She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Trailer/Aug 18th Release)

On 8/19/2022 at 11:27 AM, sblfilms said:

Amusingly, Fizz's post makes me more interested because I am pretty well tired of the standard super hero origin story. Just get me caught up on who they are with a little exposition and I'm good to go.

She literally looks at the camera and says "it's a lawyer show" lol

• True 1

47 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Anyway we loved it. Lots of laughs and what more could you really demand from a comedy?

And was that what's her name from the good place as the villain?

Yes, that was Jameela Jamil as Titania.

298814276_407788277898932_87632572462104
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

She-Hulk shared a post on Instagram: "Meet Titania aka influencer aka courtroom wall breaker Marvel Studios’ #SheHulk: Attorney at Law, an Original series, starts streaming...

We might see more of her and sounds like she's going to be live streaming her crimes.

Random aside. Can I mention, that I can't read the title of this series without thinking of the greatest courtroom drama of the last few decades?

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

In just one episode, this is easily one of the better D+ marvel shows. I legit don’t get the complaints.

Incel backlash probably. Show is "too woke" She-Hulk is more powerful than he-hulk, etc.

I had the unfortunate displeasure of stumbling upon some comments about the new DOTA season, someone is mad it's "woke" and Mirana is powerful. 🤦‍♂️

• Halal 1

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Incel backlash probably. Show is "too woke" She-Hulk is more powerful than he-hulk, etc.

I had the unfortunate displeasure of stumbling upon some comments about the new DOTA season, someone is mad it's "woke" and Mirana is powerful. 🤦‍♂️

Did you listen to his complaints and go, "...maaaannnnn... you're a fucking loser"

Side note, the subtitles were REALLY bad. Between a bit of hearing loss and bad audio mixes that wash out dialog I usually keep subtitles on so I can just glance down if I'm having trouble understanding the audio, and here the subtitles were so different from the actual spoken words that I turned them off because it was getting distracting how different they were.

Like, I guess it wasn't anything that meaningfully altered what was being said, but it's just distracting when there's just blatant mismatch.

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Side note, the subtitles were REALLY bad. Between a bit of hearing loss and bad audio mixes that wash out dialog I usually keep subtitles on so I can just glance down if I'm having trouble understanding the audio, and here the subtitles were so different from the actual spoken words that I turned them off because it was getting distracting how different they were.

Like, I guess it wasn't anything that meaningfully altered what was being said, but it's just distracting when there's just blatant mismatch.

If you pirate the episode the subtitles that come with the download were great. Also, if you or anyone else ever needs to add subtitles to a download that didn't come with subtitles, just go to https://subscene.com/ to get any subtitles for pretty much anything ever.

17 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Second episode was fantastic. The fourth wall breaks were well done, the jokes were good, and Tatiana Maskany continues to be great. Next episode should be a lot of fun.

That 4th wall break/laugh from Tatiana when Banner says he's literally a different person got me good.

Man that was short and wanted more. I too enjoyed the different person wink/laugh to the camera. I think that was another hint at Dark Avengers or whatever Blonsky mentioned about he and his 7 other criminal friends who meet. I wonder if Banner will help lead into Secret Invasion by heading off to inform Fury, who is in space last time we check/knew.

9 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Man that was short and wanted more. I too enjoyed the different person wink/laugh to the camera. I think that was another hint at Dark Avengers or whatever Blonsky mentioned about he and his 7 other criminal friends who meet. I wonder if Banner will help lead into Secret Invasion by heading off to inform Fury, who is in space last time we check/knew.

He was definitely talking about the Thunderbolts. I think the current members are...

Valentina yadda yadda

Yelena Belova

Baron Zemo

US Agent

That's four...Ummm...

Ghost

Leader

Ummm...Moon Knight seems like a long shot, but there are the crazy personalities? Punisher? Echo and Taskmaster seem like long shots given where their character arcs are. Actually, Taskmaster might be ripe for the picking and lost after the end of Black Window.

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

Maybe they are introducing hulk's son skaar? It's definitely a ship from sakaar, so maybe he left behind a child he never knew he had during Ragnarok.

Not sure if this needs to go in a spoiler tag, so will do so. Cool to see this acknowledged finally. And that other headline 👀

Spoiler

spacer.png

5 hours ago, jinx8402 said:

Maybe they are introducing hulk's son skaar? It's definitely a ship from sakaar, so maybe he left behind a child he never knew he had during Ragnarok.

Not sure if this needs to go in a spoiler tag, so will do so. Cool to see this acknowledged finally. And that other headline 👀

Hide contents

spacer.png

it’s the line above that I find more intriguing 

Spoiler

they have pretty much confirmed Wolverine is present in the MCU with that man with metal claws in bar fight side note. Plus wasn’t that also the same ship that cause the “accident” in the first episode?

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

She lives in LA but both the old and new job are in NYC? Or is LA just where her parents are?

Her old job was for the DA's office in LA, so her parents are from LA and she lived and worked in LA. New job is still in LA, I thought. I believe the new law firm has offices in NYC, but she's working in their LA office.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

My only complaint is that the CG is distracting.

It's not as bad as I was expecting based on the first trailers. I think there are a few things at play on why She-Hulk looks faker than Hulk. She has smoother skin making her look more computer generated vs Hulk. Also, they gave her pinker lips (lipstick?) so that sticks out more than the greener lips on Hulk. Then, just in general they already had the assets for Hulk, so I would assume they would just re-use those for the show as needed.

42 minutes ago, jinx8402 said:

It's not as bad as I was expecting based on the first trailers. I think there are a few things at play on why She-Hulk looks faker than Hulk. She has smoother skin making her look more computer generated vs Hulk. Also, they gave her pinker lips (lipstick?) so that sticks out more than the greener lips on Hulk. Then, just in general they already had the assets for Hulk, so I would assume they would just re-use those for the show as needed.

In the actual show, I think the only stuff that's stuck out seems mostly like design choices. Her hair and fabric simulations are spot on. I think her skin being so smooth does creep it a little close to uncanny, but Disney managed to avoid the valley enough to keep her from being creepy. That all said, she's still the best looking fully CG character in a TV series. Well, second after Hulk, but that feels like cheating with the decade+ they've had to perfect him.

This is the first episode I really felt the CG was off. Admittedly, her making her way through the office walking around a bunch of people in all that soft lighting must have been a tough shot.

Either way, these episodes are getting better each week. Everyone was so good here. One question, though. If they had the ability to put a working inhibiter on Blonsky, why not have him wear one while in prison?