

Following the hands-on session (you can read my impressions here), I've had the chance to speak with Respawn's Jeff Magers (Design Director) and Blair Brown (Senior Producer) to talk about the key additions and improvements that have been made to this sequel. As a reminder, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is out on April 28th for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series S|X.

jedisurvive.jpg?itok=IaTC7j4L
TECHRAPTOR.NET

We go hands-on for the first ever preview of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - a sequel that's aiming to improve on every facet from its predecessor.

It’s clear right away that there are some changes to the already-established battle system from Fallen Order. The sequel grants you a set of five stances to play around with including a double-bladed stance, a single-blade stance, and a dual-wielding stance right out of the gate– both of which offer different playstyles depending on which you have selected. The double-bladed stance, for example, is highly mobile and better for taking on a group of enemies. The dual-wielding stance by contrast is a full-on offensive style that can overwhelm enemies with powerful lightsaber strikes. Jedi: Survivor expands on the stance system further by introducing the Crossguard and Blaster stances. The former is a powerful stance that deals heavy damage but comes with a long wind-up time, whilst the latter allows Cal to take aim at long-range opponents. The best part? You can map these stances on the controller to switch them in real-time. This comes as a marked improvement from the first title, which only offered up two stances to players throughout the course of its story.

sdZyYFV375da3v8njS6vjY.jpg?itok=3qKogpTr
TECHRAPTOR.NET

We chat up the Star Wars Jedi: Survivor staff at Respawn to find out just what's new for the big sequel, as well as insight into their relationship with Lucasfilm and development challenges.

With EA and Respawn’s Star Wars Jedi: Survivor on the horizon, we naturally have a lot of questions. The game is shaping up to be a massive expansion and evolution of the systems and scope we saw in Fallen Order, and that aspect was plenty evident in a recent hands-on demo we had a good amount of time with.

During the event, we had a chance to sit down with members of the development team, including Senior Producer Blair Brown and Design Director Jeff Magers, for a quick chat on what players can expect going into the sequel and the challenges faced when creating the next big thing for the Star Wars universe.

jedisurvivorbigpic.jpg
WWW.RPGSITE.NET

Cal Kestis' next adventure appears to expand upon everything that already made Fallen Order great

From the word go during our 4-hour preview, it’s impossible to miss how much the game has already evolved from its predecessor; taking to the workbench aboard the Mantis the number of customization options for your lightsaber alone has been greatly enhanced; not only can you swap out various components to your liking, but you’re even able to change the color associated with each component individually, as well as the amount of polish. Additionally, players can find and equip customization options for Cal’s trusty BD-1 droid in much the same fashion. Within the options menu you’ll be greeted to several facial hair and hairstyle options for Cal; you can mix and match different sections of his clothes this time, too.

survivorpreview.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Jedi: Survivor is shaping up to be an improvement on the original in every single way.

Thankfully, Survivor isn’t just about changing what didn’t work in the original game, it’s also building on its best elements. The Dark Souls-inspired combat was one Fallen Order’s biggest charms, and it returns in full force here with much more depth thanks to new stances and more effective Force powers.

The biggest new addition I got to try out was the Dual Wield stance, which lets Cal use two Lightsabers at once in a “high skill ceiling” style of play. When in this stance, Cal’s attacks are much faster but with a shorter range to them, which makes Cal feel like a glass cannon. At least when he’s not using a new Force power to slow down time and instantly counter anything thrown at him - then he’s more like a regular cannon.

Even without the Blaster and Crossguard stance, which seem like mid-game unlocks, Survivor’s combat already feels a lot more fleshed-out than before, especially when combined with new Force powers like the ability to turn someone on their side and slow down time completely. Every encounter feels unique, which couldn’t be said for Fallen Order. Combine that with Cal being much more agile, and Survivor just feels better to play in every way.

58e3ba22a32e90c4a9167dcca978e38eb01fe1ec
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Respawn’s anticipated sequel is looking to eclipse expectations with enhanced combat, controls, and more.

