Biomutant - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

52 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It's coming to last-gen platforms (exclusively?) despite coming out mid-2021... so probably not.

Also their official tweet couldn't even muster up the energy to put an exclamation mark on the release date everyone's been waiting for for like 2 years. Were they forced to put that release date? Conspiracy theories abound in my head!

I'm not really liking this wait for upgrades. I kind of understand it for a couple months after the systems release, but moving forward if you don't have ps5 and series x versions of your game ready to go, then your game isn't done yet. 

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biomutant (25 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Combat" trailer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biomutant (25 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: "World" trailer

I want to be interested in this game sooooo bad... I'm just... not. :(  I was hoping the game world trailer would get my hyped but it still just looks like they took Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild and smashed them together. Not that it's a bad thing, but I just.... I dunno. I think I would've been more into it if they would've gone full fantasy instead of rooting it in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Hopefully once I play it, it will click for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biomutant (25 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: "May The Furrth" trailer
biomutant-combat-4.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Here's what to expect from Biomutant's combat, character customisation, and world

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

Furry business - Putting out your first-ever game as a developer is always going to be a difficult task, but when the proj...

biomutant-combat-guns-mutations-radioact
GAMERANT.COM

Biomutant is releasing soon, but there has been a surprisingly little amount of official details revealed, including character creation.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biomutant (25 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: Character Creation/Customization and new gameplay videos
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Biomutant (25 May 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Explanation" trailer and gameplay footage for PC/last-gen consoles
1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Now question is will XSX maintain a solid 60fps or will it have more dips.

Just so people don’t think this is some sign for future releases, this is because there is no native current gen version and XSX bc mode gives more access to the full power of the system, ps5 is memory limited for improving resolutions in bc, I believe.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Just so people don’t think this is some sign for future releases, this is because there is no native current gen version and XSX bc mode gives more access to the full power of the system, ps5 is memory limited for improving resolutions in bc, I believe.

You are right, it's just working in BC right now.  Unfortunately for the developers, people seem to be blaming them for lack of effort or laziness to not try to get the PS5 to perform the same way, even though its a limitation of the BC compatability.

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm torn on this because it does seem to offer a lot. I'll have to wait for reviews and user impressions. 

You will likely pass regardless of impressions or reviews. If it looks goofy to you you'll avoid the game.

I'm still scarred from you rejecting my Carrion recommendation! :cry:

• Haha 1