Bo Jackson was UNREAL in his prime.

CastletonSnob

38 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I remember in his 30 for 30 special he said that he didn't even really work out that much in his prime beyond just playing. He's just a genetic freak.

There's winning the genetic lottery, and then there's hitting triple 7s on the genetic slot machine. Bo Jackson was the latter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 6:01 PM, Fizzzzle said:

I remember in his 30 for 30 special he said that he didn't even really work out that much in his prime beyond just playing. He's just a genetic freak.

C'mon, he didn't work out that much, but they were all using steroids. It didn't just start with Sosa and McGuire. He's a genetic freak using the same advantages as the rest. But I don't think he should be knocked for it, either. Its like people who talk about  other great athletes like Armstrong. You can complain, but they were all doing it.

No doubt he is truly one of the all time great athletes though. Allstar in two sports is an incredible accomplishment. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

C'mon, he didn't work out that much, but they were all using steroids. It didn't just start with Sosa and McGuire. He's a genetic freak using the same advantages as the rest. But I don't think he should be knocked for it, either. Its like people who talk about  other great athletes like Armstrong. You can complain, but they were all doing it.

No doubt he is truly one of the all time great athletes though. Allstar in two sports is an incredible accomplishment. 

Oh, I don't mind at all. People think steroids are a cheat code, they're not.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Oh, I don't mind at all. People think steroids are a cheat code, they're not.

Agreed. In fact I think it made baseball far better. 

And football if we're being honest. 

I just think that when it comes to PED use, we ignore it if they weren't caught (but it's still obvious), and treat it like its magical talent in a bottle when they are. 

Armstrong, for instance. One year he won, they had to go almost all the way back to 20th to find someone who didn't dope.