The official thread of John Fetterman clowning Dr. Oz.

Many elections happening today.

AP22127058975894-4x3-1.jpg?w=640
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

Tuesday is the busiest election day of the year so far, as five states — Idaho, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oregon and Pennsylvania — hold their 2022 primaries. A…

AP22132840087113-4x3-1.jpg?w=640
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

Most of the primary action so far this year has been on the Republican side, but Tuesday’s elections in Kentucky, North Carolina, Oregon and Pennsylvania will a…

I went out and voted in the PA primaries during lunch break. It feels so pointless right now though. The GOP will probably make huge gains in November, will further tighten those gains with more voter suppression laws, and we'll have to endure more Trump presidency in 2025.

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I went out and voted in the PA primaries during lunch break. It feels so pointless right now though. The GOP will probably make huge gains in November, will further tighten those gains with more voter suppression laws, and we'll have to endure more Trump presidency in 2025.

Dude, in a big Republican year in 2014, Pennsylvania elected a Democratic governor. There's nothing pointless about voting in Pennsylvania.

There are plenty of state and local things to vote on too, so don’t throw your hands up over the federal stuff. Gain knowledge on your city/county races, especially in primaries because so many races aren’t competitive by the time you get to the general but are very competitive in the primary.

And talk to people in your sphere of influence locally! Make sure they know when elections are. Encourage them to go out and vote for those local races and ballot measures, not just the big federal races.

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

Idaho's candidates make me embarrassed to be from Idaho. 

I was absolutely horrified when I read this today:

627ebdc5260000a6338a866e.jpg?cache=DOWla
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

A radical GOP faction, in open alliance with extremists, is seizing power and targeting its opponents with cruelty. Some wonder: Is it time to leave?

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I was absolutely horrified when I read this today:

627ebdc5260000a6338a866e.jpg?cache=DOWla
WWW.HUFFPOST.COM

A radical GOP faction, in open alliance with extremists, is seizing power and targeting its opponents with cruelty. Some wonder: Is it time to leave?

The solution to the housing crisis is to just move to Boise for the cheap housing, right @b_m_b_m_b_m

52 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There are plenty of state and local things to vote on too, so don’t throw your hands up over the federal stuff. Gain knowledge on your city/county races, especially in primaries because so many races aren’t competitive by the time you get to the general but are very competitive in the primary.

And talk to people in your sphere of influence locally! Make sure they know when elections are. Encourage them to go out and vote for those local races and ballot measures, not just the big federal races.

My city council rep and mayor won with 37% of the vote.  Fptp is a pathetic system. Every other office was extremely uncompetitive in my D+60 area. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

The solution to the housing crisis is to just move to Boise for the cheap housing, right @b_m_b_m_b_m

Even smaller cities like Boise are becoming unaffordable because we fail the heed the lessons of California. And Boise is supposed to be very nice from what I hear. 

but you couldn’t pay me enough to live in a solidly red state

41 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even smaller cities like Boise are becoming unaffordable because we fail the heed the lessons of California. And Boise is supposed to be very nice from what I hear. 

but you couldn’t pay me enough to live in a solidly red state

Boise is actually the highest increase in terms of percentage for home prices in the country over the past couple of years.

Interesting quote from one of the 538 guys in the chat tonight:

'In my survey of Pennsylvanians, I am looking at the factors that distinguish Oz supporters from Barnette supporters. Oz supporters are more likely to watch Tucker Carlson, while Barnette supporters have higher incomes and are less likely to identify as Republicans.'

28 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Interesting quote from one of the 538 guys in the chat tonight:

'In my survey of Pennsylvanians, I am looking at the factors that distinguish Oz supporters from Barnette supporters. Oz supporters are more likely to watch Tucker Carlson, while Barnette supporters have higher incomes and are less likely to identify as Republicans.'

They identify as fuckinnuts?

Haven't read the statement yet, but seems like good stuff to run on and against (from 538 chat):

"Read into it what you will, but Josh Shapiro’s press release on Doug Mastriano’s victory previews three attacks on Mastriano, in the following order:

“Ban abortion without exceptions”
“Restrict the right to vote and spread conspiracy theories”
“Destroy the union way of life for hard working Pennsylvanians”"