Rumour: WB considering replacing Ezra Miller with Dylan O'Brien as The Flash

21 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Makes ZERO sense, just have Grant Gustin take over FFS

you say that I yet I can understand them not doing that. You put him in the role and the average person sees it and thinks it's the same flash from the show, they'll go in expecting to see other characters from the show as well. Hey where's Cisco? Why ain't Caitlyn here? What's going on... did he divorce Iris or what? :silly::monkey: 

• 5 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Derek said:

I thought I saw something that Flash was too far along to replace him, but I dunno.

Variety said as much in a report last week.

The-Flash.jpg?w=1000
VARIETY.COM

Despite several eyebrow-raising events, Warner Bros. does not plan to replace Ezra Miller in "The Flash."

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Between Heard & Miller (HAHA sounds like a law firm!), WB/DC is going to have a really hard time marketing Aquaman 2 & The Flash :lol:

Maybe it's best to not have Jason Momoa on Hot Ones!

There is no such thing as a bad interview on Hot Ones. Jason Momoa has to be in the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 1

8 hours ago, Derek said:

I thought I saw something that Flash was too far along to replace him, but I dunno.

7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Variety said as much in a report last week.

The-Flash.jpg?w=1000
VARIETY.COM

Despite several eyebrow-raising events, Warner Bros. does not plan to replace Ezra Miller in "The Flash."

Seeing as this movie is already going multiverse, they have an easy opportunity to shoehorn in some minimal extra shooting of scenes that result in, say, someone who isn't Miller popping out of the speedforce at the end of the movie. This way if they don't want to just do a recast, they can mostly keep whatever they've already shot and tee up an in-universe explanation about why someone else is the Flash.

Or just start the next movie with Barry dead or lost in the speedforce or something and now Wally's the Flash.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seeing as this movie is already going multiverse, they have an easy opportunity to shoehorn in some minimal extra shooting of scenes that result in, say, someone who isn't Miller popping out of the speedforce at the end of the movie. This way if they don't want to just do a recast, they can mostly keep whatever they've already shot and tee up an in-universe explanation about why someone else is the Flash.

Or just start the next movie with Barry dead or lost in the speedforce or something and now Wally's the Flash.

You have to understand, though. WB would much rather release the movie as is and just flail around when it comes to future entries.

You are right, though. It would make a million times more sense to set up for replacing Miller in this movie than having to work around it in future movies where you may want the Flash.

I mean...they don't really have to even do that much if they just brought Grant Gustin in. Fans will understand what's going on without the actual need to fully introduce who he is. WB just seems hell bent on doing everything as ass backward as possible.

12 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

You have to understand, though. WB would much rather release the movie as is and just flail around when it comes to future entries.

You are right, though. It would make a million times more sense to set up for replacing Miller in this movie than having to work around it in future movies where you may want the Flash.

I mean...they don't really have to even do that much if they just brought Grant Gustin in. Fans will understand what's going on without the actual need to fully introduce who he is. WB just seems hell bent on doing everything as ass backward as possible.

Mads just replaced Depp in Fantastic Beasts and separate from the trial nonsense, nobody cared. They don’t even need to set up a different actor, just cast whoever. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol wait they replaced depp for being problematic in a JK joint? 

JK stood by him (unsurprising), but Warner execs wanted him out. What’s really funny (and by funny I mean sad) is if the second movie had been a critical and/or commercial hit, they probably would have put up with him. 

16 hours ago, silentbob said:

Black Mass, Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, Rango, Public Enemy, and the I think underrated Dark Shadows. Plus his great cameos in Into the Woods as The Big Bad Wolf and 21 Jump Street.

So pretty much nothing other than Black Mass (2015) since Public Enemies in 2009 and Rango in 2011? That was 11 years ago lol. Dark Shadows was bad and cameos don't count (Into the Woods and 21 Jump Street). I didn't think Into the Woods was good either though.

I will say I did hear The Professor (2018) and Minamata (2020) were both good films with good Depp performances, but I haven't seen either yet (audiences really seemed to like The Professor but critics hated it, so maybe it's just Minamata). But I haven't seen a good Depp performance since Public Enemies/Rango (he was fine in Murder on the Orient Express in a supporting role I guess, movie was also fine). But he's made a lot of movies since 2009/2011, and they are bad, and he's bad in them. He's only made 2 movies since 2018, but we know why that is. The man is 59 years old and basically hasn't worked in 5 years besides two films, I'm not expecting a lot from him at this point in his life in terms of acting, and I liked Depp as an actor.

