Andor (Disney+) - update: Season 2 filming has wrapped

19 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Hah! 

Anton Lesser (Partagaz) also plays a similar role in "1899".

Partagaz could play M, Control, any spymaster. He's so good in that role of being a professorial spymaster. He really reminds me of what I think Jesus James Angleton would have been (minus the wild conspiracies).

On 11/27/2022 at 12:54 AM, ort said:
PGM-FF-004755C-1.jpg?w=1600&h=900&crop=1
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

‘Andor’ showrunner Tony Gilroy tells all about making season 1 of ‘Andor’ (including episode 10's spectacular prison break), responds to critics, previews Season 2 and much, much more

Tony Gilroy confirmed to Variety that he's a listener of Mike Duncan's "Revolutions" podcast series:

FhO2UhCWIAc5KQc?format=jpg&name=900x900

6a01053629a711970c01b7c95890bb970b-220si
THEHISTORYOFROME.TYPEPAD.COM

A weekly podcasting exploring great political revolutions. Now: The Russian Revolution Next: ???

On 11/23/2022 at 9:37 AM, CayceG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mon Mothma throwing Perrin under the bus about his supposed gambling is DELICIOUS. She's setting him up to be the source of her missing funds. GOD that rocks so hard. 

Reveal hidden contents

Nemik's narration of his manifesto is moving and inspiring. And it's heartening to see Cassian listening to it. I do love seeing Cassian slowly become pilled by Theory. 

Reveal hidden contents

Stone and Sky is one of the more moving set pieces in the show, I think. But Maarva's self-eulogy/speech.... holy shit. 

But this was Maarva's PLAN. She stopped taking her meds and her intention was to die to deliver that speech in a setting where the entirety of Ferrix was gathered and watching. She's wonderful. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hey! There's an after-credit  sequence! 

Finally, an answer to what those things they were making in the prison was!

Spoiler

On 11/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, GeneticBlueprint said:

What do you think they were building in the prison? The hexagonal shape makes me think they're constructing the outer shell components of the Death Star. Cassian helped build what ultimately kills him.

11 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Well done!

On the one hand, it's obvious, right? On the other, it didn't matter really. It didn't feel like a nod to "hey, there's that obviously Star Wars-y thing!" like so many shows/movies have. It was very poetic and it fit. 

I think it matters precisely because of the poetic nature of it. Just another layer on his death that makes it a tad bit more sad.

• Halal 2

Thinking about it more, I'm really interested to see what happens with Mon Mothma in season 2. All the scenes with and about her were solid but I don't know that the payoff we got in this season justified the time spent with her, mostly in comparison with the other characters.

Also low key really hoping that in season 2 we finally see Bothans on screen in the canon :p

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Thinking about it more, I'm really interested to see what happens with Mon Mothma in season 2. All the scenes with and about her were solid but I don't know that the payoff we got in this season justified the time spent with her, mostly in comparison with the other characters.

Also low key really hoping that in season 2 we finally see Bothans on screen in the canon :p

Well, the Bothans died for the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, not the first Death Star in A New Hope (that was Rogue One), so not sure they'll get to any Bothans. That'd have to be a movie or show that takes place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, presumably (with Mon Mothma I'd hope!), not a show leading up to Rogue One/A New Hope.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Well, the Bothans died for the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, not the first Death Star in A New Hope (that was Rogue One), so not sure they'll get to any Bothans. That'd have to be a movie or show that takes place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, presumably (with Mon Mothma I'd hope!), not a show leading up to Rogue One/A New Hope.

I’m a simple man, I just want live action Bothans and the Mon Mothma connection seems like the best shot. :p

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finsihed this over the weekend and was blown away.  Folks here know my feelings about Rogue One but this show actually makes that movie better in my opinion and it definitely deserves some awards recognition specifically for Andy Serkis and Stellan Skarsgard. Two of the best performances I've seen in anything this year. Such a great show.

• Halal 2

On 11/30/2022 at 11:55 AM, Greatoneshere said:

I too would very much enjoy seeing not only the Bothans, but the whole group of Rebels on Yavin 4 packing up immediately following the Death Star's destruction and all that goes into ... oh wait they kinda did that in the one which will not be named done by the guy that needs to stick to Knives Out productions!

I finally just finished it, and it honestly might be my favorite show of all time. Everything about it was enthralling...The look at what everyday life would be like under the Empire, the look to their bureaucracy and police state, the moral ambiguity of rebellion, the spycraft, introducing literary/political theory into the lore, the acting, the set design, the costume design, the writing, the score, the cinematography, every single element elicited nothing but the utmost glee. I'm sure a professional critic could level valid criticism to one or more portions of the show, and my counter to that would be fuck that noise, this show absolutely ruled. It's trite to call it 'Star Wars for adults' but it well and truly is, and I loved every second of it.

• Shocked 1

On 11/12/2022 at 7:05 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And that speech by Skarsgård...I really don't think any description I could provide would even remotely do it justice at all!

Luthen's speech and the manifesto are two things I never could have imagined could be written in a Star Wars story, and both actually moved me emotionally!

• Halal 1

30 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Luthen's speech and the manifesto are two things I never could have imagined could be written in a Star Wars story, and both actually moved me emotionally!

SAME. They were so out of left field, so perfectly fitting inside the show, and so totally for ME SPECIFICALLY.

• Halal 1

On 11/24/2022 at 1:28 PM, CayceG said:

I'm very glad someone made this video. 

This is so spectacular. 

I finally just finished and I’m so unbelievably moved. Never did I think Star Wars would be a thing where I just sit and stare at the blank screen even after the credits are finished. The show itself was so utterly brilliant. This thread has pretty much covered all the reasons why. But I can’t remember the last time created so much genuine and earned tension. So many moments and such a journey from Episode 1 to 12. And that final funeral speech. My god that speech. I’m so thankful for this show, and I hope it gains legs through word of mouth and we get more like this. I don’t want laser swords, hand lightning and space dog fights to go away. But I want so much more of this as well. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:26 PM, Mercury33 said:

This is so spectacular. 

I finally just finished and I’m so unbelievably moved. Never did I think Star Wars would be a thing where I just sit and stare at the blank screen even after the credits are finished. The show itself was so utterly brilliant. This thread has pretty much covered all the reasons why. But I can’t remember the last time created so much genuine and earned tension. So many moments and such a journey from Episode 1 to 12. And that final funeral speech. My god that speech. I’m so thankful for this show, and I hope it gains legs through word of mouth and we get more like this. I don’t want laser swords, hand lightning and space dog fights to go away. But I want so much more of this as well. 

Indeed, Star Wars can - and should - have both.  

• Halal 1

• 1 month later...

Finally gave Andor another try. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it when it first came out. I watched the first couple of episodes but it was going to annoy me that I couldn't binge the entire thing so I decided to wait for all the episodes to be out and then I've honestly totally forgot about it :lol: but just watched the first three episodes now...will likely spend tomorrow watching the rest of it. 

• Like 1