What temperature do you keep your house at?

Fizzzzle

And/or what is the breaking point before you turn on the AC/heat?

I generally have a low point of about 61 before I turn on the heat. Since living in New Orleans, I've turned the heat on only once when we had a cold snap in march. For AC, I mostly only turn it on when I'm sleeping. If I'm awake, my breaking point is about 78-80 before I turn it on, depending on how humid it is that day.

My apartment only has 2 windows, one of which is covered with vines and is west-facing, so it doesn't get a lot of sun (perfect for me since I'm a vampire), the other is east-facing but is covered by an awning, so it only gets direct sunlight in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure how much that helps.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't believe I have any kind of controllable heat and I've never seen my dad use it. That being said it generally hovers around 75 degrees or higher. In the winter it might cool down so I put a blanket on. I have no AC so I use a Vornado.

Tell me you're from San Diego without telling me you're from San Diego

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Tell me you're from San Diego without telling me you're from San Diego

Well when I used to live in a trailer I had a heater but I stopped using it because I was pretty sure I heard vermin scratching around in the vents. And in there it would get cold because there was no insulation. Some mornings you'd get up and you could see your breath inside the house!

So yeah I kind of keep the blanket mentality. I don't live with anyone else and it saves on electricity and isn't super cold anymore.

• Halal 1

Winter we keep things around 68-70f, and in the summer we try to keep things around 70-72f. Do it for the dogs mostly in the summer time but I like it cooler for sleep reasons. I actually hate when we have to put the heat on in the house at night, because my room just gets too warm.

We don’t track the temperature in the house. If it’s cold, we’ll put out central heating on for an hour or so, then wear jumpers/socks/have a blanket, if it’s still chilly. Summer, whatever the temperature is with the window open. My daughter will have a fan on (with a frozen bottle of water in front of it) if it’s very hot.