For All Mankind: Season 4 All Mankind

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don't wanna be too hard on a show I genuinely really like, but...

i wonder if they've thought about the extent to which they're consistently cruel to the kids on this show. Shane is dead. Danny and Jimmy both deserve the death penalty. Kelly is having raw dog space adventures (goals) but we're not even using the rhythm method here?

And the Helios stuff was just... bad. Karen calling out Dev for behaving erratically, but we haven't known him long enough to see that? Pinning the company's issues on Karen getting an office when the board was apparently always there but didn't have a say in a straw poll that could have let a bunch of people die in space so they could get to Mars first? And then the fact that his idea saved Ed and Danny's lives apparently counts for no cache with the board? Or Karen? And Dev's got enough money to just start another company, but not enough money to pay people? I don't want to get into the weeds but that whole arc failed every vibe check.

Yeah, it feels as if they had a plan with the first two seasons and now they are winging this last season. And the season finale, ho boy... Its a lot. Regarding the kids, they do seem to be the common thread of fuckers running through everything at this point. Darn kids, always endanger the future of space exploration! 

Spoiler

Also, the blast pattern on that bomb is something to leave Karin's whole face and body largely intact, but still able to sheer of the face of the building!

14 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yeah, it feels as if they had a plan with the first two seasons and now they are winging this last season. And the season finale, ho boy... Its a lot. Regarding the kids, they do seem to be the common thread of fuckers running through everything at this point. Darn kids, always endanger the future of space exploration! 

Hide contents

Also, the blast pattern on that bomb is something to leave Karin's whole face and body largely intact, but still able to sheer of the face of the building!

Honestly I can't even talk about the actual bombing because it makes absolutely zero fucking sense at all. The blast was big enough to rip off almost a whole side of JSC and completely destroy mission control but the only thing Jimmy, 25 feet away from the blast, suffers is the indignity of the world's most embarassing God of War cosplay? Dude should be vapor. The show has nuclear powered spaceships so I know we're adjacent to Hogwarts, but Jesus Christ.

• Haha 1

Frustrating season. I'm so tired of Jimmy and Danny. Just launch them into the sun. And I get that the characters are getting old and you need a new crew, but a magic car bomb that destroys everything except for that pumpkin-faced freak Jimmy?? Good god. Hopefully season 4 rounds things back into shape.

The president side-plot was ok but every other plotline that happened on Earth was soap opera levels of silly.

When this show is good its so good, like when the Soviet ship was out of control and collided with the American ship but when its bad its so bad.

Danny is such a fuck up that he managed to break Mars, I hope they just come back to the capsule next season and find out that he died of whatever between seasons and he is never spoken of again. Also how was that capsule sustaining the North Korean for over a year, that thing was tiny.

They kill off Molly who is easily one of the best if not the best characters on the show and leave dumb ass Jimmy around to potentially pollute future seasons, such baffling decisions.

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

wow...just finished watching the season....Kelly getting pregnant was a stupid plot but everything else was pretty cool. The twist in the last episode of the Korean's having gotten there first...mind blowing 

The Stevens boys plot was an affront to man and god.

• Halal 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Season 4 has been dropping, three episodes out so far. So far it's pretty good! Kelly and Aleida are annoying as always, and Margo's decision making has been called into question for seasons now and continues to be, but other than that it's been really great! Excellent space sequence in the season opener. And getting rid of the two Gordo kids (finally!) is refreshing. The Dev Ayesa board meeting was hilarious in episode 3 but whatever I'll take it. Anyone else watching?

Edit: Can a mod update the OP thread title to reflect this is season 4 out now, not season 3?

@Mr.Vic20

@Kal-El814

@Jason

@thewhyteboar

@elbobo

@EternallDarkness

@legend

• Hugs 1

• Kal-El814 changed the title to For All Mankind: Season 4 All Mankind
2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Season 4 has been dropping, three episodes out so far. So far it's pretty good! Kelly and Aleida are annoying as always, and Margo's decision making has been called into question for seasons now and continues to be, but other than that it's been really great! Excellent space sequence in the season opener. And getting rid of the two Gordo kids (finally!) is refreshing. The Dev Ayesa board meeting was hilarious in episode 3 but whatever I'll take it. Anyone else watching?

Edit: Can a mod update the OP thread title to reflect this is season 4 out now, not season 3?

@Mr.Vic20

@Kal-El814

@Jason

@thewhyteboar

@elbobo

@EternallDarkness

@legend

You have the title you needed though not the one you deserved, or something.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

@Mr.Vic20

@Kal-El814

@Jason

@thewhyteboar

@elbobo

@EternallDarkness

@legend

I am watching! So far, I'm enjoying this season more than 3. Very glad to be done with Gordo's kids.

• Hype 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fifth episode was another solid entry - my guess is the iridium they've found on that asteroid will do for the show's space travel what helium-3 did in the first season. I'm betting Jupiter, etc. next season. I like how the show spent so much time on the potential of Ed discovering Danny slept with his wife while they were married for Ed never to find out? All the better we shunted off the two Gordo kids at the start of this season. It's also refreshing to see Danielle hold Ed finally to account for making numerous executive, personal decisions throughout the show's run, constantly flouting safety protocols. It's been a pretty great season so far, no real dumb plotlines yet. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Fifth episode was another solid entry - my guess is the iridium they've found on that asteroid will do for the show's space travel what helium-3 did in the first season. I'm betting Jupiter, etc. next season. I like how the show spent so much time on the potential of Ed discovering Danny slept with his wife while they were married for Ed never to find out? All the better we shunted off the two Gordo kids at the start of this season. It's also refreshing to see Danielle hold Ed finally to account for making numerous executive, personal decisions throughout the show's run, constantly flouting safety protocols. It's been a pretty great season so far, no real dumb plotlines yet. 

I do agree with a comment I saw on reddit about how in some cases the big-picture stuff is good but the small-scale stuff they do to get things moving can be kind of stilted. The example in the comment was that the fight that led to Ed's lady cosmonaut friend getting sent back to Earth really wasn't as well-done as the geopolitical situation that resulted from it, it was kind of just shoehorned in with some hokey acting to get the plot where it needed to be. The way they paired up Kelly and Aleida is another one that I think we've mentioned ITT. I honestly prefer when they just do the big time jumps even during a season to get things to where they need to be for the story than the clunky chesspiece shuffling scenes...but I guess sometimes the amount of time they'd need to skip to do that instead wouldn't work.

• True 1

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I do agree with a comment I saw on reddit about how in some cases the big-picture stuff is good but the small-scale stuff they do to get things moving can be kind of stilted. The example in the comment was that the fight that led to Ed's lady cosmonaut friend getting sent back to Earth really wasn't as well-done as the geopolitical situation that resulted from it, it was kind of just shoehorned in with some hokey acting to get the plot where it needed to be. The way they paired up Kelly and Aleida is another one that I think we've mentioned ITT. I honestly prefer when they just do the big time jumps even during a season to get things to where they need to be for the story than the clunky chesspiece shuffling scenes...but I guess sometimes the amount of time they'd need to skip to do that instead wouldn't work.

Yeah I agree about the chess pieces moving can come off as stilted. Dev Ayesa puts Aleida in charge of negotiating with M-7 countries for Helios and she's like: "I'm an engineer..." and the show is like: "don't worry you'll be great at it". Definitely happens a lot. I mean, the way Karen took Helios from Dev last season was pretty silly (housewife to bar owner to co-hotelier to CEO of the biggest corp?) and Dev getting it back this season was just as silly at that board meeting.