Rumour: WB considering replacing Ezra Miller with Dylan O'Brien as The Flash

1 minute ago, stepee said:

If it wasn’t for the weird grooming cult thing I would actually want them to just roll with it and have the Flash movie take place in hawaii and just have him going fucking nuts on everyone.

They tried this in Man of Steel when Clark smooched Lois in a crater while people died in fires, it sucked.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jason said:

So is there any point at which this gets bad enough for WB to cancel the movie? 

No way, the film is already in post-production with VFX getting finished (hence the delay to June 2023 for release). I don't know what they'll do if anything, but cancel the movie seems unlikely. I mean, Tokyo Vice got renewed for a season 2 despite Ansel Elgort and they released Death on the Nile which had 4 currently problematic actors in it headlining it, so . . . my thought is by June 2023 no one cares and the film releases. I will say it seems the rest of the industry has already shunned them though, I hadn't realized Ezra Miller hadn't done a non-Fantastic Beasts or non-Flash role since 2015, 7 years ago now, which is kind of crazy. They've been solely riding those two franchises for awhile now it seems.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Wild to think that The Flash movie got announced the same year that The Flash TV show started airing.

Oh man I remember that was back in like October 2014 when they had given The Flash a March 2018 theatrical release originally. Movie is reaching Uncharted levels. Seeing Justice League: Part Two, Cyborg, and Green Lantern Corps are amusing. I am surprised that ultimately all those movies happened. I guess the two untitled DCEU films ended up being Birds of Prey or Wonder Woman 1984 or The Suicide Squad? I assume Joker and The Batman don't count since they aren't DCEU (apparently Aquaman 2, Black Adam, The Flash, and Shazam 2 are considered DCEU by comparison, which makes sense). :p 

Edit: What's even stranger is Dwayne Johnson was circling Shazam/Black Adam since 2007 checking now. Never believed that movie would happen either (this was formalized in 2014 when the DCEU was announced, still, 8-15 years depending on how you look at it).

17 hours ago, Jason said:

So is there any point at which this gets bad enough for WB to cancel the movie? 

At this point, only if it were a minor they were on the run with. Her being 18, even assuming they groomed her from an early age, makes this story barely gain any press.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

At this point, only if it were a minor and they were on the run with. Her being 18, even assuming they groomed her from an early age, makes this story barely gain any press. 

What if Ezra and the girl being AWOL ends in a murder suicide? 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

What if Ezra and the girl being AWOL ends in a murder suicide? 

Any scenario that ends with that girl dying would probably be enough to bin the movie. Ezra killing themself and the girl being fine would probably make WB's life a lot easier.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
The-Flash-WB.jpg?w=1000
DEADLINE.COM

Zaslav’s First Movie Crisis: What To Do With Ezra Miller, The Erratic Star Of Warner Bros’ $200M ‘Flash” Franchise Launch.

Ok, I've got to know. I know it would be wildly expensive, but at what point does Ezra Miller deserve the D'Elia treatment? I don't know if Tig is available, but WB might be able to find someone else.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

7 hours ago, Jason said:

more flash season 8 spoilers

Hide contents

THEY COULDN'T JUST MAKE MATT LETSCHER THAWNE THROUGH THE END OF THE SEASON?!?!?!

3000418e-0c8c-4846-b789-493774b16fbc_tex

Spoiler

Did they change Thawne?

Was it a scheduling problem, or a speedster screwing with timelines thing?

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Batgirl and Blue Beetle are/were scheduled this way, but execs are maybe rethinking that plan and trying theatre first.

Batgirl will make bank because of Keaton. They should just push Flash out and hope for the best. 

On 6/23/2022 at 2:19 AM, Jason said:

more flash season 8 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

THEY COULDN'T JUST MAKE MATT LETSCHER THAWNE THROUGH THE END OF THE SEASON?!?!?!

3000418e-0c8c-4846-b789-493774b16fbc_tex

Is this where we're talking about Season 8 now? :p

Spoiler

Covid and the uncertain future of the cast / Arrowverse has made this a pretty funny show to watch from a meta (no pun intended) POV. I'd assumed that they were gonna write Iris off the show given she wasn't in all of this season, but that didn't happen. I think Joe is more or less confirmed to only show up in cameos in season 8 which I guess is fine since the show has no problem doing that with Wells / Thawne. Not showing whatever came out of Sub-Zero's (I forget that character's name) cryopod lets someone else be Frost or whoever if Panabaker doesn't come back on board. Joe / Cecile having one of the most offscreen babies of all time will never not be funny to me. And who the hell knows what they'll do with the forces, as I don't think a damn thing about them made a lick of sense this season anyway.

There were a few pretty fun episodes this season even if I think their "graphic novel" approach means that everything feels pretty mishmashed.