Andor (Disney+) - update: Season 2 filming has wrapped

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It truly was a fantastic episode with the the various threads that are being weaved, even if we already know the ultimate end for one of them.

I thought this was a damned good article that articulates why I think this particular Star Wars series has such resonance with so many of us::

PGM_FF_000915.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Forget the Force, get pissed instead

I read the same article on Polygon yesterday and I completely agree. The Rebellion needs to be angry. Fascism is winning. Hope is dying. The closest we got to that previously is arguably Rogue One, Jyn Erso was one understandably pissed person, though ultimately for personal reasons. As the article says, Andor widens that considerably on a macro scale.

Another fantastic table-setting episode - next week's episode is gonna be good. One small detail I love is how threatening TIE fighters' sound design sounds again when they screech close to the ground when flying. And that one shot of an three-winged Imperial officer ship flying in the background against the horizon was incredibly threatening and ominous as the Rebels are arguing in the foreground - love it.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

The tension is mounting for sure & the heist next week I'm guessing is going to be balls out spectacular! Also, still giving props to Ebon Moss Bachrach (loved him in 'The Bear'!) so yeah just really digging this show. I feel as though it has no stakes and yet ALL the stakes all at the same time. Even went as far as to re-watch 'Rogue One' this past weekend to get a touchstone of the Andor character and yeah, this show is definitely gearing up for some fantastical things going forward.

I LOVED the new episode. The moments of conflict and resolution were great. And the fact that they have a kid that's way too into political theory! OH! How I loved it. 

Luthen Rael has organized the Star Wars universe version of 'expropriation' in order to begin funding a proper rebellion. 

They're basically doing the Star Wars version of this. 

Holy fuck this show is good. I cannot wait until next week!

• Halal 2

Finally watched tonight and Disney+ was giving me issue. I got issues to start, then crashes at 12 minutes in and then the episode over. That 12min mark to the end of the episode just flew by. So you know it’s fucking good when you can believe 40+mins have flown by. Plus I’m just loving the music for the episodes, so epic/dramatic and yet completely different from other Star Wars shows

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Oh my fucking god

Oh my fucking god

Oh my fucking god

Oh my fucking god

Oh my fucking god

Oh my fucking god

That episode was insane. I'm desperate to see next week's. 

This was basically my response and my wife's as well. Beautiful fucking heist (the Eye!). The way the episode starts so slowly, and then the music finally kicks in, then picks up the pace. The tension rose suddenly and considerably. We got the episode the previous 5 episodes promised. Also, let's note a Disney+ show that takes place in Star Wars had the ostensible heroes, the "Rebels" point a gun at a child's head as leverage against the Colonel pointing a gun at them, and the camera held the shot. In another sequence, an Imperial officer offhandedly makes a sleazy comment that's either racist, sexist (rapey, I'd say), or both. That surprised me. Great episode.

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

This was basically my response and my wife's as well. Beautiful fucking heist (the Eye!). The way the episode starts so slowly, and then the music finally kicks in, then picks up the pace. The tension rose suddenly and considerably. We got the episode the previous 5 episodes promised. Also, let's note a Disney+ show that takes place in Star Wars had the ostensible heroes, the "Rebels" point a gun at a child's head as leverage against the Colonel pointing a gun at them, and the camera held the shot. In another sequence, an Imperial officer offhandedly makes a sleazy comment that's either racist, sexist (rapey, I'd say), or both. That surprised me. Great episode.

Everything you mentioned stood out to me too. 

The Eye looked sweet as hell. They did a great job with that. I also noticed at the beginning of he episode when the main officers were talking that a console on the left tracked the planet's position with respect to the asteroid belt that forms The Eye. Kinda like the Death Star tracking console the rebels used at Yavin. I thought that was a nice touch. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Another excellent world building episode. It is still so refreshing to see so many different, previously unseen sides of the Star Wars universe, but with real depth and real characters. I side with Luthen that slow fascism will win unless the people are shaken out of their apathy, and we know the Empire will never willingly cede any sort of power or control, so it's time to get things rolling. Really enjoying the Dedra stuff and Syril stuff a lot too.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So, without spoiling, is this something I should watch? I've seen some very positive impressions online.

Yes. YES. 

If you enjoyed Star Wars Rebels and Rogue One, this is absolute must watch TV. And even outside of that, this is REALLY GOOD TV from a character and atmosphere perspective. There's tons of intrigue and slow methodical development of the characters. In a vacuum it's amazing. As a Star Wars that fits in the universe as a more "adult" expression, it's phenomenal. 

• Thanks 1

Today's episode was soooo good. This is just prestige TV at this point, Star Wars is wonderful window dressing used to excellent effect. The Empire is making the passive Cassian into a rebel that they'll forever regret and they don't even know it.

Also Andy Serkis and Forest Whitaker (back as Saw Garrera!). It was nice to see the debate about how the Rebellion isn't some monolithic group. This show is going to make Rogue One retroactively even better than it was.

• Halal 2

Just finished. 

I couldn't imagine the heist episode being topped for tension, let alone in an episode where "nothing" happens. The prison scenes had my gut in knots and my anxiety high. Luthen and Saw's conversation was so short but so full of meaning and struggle. But that one conversation only deepens Saw's character for me and, as an anarchist myself, endears him to me! The conversation with Vel and Cinta was heavy too in different ways. 

The idea of the Imperials commandeering a hotel and disappearing people into it for interrogation and who knows what else is such an echo of real life. Same with the prison scenes and all that went on there. 

The Mandalorian is a fun serialized romp through the Star Wars universe telling comic book stories. I love it. But Andor has rocketed to maybe the best Star Wars TV show ever by miles. 

• Like 2
  • Halal 3

Just finished the latest two episodes. Nothing in this show is filler. All the threads are interesting. I like seeing the imperial perspective too (actor playing qyburn from GoT perfectly casted). And since sometimes there isn’t a lot of action, when it happens the tension is amped. In this narrow way it reminds me of The Americans. There are build ups and developments and when an action sequence does occur, it makes it that much more intense and meaningful. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

You thought the Mind Probe droid Vader used on Leia was menacing?

And that the scan grid they strapped Han to in Cloud City was brutal?

Well...

Having what amounts to a fucking Nazi doctor supervise the torture of a prisoner is absolutely CHILLING. Especially the method and the psychological aspects. 

• Like 1