Update: Did you say you wanted a revival of "Silent Hill" series? Looks like Konami's got ya covered!

Details in the screenshots also indicate that it might be set in the UK:

Silent-Hill.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Images shared by a known insider have since been removed in a copyright claim…

Images from what is reportedly a new Silent Hill game were shared online by a reputable insider, shortly before they were taken down in a copyright claim.

AestheticGamer, previously known as Dusk Golem, posted four images of what they claimed were a “Silent Hill leak”, adding that while they originated from a source that was new to them, they had been given “more than enough proof to believe them”.

Within hours the pictures were removed from Twitter and replaced with a message stating: “This image has been removed in response to a report from the copyright holder”.

7sWLmXZ.jpg

HSA6DNV.jpg

Gl5U44v.png

musXmH5.jpg

5KGXF2j.png

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Leaked images (and DMCA takedown from Konami) appear to indicate a new "Silent Hill" game is in development

Translation of the Japanese text:

July 7, 2020

Dear Christa Neumann

The authorities have repeatedly requested to meet with you, but you have not complied.

We consider this as an unwillingness to resolve the matter and, in violation of Civil Code Article 1631, Section 2, we are taking your two children into custody by order of the Federal Court Officer.

If you have any objections, please contact the authorities and promptly agree to an interview.

Failure to comply will be considered as abandonment of the child and the authorities will proceed with temporary protection measures in accordance with their regulations. If this happens, any objections will not be accepted.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Did you say you wanted more "Silent Hill" games? Well, be careful what you wish for...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Did you say you wanted a revival of "Silent Hill" series? Looks like Konami's got ya covered!
42 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I wish they'd release the HD collection on the PC. It does run well in RPCS3 atleast.

There's a native PC version of Silent Hill 2 check out the play through on giant bomb. I think it's slightly modified but is better than the HD collection.

34 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There's a native PC version of Silent Hill 2 check out the play through on giant bomb. I think it's slightly modified but is better than the HD collection.

Downloading now. I guess PC version for SH2 and just use the HD Collection for 3?

On 5/16/2022 at 10:58 AM, Zaku3 said:

Downloading now. I guess PC version for SH2 and just use the HD Collection for 3?

I couldnt find it? It's not steam, where can I buy/download sh2 on pc?

I'm all over a 2 remake, just like dead space 1 & 2. If there anything like the RE remakes it's going to be awesome

• True 1

• 4 months later...

Man, Silent Hill is another franchise that can't catch a break. Nine game releases (ignoring arcade and mobile) and you can tell ever since Team Silent stopped making the games there's a drop off. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3 and 4: The Room are all good to great (I think Silent Hill 4: The Room is underrated). But that was the end for Team Silent's involvement with Silent Hill. The two Climax Studios games, Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are solid/okay, with the best versions being the PSP and Wii versions respectively. They aren't really Silent Hill games like the original four but they are solid games. And then finally Silent Hill: Homecoming (by Double Helix Games), Silent Hill: Downpour (by Vatra Games) and Silent Hill: Book of Memories (by WayForward Technologies) are all mediocre to outright straight up bad games that can be completely ignored. 

It's also too bad that the Silent Hill HD Collection is locked on the PS3/Xbox 360 unless you emulate. And it only including Silent Hill 2+3 but not Silent Hills 1+4 makes it feel incomplete to me. And the original HD collection release was heavily flawed, even after they patched it, so unless you emulate it with mods, it's a pretty crummy release to emulate, you'd be better off emulating the original console versions of each game and using mods anyway. They really need to do a proper remaster collection PC release for all 4 Team Silent games (I don't care about the other 5 games).

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have always found it to be the scariest and that is 100% because of the room. I felt safer outside of it. 

Absolutely - it was Team Silent trying to do something a bit different than what they'd done with the first three games and I think the audience wasn't initially receptive to that.

• True 1

I remember not liking The Room at all, but that was in the context of it being a Silent Hill game. I know it wasn't originally a SH game so I think it would've been better as a standalone title. I think they fucked up by tacking on the Silent Hill name and giving it a mountain of a reputation to live up to.

Oddly, I’ve only ever played the first game properly (about half way) in 2011 and really like it - then never touched another game, outside of maybe 20 minutes with 2 when I was about 13 - when it royally freaked me out.

I’d love a remake of the first game (or two), but equally, would quite enjoy a Supermassive type game, in the setting. 

6 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I remember not liking The Room at all, but that was in the context of it being a Silent Hill game. I know it wasn't originally a SH game so I think it would've been better as a standalone title. I think they fucked up by tacking on the Silent Hill name and giving it a mountain of a reputation to live up to.

Compared to the five non-Team Silent developed games that followed, The Room is quite good by comparison to those.

15 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Compared to the five non-Team Silent developed games that followed, The Room is quite good by comparison to those.

I haven't played it since it came out. Those other ones didn't exist. 

To be fair, SH3 was kinda shit too.

Come to think of it, most SH are shit. Why is this series so popular? The first two were legendary, but since then they've been average at best.

7 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Come to think of it, most SH are shit. Why is this series so popular? The first two were legendary, but since then they've been average at best.

I think most people remember the creepy atmosphere but the rest of the games aren't that great, even the ones remembered to be good.

52 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I haven't played it since it came out. Those other ones didn't exist. 

To be fair, SH3 was kinda shit too.

Eh, I disagree - I'd go back and play 3 and 4. Both are much creepier and have better stories to tell than you might remember. But yes, 4 good games vs. 5 bad ones isn't a great ratio but this is Konami, after a certain point they were sinking all of their franchises.

The Room is probably my favorite Silent Hill title. It gets a lot of shit but it was the scariest for me by far. Even the fuckin' intro movie creeps me out with the weird ass grainy footage of the backwards-knees ghosts and the low frame rate baby crawlers running around. Plus the actual room is a fantastic hub for the game. And the swords you use to keep ghosts down is probably the most unique and most potent form of survival horror I've ever seen: complete resource management to keep areas safe, but requiring backtracking and putting yourself in danger to retrieve them and use them elsewhere.

2 would be a close second, but The Room just really clicked with me. Also I've never given a single shit about the actual cultist plot in Silent Hill games so I absolutely do not care that The Room messed with that because it's all background noise to me to begin with.

All that said, I was looking forward to this, but the footage for the 2 remake looked really fucked up and weird. Like, it looks technically nice, but it doesn't capture any Silent Hill vibes at all. Could just be the stark contrast between the old and new styles, but I was not feeling anything watching it.

All the other stuff was way too vague or clearly in early stages for me to have an opinion on.

Also, hoping this isn't a permanent PS5 exclusive. Gimme dat PC version. Quit fucking not putting your Silent Hill games on PC, they always age like shit on consoles if they're not compromised right out the gate. I saw a video recently talking about how if Downfall didn't have massive performance issues and horrible load times it might've been decent instead of trash. (But still not good.)

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It said at the end of the trailer it'll be on PC.

Did it? I kinda skimmed through once the actual trailer was over. That right arrow key got a good workout as I skimmed the fluff. If so that's good news. Can't wait to mod James with huge jugs!

EDIT: No wonder I didn't see it, was on the spinning PS5 exclusive section that I skipped. :lol: Good stuff.

HXVilcV.png

The idea of this image is funny to me. "We need a big billboard about how exclusive it is, but also remind them that it's not actually exclusive and is only temporarily exclusive!"

But I do appreciate the transparency.