She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Trailer/Aug 18th Release)

4 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I am SO happy I found The Critical Drinker, dude is hysterical & insightful AF! Please allow me to share the wonder that is this glorious blackout drunkard Scottsman! (who's also a hell of a writer!)

Not gonna nitpick everything, just one thing - There is a 30 year age gap between my oldest and youngest siblings, let alone my oldest and youngest cousins, which is closer to 40 years (oldest cousin was born in '68, I think I have a younger cousin born in '04). That doesn't even raise my eyebrow.

.... Lots of half-siblings.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Not gonna nitpick everything, just one thing - There is a 30 year age gap between my oldest and youngest siblings, let alone my oldest and youngest cousins, which is closer to 40 years (oldest cousin was born in '68, I think I have a younger cousin born in '04). That doesn't even raise my eyebrow.

My brother is like 20 years older than me or something.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah, I have a couple cousins my age are a generation beneath me. My mom was the youngest of 7, spread out over like 25 years, and she was an aunt by the time she was born. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Nope, don't remember. 

It was a throw away line when Spider-Man calls Strange the sorcerer supreme. Because he blipped, Strange was replaced because there must be a sorcerer supreme, and since there can only be one sorcerer supreme at a time, it’s just not him anymore.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It was a throw away line when Spider-Man calls Strange the sorcerer supreme. Because he blipped, Strange was replaced because there must be a sorcerer supreme, and since there can only be one sorcerer supreme at a time, it’s just not him anymore.

Yeah, exactly. It's clearly just a title. Doctor Strange is clearly more powerful than Wong is. It was also a way to chip away at Strange's ego, who would care about something like that.

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah, exactly. It's clearly just a title. Doctor Strange is clearly more powerful than Wong is. It was also a way to chip away at Strange's ego, who would care about something like that.

Also Wong is dope as hell. :p

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Wong is definitely dope, I'm a Wong fan. Probably not as big a fan as the internet seems to be, but I'm down. 

I don't know that I'm ever as big a fan of something as the internet seems to be, from which I take great comfort. :p Possible tame exceptions are the amount of paint I buy compared to the number of minis I paint, and an affinity for ugly, limited edition controllers.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

So they're re-debuting Daredevil in this instead of his own show? I know they don't always go in 100% that things that come out later happen later than things that come out earlier, but hopefully this is a good sign that they're going to spare us from redoing the origin story in the new Daredevil show.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

So they're re-debuting Daredevil in this instead of his own show? I know they don't always go in 100% that things that come out later happen later than things that come out earlier, but hopefully this is a good sign that they're going to spare us from redoing the origin story in the new Daredevil show.

Technically he's already been introduced as Matt Murdock in the MCU. We know he and The Kingpin exist in this universe.

• True 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Technically he's already been introduced as Matt Murdock in the MCU. We know he and The Kingpin exist in this universe.

He was introduced just as Matt the lawyer though (despite the wink wink nod nod with him catching the rock thrown through the window) so there was still room to introduce him becoming Daredevil again. Whereas now they're introducing him as actually definitely already being Daredevil. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

He was introduced just as Matt the lawyer though (despite the wink wink nod nod with him catching the rock thrown through the window) so there was still room to introduce him becoming Daredevil again. Whereas now they're introducing him as actually definitely already being Daredevil. 

I mean yeah, him catching the brick was clearly an indication that he was already Daredevil... also the Netflix shows were technically canon so it's really up to them how much they decide to include from the shows or not. They may or may not tell his origin again... I don't think they will because they didn't even bother to retell Spiderman's origin so i doubt they'll waste much time retelling DD's.

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

She's been breaking the 4th wall since long before it was cool.

Yeah she was breaking the 4th wall in her comics in the 80's. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Eh.... say what you want about the CGI, but like... nothing about that episode was good. It was like fanfiction.

I'm not hopeful that this series will amount to anything, but we'll see. The first episode really didn't establish anything about anybody, it was literally just scene chewing for 30 minutes. Like, they took 30 minutes to tell me that Jen is a Hulk and she got powers from getting in a car crash with Bruce. I don't know anything about her personality. I don't know anything about anything. 75% of the episode was throwback lines and Hulk visual gags.