The game looks stunning and has been optimized to take full advantage of what the PS5 has to offer. When flying around the world with the help of a Belter, a new flying mount, it becomes apparent just how massive and detailed the new worlds Cal will explore are, with looming structures in the distance casting vast shadows, enemies on patrol, and glimpses of the unknown on the horizon. All this is rendered in real-time and detailed regardless of distance. 

“With the PS5, we’re really digging the haptics and what the controller is bringing, and it’s been a lot of fun to see how that works with push and pull [Force powers],” said Asmussen. “And a [DualSense] controller, it feels really good, and we’re taking advantage of that. You’re going to feel it on the triggers when you’re doing push and pull. If you really [push] on the triggers, it’s going to give a different response. Compared to if you’re lightly feathering them, and the game is going to react to that. It’s the nuance within the vibrations on the controller that is pretty outstanding. Our audio team and our combat team is really dialed into how the things that are happening in the world, the effects, and everything that are like translating to how it feels in your hands.”

4120939-1.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

In Cal Kestis' next adventure, he uncovers a plot connected to the days of The High Republic.

Cal starts out with all the abilities and equipment he unlocked during the last game, giving you access to a double-bladed lightsaber that can also be wielded as a single-bladed saber or split into twin sabers. Each of these three combat styles has its own strengths and weaknesses--Cal can more easily focus on dealing quick and powerful hits to a single target when using the Dual Wield style, for example, while opting for the Double-Bladed fighting style makes it easier to deal with larger crowds. Survivor adds two new styles: Crossguard (slow, but powerful) and Blaster (ranged), but they weren't a part of the demo I played.

Though I think all these lightsaber fighting styles look cool in motion, the demo didn't make a good case for why the game features so many of them. I never encountered a situation where I needed the wider swings of the Doubled-Bladed style nor did I meet an enemy that moved so quickly that I felt the need to switch to Dual Wield. After trying out the three starting styles in the first 15 minutes, I switched to the default single-bladed style and never went back.

This feels more like an issue with enemy design, at least in this limited early chapter of the game. There's a healthy variety of enemy types in Survivor--shield-wielding foes who can more easily block your attacks, for instance, and agile assassins with blades of their own who can go toe-to-toe with Cal--but there aren't any that have resistance or immunity to specific lightsaber styles (of what I saw, anyway). At least in terms of lightsaber styles, Survivor isn't encouraging you to evolve and adapt fight-to-fight. There are enemies who better respond to certain Force powers--some foes can fight against being Force Pulled or Pushed, for example--but most fights play out the same since the lightsaber is how you mostly deal damage and there doesn't seem to be anything encouraging you to switch up your style in the moment-to-moment skirmishes.

It's hard to not compare Survivor to other games where the main character's arsenal features a singular weapon that can change forms to flavor combat on the fly, like Metroid Prime, or multiple weapons where each serves a unique purpose, like God of War: Ragnarök. Survivor doesn't seem to stand up to such comparisons with its peers if the three hours I played are any indication. Hopefully, enemy design and combat scenarios further evolve in later chapters to better sell why it's worth putting in the effort to learn the different combos for all five styles. Otherwise, I'm not sure why the game provides as much choice as it does. It doesn't seem worth spending your time and spreading your ability points across five separate skill trees.

• Like 1

More GoW than Dark Souls sound very good to me. Happy to hear that one of the battle stances will let you cancel attack animations.

Enemies still take too much damage for my taste, but overall this one is looking better to me than it's predecessor.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

More GoW than Dark Souls sound very good to me. Happy to hear that one of the battle stances will let you cancel attack animations.

Enemies still take too much damage for my taste, but overall this one is looking better to me than it's predecessor.