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

So pretty much nothing other than Black Mass (2015) since Public Enemies in 2009 and Rango in 2011? That was 11 years ago lol. Dark Shadows was bad and cameos don't count (Into the Woods and 21 Jump Street). I didn't think Into the Woods was good either though.

I will say I did hear The Professor (2018) and Minamata (2020) were both good films with good Depp performances, but I haven't seen either yet. But I haven't seen a good Depp performance since Public Enemies/Rango (he was fine in Murder on the Orient Express in a supporting role I guess, movie was also fine). But he's made a lot of movies since 2009/2011, and they are bad, and he's bad in them. He's only made 2 movies since 2018, but we know why that is. 

Well I did meet the criteria of the original question which was just to name 1 good film since the original Pirates. Hard to believe that was almost 20yrs ago

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Well I did meet the criteria of the original question which was just to name 1 good film since the original Pirates. Hard to believe that was almost 20yrs ago

Oh for sure, Depp has made some good films since the first Pirates movie, so I'm in complete agreement with you there. He made a bunch of good ones until Public Enemies and Rango, and I think it's starting there that he hasn't made a good film since (barring the three I mentioned) and only 3 good movies in 11-13 years is not great (more importantly, only 3 good performances) when you've made 23 movies since then.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I will say I did hear The Professor (2018) and Minamata (2020) were both good films with good Depp performances, but I haven't seen either yet (audiences really seemed to like The Professor but critics hated it, so maybe it's just Minamata). But I haven't seen a good Depp performance since Public Enemies/Rango (he was fine in Murder on the Orient Express in a supporting role I guess, movie was also fine). But he's made a lot of movies since 2009/2011, and they are bad, and he's bad in them. He's only made 2 movies since 2018, but we know why that is. The man is 59 years old and basically hasn't worked in 5 years besides two films, I'm not expecting a lot from him at this point in his life in terms of acting, and I liked Depp as an actor.

I remember sitting in the theater for Public Enemies and during this shakycam forest shootout scene thinking the movie would get 100x better if Christian Bale whipped out from behind a tree and yelled I AM BATMAN in the grgl fargl voice. 

Also the person I was seeing the movie with fell asleep. 

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

I remember sitting in the theater for Public Enemies and during this shakycam forest shootout scene thinking the movie would get 100x better if Christian Bale whipped out from behind a tree and yelled I AM BATMAN in the grgl fargl voice. 

Also the person I was seeing the movie with fell asleep. 

I'm a huge Michael Mann fan and I think Public Enemies is a little underrated but it's not even close to his best film and I know it was a divisive film. But it has a real Depp performance at least.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm a huge Michael Mann fan and I think Public Enemies is a little underrated but it's not even close to his best film and I know it was a divisive film. But it has a real Depp performance at least.

Same here. Public Enemies is so... by the numbers and felt like it was really trying to repeat Heat. It's not bad, and it's about as well made as it could be, but I think it was a mediocre script based on a thin concept. They tried to make it a sympathetic love story when Dillinger really wasn't that deep.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Same here. Public Enemies is so... by the numbers and felt like it was really trying to repeat Heat. It's not bad, and it's about as well made as it could be, but I think it was a mediocre script based on a thin concept. They tried to make it a sympathetic love story when Dillinger really wasn't that deep.

The only real compliment that I can pay to Public Enemies is that it's a "competent" film.

• True 1

I unapologeticcally love Sweeney Todd. Honestly one of the best musical to film adaptations ever made, in my opinion.

Granted I also haven't seen it in a long time and I'm a piece of shit now, so maybe I would think of it differently.

Maybe that's next up on the streaming list

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I don't think Michael Mann is capable of incompetent, so low bar. :p 

I think he has such an understated style that people don't think of him. Heat is legitimately one of the best films ever made, imo. He takes ideas the are patently absurd and grounds them in a way that is like.... almost boring. Not that his movies are boring, quite the opposite, it's more like he makes the absurd seem reasonable.

Miami Vice should kind of Be a stupid movie. But it isn't.

That's why Ali is his worst movie. Michael Mann was not put on this earth to make Oscar bait biopics.

Come to think of it, imagine what it would be like if he directed the next F&F movie? I'd sacrifice a year or so of my life to see that happen.

• Like 1