Cobra Kai S5 - Official Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so I just binged 5 episodes back to back and maybe half of one more.  This show man. There is nothing like it. It’s just so unique. It’s not like an eighties comedy, it’s different. It’s so incredibly ludicrous and yet the most real show I’ve ever seen. Like in the first season I’m like ooookay so driving drunk is totally normal?!? Then I realize it is in that it happens 

Another solid season for a criminally underrated show. Maybe it's only those of us who were there when Karate Kid was such a sensation but I'd be hard pressed to argue against someone new to the franchise, just going out of their way to watch the original trilogy ahead of diving into this spectacular show! (Granted, maybe a little bit of HIMYM & all of Barney's jokes about Johnny help set a lot of this up as well but I digress.)

The stakes were higher than ever for sure. I marked the hell out for a freaking Mortal Kombat/Cobra Kai crossover w/ Josh Lawson (Kano) being the surfer Aussie guy in the premiere episode. Chosen's character really had a lot going on & he surely is not to be fucked with ... unless your last name is Silver because holy fuckballs he was not mucking about whatsoever. I truly wasn't initially believing how things would go in that final fight with all that had happened up to that point.

By the end, most of all the stories are stitched up well & resolved. I wouldn't be surprised if we do or don't get one more season, but I would say that one more season is all that is really necessary depending on what is yet to tell.

15 hours ago, SoberChef said:

By the end, most of all the stories are stitched up well & resolved. I wouldn't be surprised if we do or don't get one more season, but I would say that one more season is all that is really necessary depending on what is yet to tell.

I’m 90% sure I read a couple years ago that the show is planned as 6 seasons 

16 hours ago, SoberChef said:

still enough unresolved for at least 1 more ...maybe even more seasons

*unmarked spoilers, it’s been a week, if you’re in this thread and not up to date to where you’d be mad about spoilers… I don’t know what to tell you :p *

Great season, however I also feel it may be the weakest despite it still being great. Most of it felt like a bridge to the next season, which is why I was surprised it actually potentially ended the Terry Silver arc. I was also surprised they were able to bring Barns back: I wonder why his fight scenes were so short, though? IIRC the actor was actually a professional martial artist - maybe injuries from over the years or lack of prep time for longer fight scenes? Either way, it’d be neat to see if he starts a dojo or is at least back for next season. I wonder if they’ll bring characters from The Next Karate Kid in for (potentially) the final season? 
The show runners have stated that they want “at least” 6 seasons, but I think next season with that world tournament would be a logical end-point for the main series (I believe Netflix said they want spin-offs and to create a “universe”)

• Like 1