Rumour: WB considering replacing Ezra Miller with Dylan O'Brien as The Flash

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
elliot-page-oprah-interview-2-e163831096
WWW.GIANTFREAKINROBOT.COM

Elliot Page was rumored to be in line to replace Ezra Miller as The Flash, and now that rumor has received more validity from insiders at Warner Bros. Discovery.

So, basically, WB doesn't want anyone to be able to accuse them of dumping Miller for being non-binary? It certainly would be easier to avoid such accusations by just, I don't know, using your already there for the last decade Flash. That's a large height gap to make up. He's shorter than me and I'm comic-accurate Wolverine.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

So, basically, WB doesn't want anyone to be able to accuse them of dumping Miller for being non-binary? It certainly would be easier to avoid such accusations by just, I don't know, using your already there for the last decade Flash. That's a large height gap to make up. He's shorter than me and I'm comic-accurate Wolverine.

Maybe he's just the victim of typecasting, but I have a really hard time imaging Page bringing the right energy to the role.

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe he's just the victim of typecasting, but I have a really hard time imaging Page bringing the right energy to the role.

He's a good actor, so I'm sure he'd have no problem making up for the energy. He's also been hitting the gym and looks good. My bigger issue is just size. It's hard to imagine 5'1", 110lb? Elliot Page like snatching 5'7" Kiersey Clemons out of the air. Tom Cruise gets shit for being a short action star, but he's still six inches taller than Page.

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

definitely can't see Page in the role but then I also thought Ezra was a horrible choice..his entire take on the character just felt wrong...of course he could have been playing the character exactly as written so.... 

• Halal 2

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

He's a good actor, so I'm sure he'd have no problem making up for the energy. He's also been hitting the gym and looks good. My bigger issue is just size. It's hard to imagine 5'1", 110lb? Elliot Page like snatching 5'7" Kiersey Clemons out of the air. Tom Cruise gets shit for being a short action star, but he's still six inches taller than Page.

He was definitely wrong for Reacher that's for sure, though I still like those movies 

17 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

He was definitely wrong for Reacher that's for sure, though I still like those movies 

He absolutely was, even if he is a great action movie star. It's hard to make up for it when playing a character that supposed to be a whole foot taller.

For the Flash, I get the idea that it looks shitty to take a role played by a non-binary person away and then handing it over to a straight cis white guy. There are just better choices. Like, right off the top of my head. Jonathan Groff. He just did The Matrix with WB, so why not. I bet he'd be a great Barry Allen.

32 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

definitely can't see Page in the role but then I also thought Ezra was a horrible choice..his entire take on the character just felt wrong...of course he could have been playing the character exactly as written so.... 

They.

• Halal 1

With all the things Miller has been accused of, here's something I saw someone ponder; why isn't this all over Fox News? They're whole thing right now is how Hollywood and trans/non binary people are groomers, etc., and here you have a non binary actor being accused of grooming, among other things, and yet Fox News isn't blasting it non stop about "see, we were right". Is there maybe not much there to these allegations? Is there, but maybe there's a connection to a big name Republican or Fox news ally? Not that I want to diminish the gravity of these allegations, because if they are true then they're horrible, and Miller needs to be prosecuted, and get serious help, but I can't help but wonder, huh yeah why is that? 

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

He absolutely was, even if he is a great action movie star. It's hard to make up for it when playing a character that supposed to be a whole foot taller.

For the Flash, I get the idea that it looks shitty to take a role played by a non-binary person away and then handing it over to a straight cis white guy. There are just better choices. Like, right off the top of my head. Jonathan Groff. He just did The Matrix with WB, so why not. I bet he'd be a great Barry Allen.

They aren't "taking it from a non-binary actor", they are taking it from a criminal/predator. His gender should have no part in this, just his damn crimes. Fire Miller and be done with it. Its not like they have public support left.

Jobs should go to the best for the role, and that's not page. Activist casting is fine when the activist is good for the role. Page is two sheets of paper thick and 3 apples tall. He looks like a 13yo boy, he just wouldn't be a very good fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

They aren't "taking it from a non-binary actor", they are taking it from a criminal/predator. His gender should have no part in this, just his damn crimes. Fire Miller and be done with it. Its not like they have public support left.

Their.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Does Ezra have incriminating photos of WB execs or something? Haven't they somewhat credibly been accused of abducting someone? What is  the insistence upon releasing this movie amidst all the other shit WB has canceled?

2b9.jpg