Nationwide baby formula shortage crisis

27 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Had to read more on this because for a minute, I thought Governor Abbott did something wrong that caused the baby formula issue.

I mean would that surprise you if it were the case? "Well, they are born. They don't need nutrition. And if they die we can toss the parents asses in prison." 

33 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

I mean would that surprise you if it were the case? "Well, they are born. They don't need nutrition. And if they die we can toss the parents asses in prison." 

That's actually part of why it made sense to me -- I thought that stunt at the border may have f'd up shipments of formula.

46 minutes ago, Joe said:

They make 43% of the formula in the US. Part of this shortage is that people just won’t ever trust this brand again.

I can’t blame them! If on the off chance we need formula (doubtful since my daughter is nearly 10 months old and we literally have over 1,000 oz of breast milk in the freezer) I sure as hell would not be using Abbott!

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I can’t blame them! If on the off chance we need formula (doubtful since my daughter is nearly 10 months old and we literally have over 1,000 oz of breast milk in the freezer) I sure as hell would not be using Abbott!

My daughter actually ate from the recalled Similac that was sent as a sample. She’s fine though. I had ordered separately three huge cans from Amazon. We opened one and even though it wasn’t part of the recall, we threw it away. The other two were donated.

My daughter’s like only 20% formula because my wife can’t keep up with her ridiculous appetite that she got from her dad lol. But we definitely switched to Enfamil Neuropro.

My baby did a bunch of back and forth between Similac & Enfamil in the early days (because we had to exclusively rely on formula) but we end up settling on Enfamil a really long time ago. 

18 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s all so unsurprising

I mean Greed is such an honest mistake that anybody would make and what really matters is LET'S GO BRANDON!!!! (Because I'm too much of a wimp to simply say fuck Biden for something that isn't in his control) (/sarcasm)

T7JF63Q7QRI43EKBKEQPYGFWDU.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Perrigo Company PLC , which makes store-brand baby formulas for retailers including Walmart Inc and Amazon.com Inc expects shortages and heightened demand to last for the "balance of the year," said CEO...

I've seen Similac disappear, we originally used its added rice milk formula and it seemed to help some spit up issues and the little one seemed to like it better. Thankfully I've been able to reliably find Enfamil added rice since then (usually amazon) but the formula aisles are definitely ravaged worse than pandemic toilet paper. 

A whole lot of the conservative responses to the baby formula shortage is disgusting. They blame Biden/FDA/etc and not the companies responsible for selling poisoned baby formula. Aren't these the same people pushing for a total ban of abortion?  You'd think they would be similarly upset some company is negligently killing infants, but instead they are pissed at the government for stopping the factory from producing poisoned baby formula.

Conservatives just straight up stop giving a shit about the life and health of anyone as soon as they are out of the womb. As soon as a child takes their first breath conservatives switch from "precious life that must be protected" to "worthless drain on society that shouldn't be allowed to get any handouts from MY tax dollars!".  As the late great George Carlin once said, "If you're pre-born, you're fine. If you're pre-school, you're fucked."

You would think I'd eventually grow numb to just how big a bunch of assholes the GOP are, but they seem to always find some new way to surprise me.

• True 3

Nobody died as a result of the bad batches of formula, per the CDC themselves

CDC performed whole genome sequencing(WGS) on Cronobacter bacteria isolated from two available patient samples to compare them with environmental samples taken at the facility to determine if there is any relation.

At this time, CDC has completed laboratory testing for the two available patient samples. The analysis performed by WGS did not find these samples from patients to be closely genetically related to the multiple strains of Cronobacter found in the environmental samples obtained from Abbott Nutrition’s Sturgis, MI facility.