Jump to content

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Trailer/Aug 18th Release)


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Gonna be the one to say it, pretty damn well checked out on their shows.

Same and the films as well. Really kind of disappointed in myself cause growing up if someone had told me we would get all this content I would of had a stroke. 

 

  • True 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like it could be fun for the right audience.

 

A lot of it kind of reminds me of that Simpsons episode where they spun it off into some lame thing but had some familiar faces show up to keep you engaged.

 

"It's she hulk, but keep your eyes peeled you might see The Hulk in this show!" :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks fun. 
 

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

The CGI on her kind of varies between weirdly flat and just looking like a green version of TOS Klingon makeup.

 

I feel that the CG on most of the Marvel stuff after Eternals (Moon Knight, parts of Strange 2, this) has not looked as cohesive as previous stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I feel that the CG on most of the Marvel stuff after Eternals (Moon Knight, parts of Strange 2, this) has not looked as cohesive as previous stuff. 

 

Pandemic side effects on FX shop output maybe? Or having to go with shittier/multiple FX shops for a production?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

Pandemic side effects on FX shop output maybe? Or having to go with shittier/multiple FX shops for a production?


I honestly have no idea. Strange 2 had a couple obvious “these people probably never met one another” moments that I feel Marvel is usually very good at making NOT obvious, the cameo scene specifically stuck out like this. And like I said in the Moon Knight thread, a couple digital sets jumped out at me there too. 
 

Shang-Chi didn’t seem to have this issue (or I don’t remember it being as obvious) and a bunch of scenes in that must be on digital sets but looked better to me. 
 

Again none of it is bad at all it just feels more obvious to me than it used to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seems fine. i hope this has more of a hawkeye vibe to it. could be a fun show. i worry this is gonna be another 6 episodes? give us more episodes on stuff or turn it into movies ffs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CG looked really bad, like UE5 does better character models in real-time type of bad. Show did not look great in that trailer IMO. I’ll give it a shot because I’ve mostly liked the Marvel D+ shows so far, though I thought Moon Knight was kinda boring and saved solely by Oscar Isaac’s performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tatiana is really talented, so I'm sure I'll at least check out the first episode to get a feel. We grew up in the same neighbourhood (same age) and we actually competed in the city's improv championships in high school. Her team effectively cheated and won, unfortunately, and then went on to win the nationals (not her fault, her coache's). So now every single time she is ever brought up in conversation, I insist that her career could have been mine...including She-Hulk. She's very nice and deserves the success!

 

In terms of my excitement for the show itself...it's odd—I've enjoyed the MCU shows up until now (especially Hawkeye), but I also grow less excited for each one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Tatiana is really talented, so I'm sure I'll at least check out the first episode to get a feel. We grew up in the same neighbourhood (same age) and we actually competed in the city's improv championships in high school. Her team effectively cheated and won, unfortunately, and then went on to win the nationals (not her fault, her coache's). So now every single time she is ever brought up in conversation, I insist that her career could have been mine...including She-Hulk. She's very nice and deserves the success!

 

In terms of my excitement for the show itself...it's odd—I've enjoyed the MCU shows up until now (especially Hawkeye), but I also grow less excited for each one.

 

You went on to make Family Guy and American Dad so I still think you came out ahead.

  • True 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I mean I'll look at Thor L&T as well as GotG3 as I'm anticipating them greatly, but the rest of the phase 4 slate I couldn't care less about.

 

I'm having the exact same feeling. Other than those I'm pretty checked out at this point. Dr. Strange 2 convinced me I'm just not hyped for this anymore.

 

Well, I'll watch the second season of Loki. Friggin loved that show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Tatiana is really talented, so I'm sure I'll at least check out the first episode to get a feel. We grew up in the same neighbourhood (same age) and we actually competed in the city's improv championships in high school. Her team effectively cheated and won, unfortunately, and then went on to win the nationals (not her fault, her coache's). So now every single time she is ever brought up in conversation, I insist that her career could have been mine...including She-Hulk. She's very nice and deserves the success!

 

In terms of my excitement for the show itself...it's odd—I've enjoyed the MCU shows up until now (especially Hawkeye), but I also grow less excited for each one.

 

Cheated how? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

 

Cheated how? 

 

They re-used the same framework for multiple days in a row with different judges. e.g. the game might have been something like "pull an item from a magic hat," and they are given a random item by the judge. So for multiple days in a row (with different judges who hadn't been there before), they would use an identical framework. Something like:

  • Oh wow, we pulled this car from the hat! I will take the car to school and all my friends are impressed. Oh no, I am getting detention because I used the car at school!
  • Oh wow, we pulled this Geiger counter from the hat! I will take the Geiger counter to school and all my friends are impressed. Oh no, I am getting detention because I used the Geiger counter at school!

Essentially the skit was rehearsed and scripted, with just the actual improved item being shoved in with no change to the structure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know She-Hulk isn't a monstrous beast like when Banner becomes Hulk, her transformation is different, but I feel like she should be bigger/buffer/stronger when in Hulk form? I know there have been many different iterations and sometimes she's lean cross-fit buff and more slender but she just seems taller and greener and a little more muscular here. I feel like the transformation should be more stark.

 

I like the character in the comics, I like the 4th wall breaking, etc. Tatiana Maslaney is a great actor. It's just I actually keep up with the MCU and things are starting to get a little out of hand. Dr. Strange 2 was straight up average to me, same with Black Widow. Eternals was great as was Shang-Chi, but still B-tier Marvel. Hawkeye and Moon Knight were engaging enough, but lost steam as they went along in episodes. Even as great as No Way Home was, on rewatch it's a lot of nostalgia drips and barreling plot, it's not like, a great movie in some ways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I know She-Hulk isn't a monstrous beast like when Banner becomes Hulk, her transformation is different, but I feel like she should be bigger/buffer/stronger when in Hulk form? I know there have been many different iterations and sometimes she's lean cross-fit buff and more slender but she just seems taller and greener and a little more muscular here. I feel like the transformation should be more stark.

 

I like the character in the comics, I like the 4th wall breaking, etc. Tatiana Maslaney is a great actor. It's just I actually keep up with the MCU and things are starting to get a little out of hand. Dr. Strange 2 was straight up average to me, same with Black Widow. Eternals was great as was Shang-Chi, but still B-tier Marvel. Hawkeye and Moon Knight were engaging enough, but lost steam as they went along in episodes. Even as great as No Way Home was, on rewatch it's a lot of nostalgia drips and barreling plot, it's not like, a great movie in some ways.

 

What did you think of Loki?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Derek said:

Almost looked too silly to me. 

 

That's kind of how She Hulk is...she was talking to the audience long before Deadpool was.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, GoldenTongue said:

Worth trying just for Tatiana Maslaney. Wonderfully versatile actress in this type of environment; I think she could make it something great (for what it most likely will be).

 

I'm sure she'll do great, but I have to say when I look at her she just doesn't scream Jennifer Walters to me. Though I'll be honest and say off the top of my head I'm not sure who I'd have cast as her. 

  • True 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, SoberChef said:

 

Wong the Watcher?

Well he is the Sorcerer Supreme so it makes sense for him to keep tabs on so many things. 

 

That trailer was lackluster and that CGI was terrible. I think Loki was the last D+ show I genuinely liked. This has been a bummer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am SO happy I found The Critical Drinker, dude is hysterical & insightful AF! Please allow me to share the wonder that is this glorious blackout drunkard Scottsman! (who's also a hell of a writer!)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • silentbob changed the title to She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Trailer/Aug 18th Release)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...