I disagree on that. I’d rather it be more Dark Souls but whatever. I’m not thrilled about having to play multiple characters either. Biggest turnoff in games for me is forcing me to play as sidekicks while I’m trying to focus on building the protagonist. It just ruins the flow of the game for me. I’m going to have to keep my eye on this one…..pffft I’ll probably still get it. 

26 minutes ago, nublood said:

I disagree on that. I’d rather it be more Dark Souls but whatever. I’m not thrilled about having to play multiple characters either. Biggest turnoff in games for me is forcing me to play as sidekicks while I’m trying to focus on building the protagonist. It just ruins the flow of the game for me. I’m going to have to keep my eye on this one…..pffft I’ll probably still get it. 

You've read something I haven't -- which other player to you play as?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: many hands-on preview articles/videos posted

Even more hands-on previews:

90145900-d22c-11ed-bfd5-202d275e6d7c.cf.
WWW.ENGADGET.COM

Engadget got a chance to play Star Wars Jedi: Survivor before the game's April 28th release date..

Right from the start, Jedi: Survivor feels like a more refined Jedi: Fallen Order. The preview began on Koboh, one of the first planets players will visit when they get their hands on the game later this month. Exploring Koboh is immediately compelling since Cal has all the abilities he rediscovered by the end of Jedi: Fallen Order, plus a new grappling hook for quickly traversing across some gaps. Cal also feels more satisfying to control, as there’s more weight and precision to his movements. When he jumps, he doesn’t float the way he did in Jedi: Fallen Order. In combat, Cal feels more deadly and proficient with his lightsaber.

“Cal has a bit of swagger now, and that was intentional. We wanted the player to feel that,” Game Director Stig Asmussen tells me during a break from the preview. “Keep in mind [Jedi: Fallen Order] was the first time for us,” he says. Before Jedi: Fallen Order, those who worked at the studio were best known for creating first-person shooters like Titanfall and Call of Duty. “We were learning while we were making that game – we’re still learning – but as we were building it, we got better at building it.”

js-splash-1.jpg?auto=webp&fit=crop&heigh
WWW.CNET.COM

A hands-on preview of the next adventure with our favorite red-haired Jedi and his faithful droid.

Respawn has refined a lot of the looser elements in Jedi: Survivor, streamlining exploration to make for easier return trips to planets and expanding combat playstyles while adding lots of depth to the skill trees and character customization options. It's Fallen Order taken to the next level in many ways.

That means it doesn't take any dramatically new strides, at least as far as I could tell from the preview. If you were hoping for even tighter combat with parrying and timing to match games like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, you may be disappointed. But that's also what sets Respawn's Star Wars games apart, Asmussen says -- that you can bump up the difficulty for a precision experience or drop it down for a more relaxed, "sloppy" style of play.

calheader.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

We spent three hours playing Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and came away impressed by Respawn's follow-up adventure.

One of the big improvements to the combat of this game is the addition of new, fully-featured lightsaber stances. The balanced single-saber stance and the crowd-control-focused double-blade stance from the first game return, but I was most excited to get my hands on the new twin-saber stance, where Cal wields a lightsaber in each hand. The twin-saber stance made an appearance in Fallen Order but was not fully fleshed out. It is in Survivor, and it provides a focus on aggression and offense. After my demo, I also get a glimpse of a stance where Cal wields both a lightsaber and a blaster.

The combat feels familiar, but that’s by design. “We saw the reaction from the players and it was good, so we didn’t want to take what we had and completely bust it up,” he says. “We wanted to build it up, and that’s exactly what we did. It was kind of easy for us – the things people were asking for were things that we wanted to do as well.”

star-wars-jedi-survivor-tower-cantina.jp
WWW.PLAYSTATIONLIFESTYLE.NET

We got our hands on Star Wars Jedi Survivor recently, ahead of the game's new April 28, 2023 launch. Find out why you may not want to miss this sequel!

