Andor (Disney+) - update: Season 2 filming has wrapped

On 2/19/2023 at 12:14 AM, EternallDarkness said:

Finally gave Andor another try. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it when it first came out. I watched the first couple of episodes but it was going to annoy me that I couldn't binge the entire thing so I decided to wait for all the episodes to be out and then I've honestly totally forgot about it :lol: but just watched the first three episodes now...will likely spend tomorrow watching the rest of it. 

The best is yet to come.

On 2/19/2023 at 12:14 AM, EternallDarkness said:

Finally gave Andor another try. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it when it first came out. I watched the first couple of episodes but it was going to annoy me that I couldn't binge the entire thing so I decided to wait for all the episodes to be out and then I've honestly totally forgot about it :lol: but just watched the first three episodes now...will likely spend tomorrow watching the rest of it. 

Be sure to let us know what ya think when you finish it up!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this. I think it's the best Star Wars media since the OT. Does a great job.of showing how rebellions really happen, and why. People don't take up arms because evil is bad, they do it because of events that affect them, such as a loved one being killed/imprisoned, etc. Show also does a great job of showing the grey area of fighting evil.

I can't even think of any real flaws to the show, it was all outstanding. One Way Out was the most gripping episode of TV I've seen in years. And the moment when Andor and Kino make it to the edge and Kino reveals he can't swim...damn. My wife and I were both crying. It sounds like Kino might return, but what an amazing arc and performance by Serkis.

• Like 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

I keep coming back to Andor and how powerful it was. The funeral march in particular was so meaningful, and perhaps the most intimate look we've had at a culture within Star Wars, as well as how traditions and rituals matter in politics and rebellion. Best and only copy of the actual scene I could find. Music is so great as well:

I just started watching this, I had been pretty burned on Star Wars, and even though RO is my favorite Star wars movie after the OT, I just never bothered. But after Jedi: Survivor, I decided I wanted more and jumped in to this. I'm only three episodes in, but this show is incredible!

Don't want to give too many thoughts before I see it all, but the moment to moment storytelling, both environmental, and writing wise, is incredible. The cinematography is beautiful, some of the shots are just stunning (I have similar praise for a lot of the shots in Jedi: Survivor, but that doesn't tell a story anywhere near this). You can just feel the weight of everything starting to crush Cassian. I get more an more stressed as the story moves forward, and so far there's no release from it. It just piles on like 

The incel super soldier does his job of making me hate him so damn well. 

Diego Luna is one of the most talented actors in Hollywood and isn't in nearly enough stuff. 

I have a crush on Bix. <3

My only complaint so far is some of the Kenari stuff, but i'm sure it is going somewhere. Him exploring the ship seemed a weird way to start the 3rd episode, but also, none of it is bad in any way, 

• Halal 2

On 5/3/2023 at 10:07 PM, SuperSpreader said:

Andor is the best Star Wars anything ever done. 

I think I agree. Though the OT is hard to beat because of a combo of nostalgia and the world it created, I think Andor does a better job of actually telling a complicated story. In the OT, good is good and evil is evil, but we know that's not really true. Plus, Andor is premium-grade TV. Makes the other Disney+ series look like fan content in comparison.

My current rankings, I think:

• Andor
  • ESB/ANH
  • ROTJ
  • TLJ
  • Rogue One
  • TFA
  • Spaceballs
  • Mandalorian
  • TPM 
  • ROTS
  • AOTC
  • TROS

48 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think I agree. Though the OT is hard to beat because of a combo of nostalgia and the world it created, I think Andor does a better job of actually telling a complicated story. In the OT, good is good and evil is evil, but we know that's not really true. Plus, Andor is premium-grade TV. Makes the other Disney+ series look like fan content in comparison.

My current rankings, I think:

• Andor
  • ESB/ANH
  • ROTJ
  • TLJ
  • Rogue One
  • TFA
  • Spaceballs
  • Mandalorian
  • TPM 
  • ROTS
  • AOTC
  • TROS
  1. Andor
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Rogue One
  4. AntMan 3
  5. ROTJ
  6. Spaceballs 
  7. ESB
  8. TFA
  9. ANH
  10. TPM
  11. ROTS
  12. TLJ
  13. AOTC
  14. TROS

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:
  1. Andor
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Rogue One
  4. AntMan 3
  5. ROTJ
  6. Spaceballs 
  7. ESB
  8. TFA
  9. ANH
  10. TPM
  11. ROTS
  12. TLJ
  13. AOTC
  14. TROS

That's an awful list. ESB is better than all of those. ANH is also better tan RoTJ or TFA. Rogue One is behind all of the OT. 

• Halal 1

48 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Spaceballs I get. Ranking a Star Wars parody above some Star Wars movies is funny. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I hate it

Hey Galaxy Quest is a better Star Trek movie than some Star Trek movies.

• Sicko Sherman 1

• 9 months later...
COLLIDER.COM

Diego Luna shared a heartfelt message about the series and the crew to mark the ocassion.

Today, Diego Luna took to social media to make a very important announcement to Star Wars fans. After pausing filming in 2023 due to the double strike, Andor resumed production recently and it seems like principal photography of Season 2 is over. This is according to an Instagram post by Luna suggests, and the actor celebrated the work that he and the rest of the team managed to pull off over the last couple of years in a heartfelt post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Andor (Disney+) - update: Season 2 filming has wrapped