There are five levels of difficulty to choose from, which can be freely switched at any time. A new Jedi Padawan mode sits between the absolute non-challenge that is Story Mode and the more average Jedi Knight level, to give players an occasional challenge without throwing insurmountable foes at them. Certain boss fights can be particularly tough, so being able to change the difficulty on the fly will no doubt help some players who don’t want to spend the extra time repeating a fight over and over. The Souls-like meditation circles are back in Jedi: Survivor, which allow you to manage skills, change stance loadouts, fast travel to other meditation circles, and heal. That last option does completely fill up Cal’s health and force bars, along with restoring BD-1’s stimpaks for healing in the field, but it also respawns all enemies.

Combat in Jedi: Survivor is melee-focused. While Cal is a Jedi and can wield the Force with ease, ultimately his use of those powers is limited by a Force meter and is used as an assist to get the upper hand against his enemies as he slices them up with his trusty lightsaber. After our hands-on time with the game, we were treated to a live demonstration by a member of the combat design team of just what was possible with mastery of the various mechanics available to the player. Think taking out groups of Stormtroopers in one fell swoop, or juggling enemies with a combination of Force moves, and even an occasional hit from a blaster. It’ll probably take several hours for any player to rise to that level of competence, but it all looked so smoothly animated you couldn’t help but be impressed with the options on display.

Star-Wars-Jedi-Survivor-preview.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Rather than seeking to reinvent the wheel, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor doubles down and expands on everything that made Fallen Order shine.

Upon landing in Koboh at the start of the preview, one thing became clear – Survivor is a much livelier game than the previous entry. Be it the wildlife on the ground below to winged beasts in the sky, or the far more prevalent and varied NPCs encountered along the way, Koboh felt like a living space. This is in contrast to many locations in Fallen Order that restricted much of the engagement purely to a smaller landing area.

That liveliness in Survivor only grew more prevalent upon stepping foot in Rambler’s Reach, a local outpost filled to the brim with fascinating characters and thus, overflowing with storytelling opportunities. It’s this location that left me most impressed out of everything we saw. In fact, while others near me were able to finish the main path in the demo, I didn’t keep up as I spent a good chunk of my hands-on time simply soaking up the atmosphere in town. There’s nothing remotely close we can compare it to in Fallen Order. This fulfills the fantasy of going to the Mos Eisley Cantina and interacting with the diverse clientele of characters.

Holy cow - I've NEVER seen so many previews for a game before :shock:

If you sort the Google search for "Jedi: Survivor" by date, the first 15 pages of news articles are related to today's previews!

Needless to say, I ain't gonna post 'em all - I'm sure that if you have a favorite gaming news site, they've posted a preview article.

26 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Wow. Make me look bad by editing my post of 1 preview, with 20 bajillion previews. 

I do have to wonder if the sheer volume of previews could be an indicator that the pre-order numbers are a bit "soft" so EA felt compelled to get as much positive coverage as possible.

• Halal 2

Multiple characters makes it sound like GOW 2022 which was way too fucking long for what it is with massively uneven gameplay instead of GOW 2018 which was basically perfect. I'm probably still gonna get it though. 

Looks like I'm gonna be dumb and get Dead Island 2, this, Redfall ("free") and the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster within like 3 weeks. Yeah I can't keep up with all that. 

28 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Multiple characters makes it sound like GOW 2022 which was way too fucking long for what it is with massively uneven gameplay instead of GOW 2018 which was basically perfect. I'm probably still gonna get it though. 

Looks like I'm gonna be dumb and get Dead Island 2, this, Redfall ("free") and the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster within like 3 weeks. Yeah I can't keep up with all that. 

While I somewhat agree with GOW2 compared to GOW1, I don’t think the second character was at fault. That was in some ways a saving grace for the game not feeling over stuffed by injecting some variety and keeping things more fresh. They could have cut some, but I would cut some climbing and wall sliding instead. And pace the massive side quests better. I think a modern GOW could be as long as GOW2 is, if it were paced better.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 28 April 2023) - Information Thread, update: Final Gameplay Trailer